DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Explaining WoT to a non-reader

Kura

Whats funny is, actually last night I was hanging out with my cousin who is 23 years old and he's never really read an entire book outside of required material from high school. Anyways we got to talking about how he wished he could acutally enjoy reading and I basically tried to sell him WoT by saying "The main character's name is Rand Al'Thor right? Well he's this guy called the Dragon Reborn like this hero from back in the day, and so now he has to fight pretty much like the devil and he can do sh*t that a Jedi master couldn't do. Plus he gets to sleep with three fine chicks, and they're all okay with it and then some".....I'm not saying i'm proud of it lol, but thats just what came to me in the moment lol.

This is how it was explained to me. My friend holds up Eye of the World and says "you should read this"

Im like, "What the hell, it looks like a phone book. That thing is scarry long" (They are huge books arent they, if only they could be twice as long)

He says "Just read it, you will like it"

I did, he was right, its that easy. Although my wife would only read EoTW and none of the others. She said they were too long and too many characters to follow. She is of course SOOOO WRONG.

Archived