DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Haunted House Mafia Mafia Win CONGRATS LILY, COSMICPANDA, CJ, WAYWARD, AND JADE

Guest dragonsworn1991

Ok lol didn't know what "cop" meant but looked it up. Call me dense but I still don't like the argument. So I'm gonna talk and explain my understanding and you guys tell me where I'm going wrong.

LZM is a finder. He views people and can tell their alignment. The only problems are that he has decreasing chance of getting it right, and that the godfather shows up as innocent when viewed. Am I right so far?

Ok. LZM knows a confirmed innocent (or the godfather). Why the hell should he reveal? I think he should only reveal if we are lynching that person. Otherwise according to your own logic panda, that confirmed innocent is a target for the Mafia. I don't really know why, as I understand that the Mafia already know the innocents, but if you say so then fine. It then doesn't make sense to reveal. If he told you the innocent what would you gain? If you're a townie it gains you nothing. If you claim it allows you to be certain who's on your team, then the same result can be achieved by LZM telling you if you're about to lynch them, WITHOUT letting the Mafia know who they are.

Am I making any sense?

The healer should protect LZM while staying anonymous. If we say that there are 3 Mafia they have a 1 in 11 chance of randomly killing the healer.

And if you doubt me, ask LZM to check me out. I'm 100% unroled townie :)

Am I making sense?

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

alrighty guys, you all talk alot lol.

I viewed an innocent last night. If you all start a lynch on them, I will confirm my find.

According to the mod, I am now at 95% chance of f inding a ghost. I dont know if that means my reading will be wrong, or if I wont get a ready at all. Pete, can you confirm one or the other?

I was suspicious of Wolfie, but, well................

For now, I will go with a gut feeling (nothing concrete here) on [glow=white,2,300]Lily[/glow]

works for me, Zep.  Don't let them hang me, if it was me you viewed  ;D

Pandy, i see the logic in what you're saying, but i don't think that Zep needs to paint a target on any of us for the mafia.  For the mafia, a confirmed innocent will become a liability to them.  I know i said before that it wouldn't make much of a difference, but with more thought, and with being awake now, it would probably be safer just to keep our innocent ally anonymous.  The more of us alive, the better.

hmmm...Lily...she was very strong about Zep not revealing what he found out...perhaps afraid of being exposed?  and ever since day 1 when we all voted for Zep, she hasn't voted for anyone, really.  Is she avoiding voting to avoid pinging anyone's radar?  hmmm...

i think i'll go with our finder on this one.  [glow=white,2,300]Lily[/glow]

• Club Leader

CJ, I don't know where you get that from. I just told him I'd trust his judgement with what he thought was best to do.

Rey, you keep saying that if we try to lynch the person he viewed, he can always tell us at that time. That's great, if he's alive. But what if he dies first? Could happen.

And this is why I told Zep to follow his own instincts. I have mixed feelings, CJ.

• Club Leader

I don't mean that, Rey. I mean if he is nked tonight and we try to lynch them tomorrow. Or whatever. It could happen. There's no guarantee the healer will protect him. Stuff happens that we regret all the time in mafia games. Just saying....

We have to trust our finder to make good decisions. That's all.

I viewed an innocent last night. If you all start a lynch on them, I will confirm my find.

According to the mod, I am now at 95% chance of f inding a ghost. I dont know if that means my reading will be wrong, or if I wont get a ready at all. Pete, can you confirm one or the other?

For now, I will go with a gut feeling (nothing concrete here) on [glow=white,2,300]Lily[/glow]

Pandy, i see the logic in what you're saying, but i don't think that Zep needs to paint a target on any of us for the mafia.  For the mafia, a confirmed innocent will become a liability to them.  I know i said before that it wouldn't make much of a difference, but with more thought, and with being awake now, it would probably be safer just to keep our innocent ally anonymous.  The more of us alive, the better.

hmmm...Lily...she was very strong about Zep not revealing what he found out...perhaps afraid of being exposed?  and ever since day 1 when we all voted for Zep, she hasn't voted for anyone, really.  Is she avoiding voting to avoid pinging anyone's radar?  hmmm...

I didn't get that from Lily. And aren't you also now saying he shouldn't reveal? If she were mafia, and Zep found that out (which we know he didn't), her telling him not to reveal her wouldn't do her any good. He would anyway. And Lily's a smart player, so she would realize that. Not saying she couldn't be mafia, but her saying Zep shouldn't reveal doesn't make sense as a reason she could be, to me.

I haven't voted for anyone either. A lot of people haven't voted for anyone since day 1. Personally, I like to be more sure of someone before I vote for them.

Well, Lily's not a bad vote, since we know she's not the confirmed innocent.

Sorry for the wall of text here, folks:

Ok. LZM knows a confirmed innocent (or the godfather). Why the hell should he reveal?

I've tried to say this so many times, I think I've given up on explaining it any more.

I think he should only reveal if we are lynching that person. Otherwise according to your own logic panda, that confirmed innocent is a target for the Mafia.

Yes, but I've covered this already. Read what I've written already.

I don't really know why, as I understand that the Mafia already know the innocents...

True, but the town don't know the innocents! That's the whole point!

...but if you say so then fine. It then doesn't make sense to reveal. If he told you the innocent what would you gain? If you're a townie it gains you nothing. If you claim it allows you to be certain who's on your team, then the same result can be achieved by LZM telling you if you're about to lynch them, WITHOUT letting the Mafia know who they are.

What about my point about giving the healer a better chance of preventing a nightkill?

The healer should protect LZM while staying anonymous. If we say that there are 3 Mafia they have a 1 in 11 chance of randomly killing the healer.

And if you doubt me, ask LZM to check me out. I'm 100% unroled townie :)

*facepalm*

So the mafia really have a 1 in 10 chance of randomly killing the healer, is that what you're saying? You should never claim unnecessarily.

Also, I'll repeat my point about the healer: if the confirmed innocent is revealed, then mafia will either go for them or LZM. They'll have to. The healer will likewise either go for them or LZM.

If you want probabilities, there's a .5 chance of LZM being targeted by the mafia, and a .5 chance of the CI being targeted. There's the same probability of the healer targeting each, making for a .25 chance of both targeting the same person. This makes a .5 chance of there not being a nightkill tonight, by my reasoning - am I correct?

Whereas otherwise, healer can choose to protect LZM or any one of the rest of us in this game, which makes for a nearly hopeless task if one is to prevent the nightkill.

Also, finally: we need to get more votes on the table. Not voting allows people to slip by without putting their opinions down, and this is bad. In endgame, how can we look back and see if a person has voted for town or scum if they haven't voted at all?

• Club Leader

I think I've been pretty free with my opinions. I dislike changing my vote, so I prefer to wait to actually cast a vote. I'm still at the "stir the pot and see what comes up" stage of the day. I'm fairly sure I know who I'd like to vote for, but I hate to say "I have a gut feeling." I'd rather have something else to say.

• Club Leader

I changed my mind after all. I'm going to try a different approach and see what happens, rather than keeping my thougths "close to the vest," as I'm prone to do.

Eh, mafia probably went for LZM, and so did the healer. That sort of thing happens all the time.

Okay, LZM. Who did you investigate last night? There's no reason to keep your result secret if it's mafia, and even if townie it's better that we know, rather than you taking the secret with you to the grave if you die tonight.

I'm hoping you investigated Wolfie ;)

This was the first post to ping my radar, and it pinged loudly. Very loudly. A lot has been said since, but ultimately, if someone wants to know who was found innocent as soon as morning comes, that says mafia to me. In my experience, people let the finder do their thing without interference.

Also, Wolfie was the Roleblocker. I'm betting she blocked Pandy. She was certainly sure he was mafia at the end of the day. If Pandy tried to nk someone, he would not have gone for Zep. He's too smart. I think he tried for someone else and Wolfie blocked him.

[glow=white,2,300]Vote Pandy[/glow]

Lily are you trying to make up for Wolfie not being able to post? *giggle*

Okay, there are a few of you who are pinging my radar at this point. The loudest is Pandy. You seem determined for us all to see things your exact way and when we don't you explain it again and again.

LZM you are the finder and no one should tell you how to do your job. You play it the way you feel is best. I do hope you survive to view more people.

[glow=white,2,300]Cosmic Panda[/glow]

I didn't get that from Lily. And aren't you also now saying he shouldn't reveal? If she were mafia, and Zep found that out (which we know he didn't), her telling him not to reveal her wouldn't do her any good. He would anyway. And Lily's a smart player, so she would realize that. Not saying she couldn't be mafia, but her saying Zep shouldn't reveal doesn't make sense as a reason she could be, to me.

I haven't voted for anyone either. A lot of people haven't voted for anyone since day 1. Personally, I like to be more sure of someone before I vote for them.

hm. yes, i see your point.  it WOULD be pretty pointless of Lily to try and avoid Zep tattling on her if he saw her as scum.  either way, her being so strong about him NOT revealing kinda makes me think...and i know she eventually changed how she was saying it, but that was after awhile where she could've had time to think about how she was coming off.  Still, it's probably not enough to hang her on.  as proven by her daughter, people get emotional  ;)

unvote [glow=black,2,300]Lily[/glow]

all this ghost scare has me jumping at shadows...but i'm still going to keep my eye on her, it would be ridiculous not to.

Lily are you trying to make up for Wolfie not being able to post? *giggle*

Okay, there are a few of you who are pinging my radar at this point. The loudest is Pandy. You seem determined for us all to see things your exact way and when we don't you explain it again and again.

LZM you are the finder and no one should tell you how to do your job. You play it the way you feel is best. I do hope you survive to view more people.

[glow=white,2,300]Cosmic Panda[/glow]

Pandy, you're pinging me a lot too...so what if we don't agree with your point of view?  Is it really that important to you that everyone agrees with your point of view?  You were totally NOT being voted on until now, and you were still beating your point into people's heads.  That's getting me like crazy here...so [glow=white,2,300]Pandy[/glow]. 

sorry for the multiple posts here, folks...

Well, Lily's not a bad vote, since we know she's not the confirmed innocent.

by that logic, ANYONE is a good vote.  i agree, but i didn't have enough concrete evidence to lead a lynch on Lily.  It was just me being suspicious, and a little bit of n00bism thrown in there too.  Do you just want Lily dead for some reason, which would make you want to push a vote in her favor?  or are you just okay with ANYONE but you being voted for?  either way, you're looking WAAAAY scummy here. 

Pandy, you're pinging me a lot too...so what if we don't agree with your point of view?  Is it really that important to you that everyone agrees with your point of view?  You were totally NOT being voted on until now, and you were still beating your point into people's heads.  That's getting me like crazy here...so [glow=white,2,300]Pandy[/glow]. 

That's because the point I'm making is the right one! It amazes me that people in their first game think they know better than me - I'm not one to play the 'I know more than you card' but, truth be told, I do have a fair amount of experience under my belt. I've been playing online mafia for years and I know how it works. (I hate playing on the WT boards. It always ends this way)

Okay, that's my tantrum done. CJ, Min and Lily look as suspicious as all heck to me folks. When I'm gone, lynch them.  ;D

I have to say, that as a fairly experienced player myself, that pandy is making sense here.

For the finder to reveal the an innocent does not hurt as bgad as the finder dying and leaving town with no information.

but in the interest of actually getting a lynch tonight, I might vote for pandy. need to check OP real quick

okay, deadline is in 23 hours, and with tomorrow being a weekend, I might not be on much.

So, as i said earlier, in the interest of a lynch, because if we don't have a lynch, it will be disasterous, I am [glow=black,2,300]Unvote Lily[/glow], and voting [glow=white,2,300]Pandy[/glow]. Hate to do it, as he is not hitting me as scum, but we need a lynch. Lily and Minuet, however, are hittimg my scumdar, and I am known to have a fair gut in this regard. Again, sorry Pandy, but, you know the drill, we need a lynch..........

I have to say I don't agree with this at all. Lily is stricking me as scum from most of her posts. She even switched her stagies.

I will not be voting for Pandy yet.

Unvote: [glow=Black,2,300]Rayoru[/glow]

Vote: [glow=white,2,300]Lily[/glow]

Archived