DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Gray Ajah Event: What are you thankful for?

EirikDaude

It's that time of year again! People are meeting up to celebrate with their loved ones, and the stores put their stuff on sale. The cornucopias are overflowing, and the harvest is in!

Well, that was what happened back in the old days, the farmers were celebrating the end of the harvest, and through the years that has blended with local customs and turned into the Thanksgiving celebration we know today.

This is of course a time we are thankful for having enough to eat, but I feel Thanksgiving is also a good opportunity to reflect on what else we are thankful for in our lives. So that is what this thread is all about: thinking back on the last year, let all of us here on Dragonmount know what you are thankful for!

To start off; I am thankful for all the wonderful people I've met here on this board. I was just popping by to try to get some insights into the books, but upon discovering the community organizations I also got to meet such a welcoming crowd! Moving off the internet, I am also very grateful for having gotten engaged to a wonderful woman this year. I know none of you have any idea who she might be, but that really is the highlight of the year for me.

I'm so thankful that the both of you are here, and happy!

I'm also thankful to Cross, who's kept the WT/W going when I was going through a very difficult time, along with Ryrin, Lily and DJ.

I'm thankful for Delenn returning, and Cairos as well.

I'm thankful for the joy our new aspies, Heavy and Eirik, are bringing to these boards.

I'm thankful for my husband and of course the WT. I'm thankful for the people that i met on DM. I'm thankful for the sisters that have been on DM since my time and also for the new ones like Heavy and Eirik! 

This year I am really thankful for my partner, my chosen family, and for DM. I am especially thankful for my Sourva Sisters, Elgee and Kara who have proven to me again how powerful the connections we build are! And for Moose, my Wolfkin~Warder 🐺 out in the wilds! :laugh:

I am particularly thankful for all of those who held the place together through the years, so that when my life allowed I could return here. Mother and her team, and to Rhea especially who represented the Whites on her own for many years, I would express my gratitude for keeping the lights on, no matter what. So many have come and gone through these Halls, only to return later and say it was like coming home, so that is thanks to all of you. :aessedai:

I am also grateful for the new people who have joined! Without them the Tower couldn't continue. So the poor tortured aspies, one on each path, are so valued! These threads are lovely, and so I am grateful for those as well! 

And to those interested people who are looking in, I am grateful for you too! 🤍:laugh:

Edited by Delenn

• RP - PLAYER

I am grateful for lights at the end of tunnels.

And of course for DM, for introducing me to all you wonderful people that somehow put up with my antics, almost as if I was normal 🙂 I have a deep gratitude to you all (I couldn't possibly single anyone out, it really is for you all and then I would have to name you all and I would forget someone because I'm awful with names and then I would feel really bad and I would have to make another post, but then that would make it sound like I was trying too hard and actually I secretly did not like that person and then I would have to make another post explaining that no honestly I really did forget and then that would sound even worse so I would have to delete my account and hide in a cave.... Too much explanation?) for being so kind and welcoming and non-judgmental. This really is like a new home for me.

I am thankful for having a healthy family who I love with all my heart. I am thankful that I have a good job that is fulfilling and rewarding. I am thankful for my friends and the support that I receive, and know that I can lean on them when times get tough. And I am thankful for you!

• RP - LEGACY

I am thankful for my family, my job, my friends. I am thankful for DM and all the lovely folks who bring it to life. A special thank you to Lily and Ryrin who have truly been my Green sisters and have encouraged me through hard times and helped me to grow stronger through the battle.

There are so many people to thank for a kind word or a laugh or a thought provoking statement. You are all incredible people and I am blessed to know you.

• Club Leader

I am grateful for a wonderful family, a job that I love, the amazing man I am engaged to, and all the many, many blessings in my life. 

I am grateful that DM still exists. It feels almost like it did when I was a Novice. I'm grateful for old friends that I have known for a while, new friends who have come back and allowed me to frolic with them, and new friends who are brand new to DM. DM is the place I come to to relax and have fun. It's my second home, too. You all make it so special. Thank you!