DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

EW - First look at Season 2 (RELEASE DATE!)

Perrin and not Gaul.  Loial still only taller than humans by his hair.  Liking the Seanchan headgear.  If the pic of Egwene is at the White Tower - she is not in all white.  Moiraine's blue dress is the bomb!  Lan and Mandarb looking badass.  Josha looking good.

Missed my season premiere guess by 2 months.  Here's to hoping S2 is way better than S1!  Bring it...

• Community Administrator
7 minutes ago, DigificWriter said:

TVLine has an article out that lists the release date as Thursday, September 21st, so we need some official confirmation from Amazon.

Does that work for ya? lol

• Community Administrator
39 minutes ago, DojoToad said:

If the pic of Egwene is at the White Tower - she is not in all white. 

Definitely the tower. As for all white, are we sure that's not an apron of some sort? (Obviously the person behind her is wearing a completely different style apron)  
Egwene setting a table in the White Tower, dressed in novice white and a gray apron while Laras (?) cooks in the background

12 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

Definitely the tower. As for all white, are we sure that's not an apron of some sort? (Obviously the person behind her is wearing a completely different style apron)  
Egwene setting a table in the White Tower, dressed in novice white and a gray apron while Laras (?) cooks in the background

Considering everything they owned was white - I'm sure they could have found white aprons for them.

That's definitely an apron. It is the same color as the apron worn by the woman behind her in the kitchen. Aprons in a medieval-style kitchen would be impossible to keep white anyway (unless they channel the maidservants' laundry too) and it looks like they belong to/with the kitchen not the individual novices (which is also pretty normal for a kitchen).  Finally, it certainly hasn't been stained a specific color...it looks like it's just the raw material, which is as close to white as 'raw unbleached floursack' gets. 

I honestly can't bring myself to care whether the novice dresses are all white or not. Season 1 made it clear that they are willing to deviate substantially from Jordan's descriptions of things (which is not a big deal in my opinion). I also think it's an apron though. 

1 minute ago, Samt said:

Not sure why the color of Egwene's apron is so important when with have Ishamael openly walking around with the Seanchan blood.  But if we're nitpicking, I'd like to see Perin bulk up a bit.  He kind of looks scragly in that picture.  

That was the most interesting shot to me. But it makes sense.

Spoiler

Ishamael will be combined with Turak. The final fight (I'm guessing in the Stone of Tear) can then economize and pull in elements from Rand's duel with Turak, Rand's fight with "the Dark One" in the skies above Falme, and the battle in the Heart of the Stone leaving Rand being proclaimed as the Dragon and about to head into the Three Fold Land at the beginning of S3. 

The other interesting shot is Perrin and Avi together in what - to me - looks like Tear. Is Perrin just with Avi? Or are Ruarc, Gaul, Bain & Chiad also a part of Avi's group? 

20 minutes ago, Elder_Haman said:

Hide contents

Ishamael will be combined with Turak. The final fight (I'm guessing in the Stone of Tear) can then economize and pull in elements from Rand's duel with Turak, Rand's fight with "the Dark One" in the skies above Falme, and the battle in the Heart of the Stone leaving Rand being proclaimed as the Dragon and about to head into the Three Fold Land at the beginning of S3. 

The other interesting shot is Perrin and Avi together in what - to me - looks like Tear. Is Perrin just with Avi? Or are Ruarc, Gaul, Bain & Chiad also a part of Avi's group? 

Didn't realize that was Aviendha.  I had assumed it was Chiad or Bane.  

21 minutes ago, Elder_Haman said:

Hide contents

Turak has been cast

1 minute ago, Samt said:

Didn't realize that was Aviendha.  I had assumed it was Chiad or Bane.  

Have you seen the video where Bain&Chiad were revealed?

17 hours ago, WhiteVeils said:

That's definitely an apron. It is the same color as the apron worn by the woman behind her in the kitchen. Aprons in a medieval-style kitchen would be impossible to keep white anyway (unless they channel the maidservants' laundry too) and it looks like they belong to/with the kitchen not the individual novices (which is also pretty normal for a kitchen).  Finally, it certainly hasn't been stained a specific color...it looks like it's just the raw material, which is as close to white as 'raw unbleached floursack' gets. 

15 hours ago, DigificWriter said:

The grey piece is definitely separate from and worn over the white outfit Egwene has on, so it's most likely a protective garment (either an apron or an overalls-type coverall).

Of course it is an apron and is a separate piece from her main garment.  She is waiting table in the Tower.

My point was it wasn't white.  Novices were only allowed to wear white down to shoes, belt, and any other accessory.  Part of the discipline in the tower was novices being able to keep their gear white - or get it white again after dirty tasks such as scrubbing pots or cleaning hearths in the kitchens.

Curious as to the reason for the change in the show.  Overall, liking the first look.

53 minutes ago, WheelofJuke said:

You can tell when a tv series has too long a wait between seasons when the fan base starts arguing over aprons. 😉

nah. we're wheel of time fans. jordan created a world full of intricate details with a lot of easter eggs hidden within, and we liked it. we are the kind of people who would nitpick over aprons regardless.

4 hours ago, DojoToad said:

Curious as to the reason for the change in the show.  Overall, liking the first look.

I don't /know/ the reasons, but I can guess a few:
1) Visual interest: Just pure mono white is not very defining on the screen unless there's an important point to be made with it (see #2)
2) Contrast from Selene and Whitecloaks.  Especially Selene.  If Selene is there and going over the top white, then a less 'overthetop' white for novices makes the Selene 'BIG WHITE' stand out better as weird, which is what it should be.
3) Draws attention to the apron itself, which draws attention to the task.  We are supposed to understand very clearly from these images that Egwene is not 'just in the kitchen' casually.  She is washing, preparing food, and serving.  She is being treated as a servant in the White Tower.  It's a visual symbol of her status in the Tower.  With that image, no text, the apron, and Madden's expression, we can 'read' exactly what she is thinking -- "I came to the Tower to train in magic to help save the world, and I am here, working in the kitchen exactly the same as I was doing in my mother's inn."