DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

EW - First look at Season 2 (RELEASE DATE!)

Agree that whether or not Egwene wears all white or not or even polka dots isn't something I'm going to bother about. Ishamael being in that photo  and how Loial gets wrapped up with the Seachan as well are more interesting questions to me than that. (I haven't looked at the spoilers stated in this thread and don't want too)

Very excited for Sept 1 or Aug 31 and eager to see a full trailer and more cool photos etc in the months before the BIG day. 

1 hour ago, DojoToad said:

Too many episodes?

the episodes of season 1 are included in the list.

in fact, that's too few names - only 14, which would imply 6 episodes for season 2.

mind you, if they are 6 episodes 90 minutes long, we're still gaining. If, instead, those meddling executives decided to cut by 25% the already inadequate screen time, the quality of the show can only take a turn downward

5 minutes ago, king of nowhere said:

in fact, that's too few names - only 14, which would imply 6 episodes for season 2.

mind you, if they are 6 episodes 90 minutes long, we're still gaining. If, instead, those meddling executives decided to cut by 25% the already inadequate screen time, the quality of the show can only take a turn downward

Yikes!

1 hour ago, king of nowhere said:

8 episodes for season 2 and 3 are confirmed.  Season 4 and beyond are the ones at risk.

I cannot speak as to why this list is missing episodes but we don't fully know how they are catalogued aside from the date the scripts were submitted.

• Community Administrator
57 minutes ago, Skipp said:

I cannot speak as to why this list is missing episodes but we don't fully know how they are catalogued aside from the date the scripts were submitted.

Season 1, we didn't know the episode names of 7 & 8, until the day (or week) they aired.

So uhh, can we try not to freak out?

• Community Administrator
55 minutes ago, DojoToad said:

Who's freaking out?

You and King implying that 2 missing episode titles on that list are evidence that execs have cut the season down to 6 episodes. 😉 

59 minutes ago, Mailman said:

Just looking at the seachan photo is that a veil on the middle woman so could it be Tuon? 

On the Dusty Wheel livestream Sarah Nakamura wouldn't comment on people's guesses as to whom it wass but did say it was not Tuon. 

My assumption is Suroth and Fares Fares will be taking the place of Fain as Fain will be integrating himself with the Whitecloaks.

18 hours ago, king of nowhere said:

I've heard rumors that Amazon is transitioning to 6 episode seasons for many of its shows

Edited by mogi68

9 hours ago, Mailman said:

Just looking at the seachan photo is that a veil on the middle woman so could it be Tuon? 

Spoiler

No. Only two nails (also not the right skin color) - Sarah confirmed that it's not Tuon. It's definitely Suroth. Also - I think there's a strong chance (there's a theory circulating that I think is correct) that only Darkfriends can "see" Ishy - who regular viewers still think is the Dark One - he's still passing himself off as that. I also think it's correct that they have Rand sword fight Ishy as the very final scenes and I think Ishy will stab him and the S2 will end with Rand "dying" (check on my season predictions thread - shameless plug). 

My main comment on the First Look photos is that the costuming dept is doing the best job of anybody on this show so far. Special Effects and Writing team needs to step it up to their level. Though, in the past, I've been heavily critical of the writing team (I was so disappointed with the Finale that I left Dragonmount all together and stopped paying any attention to WoT stuff for almost a year). I have "come-around" in that I think there were a number of legit excuses for it being bad: Covid, Lead-Actor leaving, trying to tell massive story in 8 Season, 8 Episodes each. So - I now have hope that this Season can be better. If it can come even close to how good S1 Ep7 cold open was - it could be a really legit show. 

Edited by DreadLord31
thought of something else

8 hours ago, Skipp said:

On the Dusty Wheel livestream Sarah Nakamura wouldn't comment on people's guesses as to whom it wass but did say it was not Tuon. 

My assumption is Suroth and Fares Fares will be taking the place of Fain as Fain will be integrating himself with the Whitecloaks.

OK. I don't watch the DW it was more that the veil was such a big part of Tuons story early.

Here are my thoughts on the pictures:

The Seanchan on the left has half her head shaved; seems on point. I would hate to be Loial’s podiatrist. 

I am rooting for Dònal, but he has a challenge. I think Barney did such a good job. 

Moiraine’s outfits are generally pretty good. Interesting mesh undershirt. She is sporting the blue gem on the forehead.   I always pictured it worn lower, more centered vertically. 

Egwene is too clean working in the kitchen. Get some soot and grease on that girl!

Lab is Lan. I can’t say much else. 

Nyneave looks nervous about something. With that background could she be getting ready to step through some arches?

This picture of Rand gives me too much of an Episode III Anakin Skywalker vibe. 

Avienda is about to yeet a spear at someone. As someone else mentioned Perrin looks a little scrawny in this pic. Is that a Seanchan soldier in the background?  

Edited by Wassup

9 hours ago, DojoToad said:

Right.  I don't recall a veil being mentioned anywhere around Suroth.  Appears a change has been made.

yes. i suppose getting some actor to shave her head bald or to grow some fingernails to insane lenghts is going to be very expensive. and they may not even be noticed.
they kept the style of extreme sophistication and formality for the nobles, though, which is what matters. you see suroth, and you understand that this is a supremely classist society

On 5/27/2023 at 7:48 AM, DreadLord31 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

No. Only two nails (also not the right skin color) - Sarah confirmed that it's not Tuon. It's definitely Suroth. Also - I think there's a strong chance (there's a theory circulating that I think is correct) that only Darkfriends can "see" Ishy - who regular viewers still think is the Dark One - he's still passing himself off as that. I also think it's correct that they have Rand sword fight Ishy as the very final scenes and I think Ishy will stab him and the S2 will end with Rand "dying" (check on my season predictions thread - shameless plug). 

My main comment on the First Look photos is that the costuming dept is doing the best job of anybody on this show so far. Special Effects and Writing team needs to step it up to their level. Though, in the past, I've been heavily critical of the writing team (I was so disappointed with the Finale that I left Dragonmount all together and stopped paying any attention to WoT stuff for almost a year). I have "come-around" in that I think there were a number of legit excuses for it being bad: Covid, Lead-Actor leaving, trying to tell massive story in 8 Season, 8 Episodes each. So - I now have hope that this Season can be better. If it can come even close to how good S1 Ep7 cold open was - it could be a really legit show. 

I will take the fact that production has said it's not Tuon. It was purely the fact that she was wearing a veil and that was a large part of Tuons early story to ponder the possibility.

However the things like the look and the nails I would not use as evidence. The nails look like a prosthetic rather than natural nails that I think the books describe they are also extremely longer than I imagined I find it hard to imagine they would not effect Turak's sword handling if they are as long as that photo makes out.

It would also be possible to have had them change Tuons appearance from the books considering how much other stuff has been changed. Unlikely but possible.

Edited by Mailman