• FDM
    • Cosmicpanda
    • Mightelove
    • Canukistani
    • Alaksuleiel
    • Gerr
    • Rox
    • Pol

After some thought I'll still have to say Perrin the Wolf King.

I like that fact that he is admired and respected by a wide range of people and he, in turn, shows admiration and respect for a wide range of people.

He was my favorite since Shadow Rising, but even in the earlier books, he always stood out. His kinship with Elyas and Gaul, to his impressing Tylee Khirgan of the Seanchan. There's a good reason why Berelain went after him, and even now after rejecting her intimate advances, she respects him and trusts him deeply. Even a dry man like Balwer is impressed by Perrin. The ultimate compliment is Tam al'Thor regarding Perrin as his leader. Even the wolves seem to like him.

He has a honest set of values and trusts his feelings to guide him. He doesn't shut them off like Rand and he doesn't hide behind a curtain of denial as Mat sometimes does. He follows his instincts and commits to them. Instinct and feeling told him to stand up and avenge Hopper, gaining him the respect of the wolves. Instinct and feeling led him to free Gaul, because he knew imprisoning him was wrong, thus gaining the respect of the aiel. Instinct and loyalty brought back to the Two Rivers, and just in time to save his people. His sense of loyalty and honor made him the spearhead to rescue Rand at Dumai's Wells. His deep feelings of love and obligation to his wive brought him to crush the Shaido and the Prophet's mob ruthlessly, and even his enemies, the Seanchan had to respect him for it.

People give too much grief over the immersive love given to his wife. I think that's rather harsh and judgemental. To risk all for those he loves the most...that is noble, and it makes him the noblest of the three heroes. He deviated from Rand's plan without actually going against him, and he actually accomplished more than what he was expected to...That's just...

He does what he does according to his feelings and to help those he loves. That's truly noble. He's my favorite character.

Btw i voted for Vanin, but if he WASN'T a character I woulda voted for Perrin too.

He's kinda quiet and strong and I'm quiet...so I'm sorta like him eh? But since Vanin is the coolest EVER I went with him.

(I think he might've been a little scared of Elayne btw, Mat, seeing as he was a horse-thief which is slightly illegal)

I think Mat utterly ROCKS!

He has what must be the coolest spear ever, cool memories of past lives (although he may not like it), has one of the most useful ter'angreal(sp?) in the story...oh and he's stuck with the most annoying company. Now don't get me wrong, I think Tuon's funny and all, but Mat has to deal with her(until KoD), Ms Anan, Selucia, the 3 AS, etc.

Besides...hes funny...

This is so hard. So excrutiatingly hard. I finally picked Other, because as much as I LOVE Mat, he did seem to be getting all the votes, and there are other characters out there who deserve some lovin' too.

So my "Other" is Tuon. I just think she's so firey and cute. One of my all time favorite parts is here saying the vows to Mat, it makes me laugh and cry probably more then any other scene. Her PoVs haven't been very many, but she has a very interesting way of thinking, and I love how she thinks of Mat as Toy, it's not just an insult, it's just what he is. I love it. And I love how she always baratts Mat for believing in Trollocs and Aelfinn and Eelfinn, yet she herself believes in signs which make no sense. She's just so totally cool, and cute. I love when she's fraustrated with the Aes Sedai so she just ignores them. Yeah, she rocks the house.

NYNAEVE!!!

I LOVE Nyn!!! I'm an 18 year old guy in Texas, and I started crying when she broke her block! She's so awesome, I love when she says stuff about "fool men" that's true about herself. Anyway, yeah, she's my other

There're two (or three) characters I really like:

- Perrin: one of the few people who stay themselves as much as they can and acts like it.

- Thom: intelligable grandfather with lots of secrets.

- Graendal: does all she wants to do, enslaves and kills everyone she wants to; she just has a way of handling everything I have to admire (for a Forsaken)

i choose moiraine because she was the best person i have known throughout the series, true she was slightly manipulative at times, but she saved Rand, thereby saving the world, countless times,and all she ever did was guide people to their destinies. it just seemed to me that when she died, it couldnt be true, because withouth moiraine to guide all the Emond fielders, they would all eventually fail. i am on the ninth book now, yet i still refuse to believe that moiraine is dead. to me, she was the most important character, aside from Rand and the dark one, and i like her the most. she was just so pure and strong.

I can't decide! :? I really love Perrin, and have consistantly up to this point...I'm only up to chapter 5 of the crown of swords... But I also like Suian and Lan and... I could go on all day...

If you held me down, and poked me with a hot iron, I would say Perrin. (But that Loial is the tops too!) :lol:

Wow, Im feeling a little depressed that I was the only one to vote for any of the dragon's trio.

Aviandha is my definate fav. She kiks ass Aiel style, and I bet she's the only one in the world who could stop chuck norris...

Archived