DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Blue Ajah's Harry Potter Week July 12-18!

Come One, Come All . . . to the Blue Ajah's takeover of the White Tower for Harry Potter Week!

The Annual Harry Potter Week, organized by the Blue Ajah is being held July 12-18 to coincide with the release of the Half Blood Prince in theaters (July 15).  Events lined up for HP Week are a word scramble put together by Blue Accepted el Nyn, and an HP Scavenger Hunt.

[glow=blue,2,300]For aspies that are looking for community building projects, I have a couple of opportunities! [/glow]

Opportunity #1: If you love Harry Potter and want to help organize the Scavenger Hunt event, PM me with your application! 

Opportunity #2: Do you like making siggies?  I am also looking for one or two volunteers to develop a minimum of 4 "stock" siggies (each) to be used by interested parties during HP week.  We need these siggies as soon as possible since they will also help advertise our event.  Please PM me (Daruya) with your submission (or with questions) or even post on the Blue Ajah board (I recommend naming the thread "HP Week siggie submissions" or something along those lines).  In honor of the HBP coming out the same week, I ask that the siggies bear a theme that relates to the HBP, or at least not be noticeably from the previous movies. ;D

Also, if you have any ideas for an HP Week event, PM me and we'll discuss it. If it's feasible and Lor gives the nod, we'll see about getting it to count toward community building if you organize and run it.

Let the countdown begin . . . :D

5 4 3 2 1 *steals Daruya and runs* YAY!!! I got her!!! *licks the living cadavers outta' the Head Blueberrie!*  :-*

I'm excited! Whatya' got in ya' pocketses??? *checks Dar's bodice* ;D

Really looking forward to it. :D

Can't wait for HP week, it's gonna be so much fun! ;D

Just a little note on how the word scramble is going to work:

This game is a bit of cross between a word scramble and

a word search! Throughout the week I will be posting

the letters of words in the Ajah boards only and it will be your job

to find all the letters, unscramble them and submit them

to me (el Nyn). The person with the most correct at the end

of the week is the winner. The words will of course be Hary Potter related

and each word will have a specific colour associated with it. The word scramble will

start on the 12th and run till 18th. All submissions must be

PM'd to me by the end of the week 5:00 pm BST in order to count.

I will of course post a more specific sets of rules in it's own thread the day before. :)

Well, just kick RL in the rear and stay here with us!  ;D  (I'm a fine one to talk as I creep off to bed to nurse a migraine)

*bounces up and down*

I'm Sooooooooo excited!!!!!!!

can't waite going to see the movie net thursday can't go on the wendsday cuz i'll have no money!!!!!!

HARRYPOTTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder what you all will do once all the movies are done with? Celebrate his birthday every year? Hmmmm.... *Snuggles the Blues and other Harry Potter fans.* I wish there were more books coming out. I so love Harry and his friends.

We’ll probably still do something, Min, even after all the movies are done.  Actually, scheduling HP Week each year on/around July 31 might not be a bad idea.  We can sort HP Week participants into houses again and hold a House Cup competition.  We can even have an HP mafia game where Death Eaters are mafia (separate from the House Cup, of course) -- that would be a neat twist on the mafia game!  I’ll definitely look at pulling in more HP fan(atics) for future HP week activities; as it’s an org-wide event it only makes sense bring in enthusiasm and expertise from all the Ajahs and Discs.  ;D

And now . . .  a movie teaser . . . !

normal_HP6-TRL3A-0062.jpg

Here are the announcement/Event siggies!  Feel free to snag one and use it in honor of HP Week, which starts tomorrow.

From Mirshann:

HBP_Bellatrix_texted.jpg

HBP_Draco_texted.jpg

HBP_Dumbledore_texted.jpg

HBP_HarryDumbledore_texted.jpg

HBP_Snape_texted.jpg

HBP_TomRiddle_texted.jpg

From DSage:

HPWeekSig-DSage01.jpg

HPWeekSig-DSage02.jpg  (Bes is going to go nuts over this one!)

[glow=blue,2,300]

I'd like to get the following siggies rotated for my use, if someone would be so kind to do that for me![/glow]

HPWeekSig-DSage01.jpg

HBP_Dumbledore_texted.jpg

HPWeekSig-DSage02.jpg

HBP_HarryDumbledore_texted.jpg

Yay, I'm so excited for this! The movie and HP Week, I mean ;D I think it would be awesome to continue to do this every year, even after all the movies are done with.

And great job on the siggies, they're all so awesome! I can't decide which one to use.

Archived