DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Haunted House Mafia Mafia Win CONGRATS LILY, COSMICPANDA, CJ, WAYWARD, AND JADE

Guest dragonsworn1991

If it was a Townie you investigated please keep that a secret. We don't need a bulls eye painted on any of us ghost hunters. The healer can only protect one person at a time. Only reveal if it is a ghost.

Pandy you suggesting a reveal no matter what stinks of mafia.

Why?

The town can only be hurt if LZM doesn't tell us who's innocent. If he does, then the mafia face a choice between killing the confirmed innocent and killing LZM - and they will have to outguess the healer, who seems to be right on the money so far. And if the mafia get it right, so what? We either have a confirmed innocent tomorrow or a cop, and both are valuable. Frankly, town got off lightly tonight considering the circumstances.

On the other hand, asking LZM not to tell us if he has an innocent means that the town might lynch them accidentally - and if he dies, what happens then? His being a cop is useless in both cases!

So. Wolfie and Minuet, and to some extent, Lily, seem to be working together on this one. Who should I vote for? I will wait on LZM for a bit longer.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We aren't working together. Just agreeing, but i do see your point Panda. I also see hers, and if someone turns out to have a special role the mafia would go after them because for the moment LZM is protected. Bad idea all together if I didn't know Dragon i would be ok with you risking that. LZM, do the town a favor and only tell us if you find a mafia member.

• Club Leader

Just because someone thinks similarly to someone doesn't mean they are working together, Pandy. You're experienced enough to know that. From a newbie, I might think that kind of statement is reasonable. I'm wondering why you would come up with it.

I haven't made up my mind about anything yet. Thankfully, I'm not a finder, and don't have to figure out who to look at each night like poor Zep does. All I have to do is vote once a day, and when I'm this in the dark, I'll wait and see who votes for whom and why before I cast mine.

My sister and I tend to think alike. That happens when you're related. My daughter and I think even more alike. However, one or both of them could be mafia, so I'm keeping one eye on them at this point. Personally, I think one of them may be. What are the odds of the whole family being on the same side? And the odds of us all being mafia? Really? Okay, so you didn't actually come out and say that part. But I think you may have implied it.

Ok, time to throw my two "cents" (American allusion  ;D):

There's one possibility that hasn't been mentioned and that is the mafia also have a limited number of NKs. If this were the case then they didn't want to waste their hit, as they themselves are unsure if LZM is finder or not. Either that, or they also have some other kind of limiting factor on their NKs - (either that or they're stupid, but I don't think so). But as LZM on our side has limited usage of Finding, then it would make sense to balance that with a limited number of NKs on mafia side.

I think that this business of "Bullseyes on people's heads" isn't a well thought out concept. Think about it: the mafia already know who they are, and thus they also know who is townie. They already KNOW. To them, its a certainity that the one they choose to kill will be a townie. They just need to pick the most effective one to kill, i.e. a roled player, and the only person who has claimed they're roled is LZM. If anyone has a bullseye on their head (for simply their role, don't forget that they could simply kill off a player who has realised what they're up to) is LZM. If LZM reveals the person who is an innocent, it won't make any odds on their chances of survivial - they already know whether that person is mafia or a townie. If LZM reveals the person who comes up as mafia, then we lynch them.

So either way, the mafia gain no advantage.

So LZM, tell us what you've got.

[And Minuet thanks, I really want to get into med school as well. And Lily, I won't be staying in the UK all my life - if just to escape the taxes lol. 50% income tax for the highest band. 50%!!!!! MENTAL)

• Club Leader

Rey, you have a good head on your shoulders. Much of that made a lot of sense. Are you sure this is your first game?  ;D (Compliment there, if you missed it.) For some reason I don't quite understand, killing a confirmed innocent is something mafia do. There are advantages and disadvantages to Zep revealing what he learned. One big advantage is that this is the only person who he will get 100% accuracy on. It is 100% the first night, isn't it, Zep? That part wasn't clear, and I hate to assume.

If Zep has limits, the mafia having limits too could very well be. Interesting thought there. That would balance the game better. (Balance is something I think about in games, being that I'm in the process of writing one right now, which I obviously want balanced.)

Thank you Lily  :)

I'm pretty sure the balance thing is in effect, it makes sense.

We need to LZM to clarify on his finder capabilities. Does it decrease the accuracy, or the frequency (number of times) that he can check someone out?

Just gotta wait.

Rey, you have a good head on your shoulders. Much of that made a lot of sense. Are you sure this is your first game?  ;D (Compliment there, if you missed it.) For some reason I don't quite understand, killing a confirmed innocent is something mafia do. There are advantages and disadvantages to Zep revealing what he learned. One big advantage is that this is the only person who he will get 100% accuracy on. It is 100% the first night, isn't it, Zep? That part wasn't clear, and I hate to assume.

If Zep has limits, the mafia having limits too could very well be. Interesting thought there. That would balance the game better. (Balance is something I think about in games, being that I'm in the process of writing one right now, which I obviously want balanced.)

Okay, the fact that you three are related might explain why you seem to hang together so. I had forgotten that you and Min were sisters.

My advice is not to rely on that bond, since in mafia, nobody can trust anyone. You've said this yourself, Lily.

The reason that mafia like to kill confirmed innocents is that the town will never lynch the confirmed innocent (unless it's one of Far's games). Since the town will never lynch them, the mafia really have to get rid of them through other means. A confirmed innocent in endgame, for example, when there's three people left - one confirmed innocent, one townie, one mafia - swings things very much in favour of the town.

Cops usually don't get roles (cop, doc, etc), just alignments (town, scum, etc). So there's really no point to LZM not telling us.

I just thought of another reason - if last night was his only accurate reading, then of course he has to tell us now. We can't trust any of his later readings as much as we can this one.

LZM! We're waiting on you, bud!

• Club Leader

Zep, if there is a good reason for you not to want to answer my questions about your accuracy in more detail, that's okay. I realized when I reread my post just now that I sounded demanding. You are the finder. You do what you think is best. When I was finder, I wasn't accosted with all these demands. It's not fair to do it to you. Answer what you feel comfortable with, and I for one, will understand if you don't want to spill your guts. You know I didn't spill much in that other game, and we won. No pressure, just find the ghosties....lol.

Pandy, trust me, I'm not relying on the family bond. Either or both of them could be ghosties. The odds are against both, but still.... Min and I have no trouble throwing each other under the bus if we get a vibe, and Wolfie will learn quickly - trial by fire and all that. ;)

Thanks for explaining about the confirmed innocent thing. I'm still learning. Isn't it also because they would rather we all not know who to trust? To keep the town confused? Or something like that. I'd love to know more about what you said about Far's games, but some other time, I guess...

I'm getting really sleepy. I hope I'm still making sense...

Panda, I smell a contradiction. First off you say:

The reason that mafia like to kill confirmed innocents is that the town will never lynch the confirmed innocent (unless it's one of Far's games). Since the town will never lynch them, the mafia really have to get rid of them through other means. A confirmed innocent in endgame, for example, when there's three people left - one confirmed innocent, one townie, one mafia - swings things very much in favour of the town.

And then you proceed:

So there's really no point to LZM not telling us.

That makes no sense at all. First you say that mafia get rid of confirmed innocents, then you say that there is no point to LZM not telling us. Are you trying to expose a confirmed innocent so that you can NK them? Is that the reason there were no previous NKs, that you tried and failed to kill someone off?

Scum.

[glow=white,2,300]Cosmicpanda[/glow]

i THINK pandy meant that if Zep tells us, that's one less person we can be suspicious of, and since there's more important roles out there, the mafia wouldn't necessarily take them out right away either.  i mean, the mafia KNOWS who's innocent, so it's not news to them who's innocent and who's not.  it could only help, in my opinion, for Zep to tell.  if Zep reveals, it makes it harder on the mafia, cause that's one less person for the us townies to get suspicious of and lynch.  I say let Zep reveal, but i suppose that's up to him  :)

Something is still amiss though. According to panda and Lily, the mafia go after confirmed innocents. Therefore, it would be a dumb thing to do, revealing whos innocent. I trust LZM to make a decision on his own, and share only if he finds mafia, and feels safe doing it.

Guest dragonsworn1991

Everyone in the house had found something amiss in one of the rooms. The leader of the ghost hunters had instructed no one to go in, but someone did not listen. Out of the corner of someone's eye they saw Wolfie walk into the room. "There must be ghosts in here, they just have to be here." and those where here last words. She walked rite into a trap, and there she lay, the first victim of the haunted house.

Wolfie the ghost hunter with the cross and bible has been modkilled. (The innocent roleblocker)

[glow=blue,2,300]BREAKING THE RULES WILL GET YOU DEAD EVERYTIME[/glow]

Deadline is Tomorrow at 10pm EST

I have to say, Rey, that you are hitting my radar. That you have both voted before LZM has come on to say anything makes me wonder about you both.

Are you in a hurry because you are worried about what he has to say?

Well I did have Wolfie in with Rey but that has changed. 

Something is still amiss though. According to panda and Lily, the mafia go after confirmed innocents. Therefore, it would be a dumb thing to do, revealing whos innocent. I trust LZM to make a decision on his own, and share only if he finds mafia, and feels safe doing it.

See, I still don't quite get this. Maybe I'm missing something, I don't know. I get that mafia go after confirmed innocents, but, well, even if they didn't get a confirmed innocent, wouldn't they just go after another innocent anyway? What difference does it make?

Anyhow, I don't think Zep needs to reveal anyway, if he got an innocent, just because there's not much point, right now. I suppose if we started lynching his confirmed innocent, maybe then he should reveal. But it's up to him, I guess.

alrighty guys, you all talk alot lol.

I viewed an innocent last night. If you all start a lynch on them, I will confirm my find.

According to the mod, I am now at 95% chance of f inding a ghost. I dont know if that means my reading will be wrong, or if I wont get a ready at all. Pete, can you confirm one or the other?

I was suspicious of Wolfie, but, well................

For now, I will go with a gut feeling (nothing concrete here) on [glow=white,2,300]Lily[/glow]

I can't believe I'm being called scummy for wanting the cop to give results!

Panda, I smell a contradiction. First off you say:

And then you proceed:

So there's really no point to LZM not telling us.

That makes no sense at all. First you say that mafia get rid of confirmed innocents, then you say that there is no point to LZM not telling us. Are you trying to expose a confirmed innocent so that you can NK them? Is that the reason there were no previous NKs, that you tried and failed to kill someone off?

Scum.

[glow=white,2,300]Cosmicpanda[/glow]

That's no contradiction. Mafia also get rid of confirmed cops. And LZM is a confirmed cop! By his not telling us his results, he's effectively not a cop at all.

And if the mafia do go for the confirmed innocent, that's not such a bad thing, since LZM will still be alive. If they go for LZM, then that's not such a bad thing, since the confirmed innocent will still be alive.

Can't you see that if LZM dies without telling us his results, he'll take his knowledge of who's scum and who's not to the grave? We need that info!

If LZM wasn't as exposed as he is, I wouldn't be saying this. But you have to make the most of what you've got.

I suppose it's possible for the healer to protect LZM each night. That's playable too, but not as good since it doesn't make mafia sweat as much. And it only means that the mafia will be trying to nightkill the healer instead, by killing at random. By giving them two targets that they must get rid of, there's a better chance of the healer preventing the nightkill again.

That's exactly what I mean alanna. I don't know why, allegedly, "Mafia go after confirmed innocents" as panda claimed, but whether it is true or not is directly self contradicted (see my post before last, not counting the repeat).

What about my explanation for why mafia kill confirmed innocents do you disagree with?

So, for bad logic, which is a classic scumtell: [glow=white,2,300]Reyoru[/glow]

See, I still don't quite get this. Maybe I'm missing something, I don't know. I get that mafia go after confirmed innocents, but, well, even if they didn't get a confirmed innocent, wouldn't they just go after another innocent anyway? What difference does it make?

Three big differences:

- Town can trust a confirmed innocent; they cannot trust anybody else.

- Town will never lynch a confirmed innocent by accident.

- Confirmed innocents narrow down the field of who could be scum and who isn't - unconfirmed innocents do not.

• Club Leader

Led, I hope your gut feelings are working better when it comes time to view someone than when it's time to vote  :P

Pete, couple of questions, please....

Does Wolfie's vote count or not count?

How many do we need to lynch? Does her death change that or not?

This is the sort of thing I like to see. Who votes for who and why.  :) I'll vote once I get my thoughts together and can give a concise reason.

Archived