DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Season 2 Predictions

Guest Wolfbrother31

Rand wanders the Waste.  Runs into a pretty red haired girl and shacks up with her since he is now totally over Egwene. Nobody knows who he is but since he has red hair they're totally cool with him hanging about and shagging one of the spear maidens.   He eventually get's sent to Rhuidian, because of.....reasons.    Even though the Aile despise swords, they have one there sticking out of a stone.  It is their most sacred and precious thing, even though none of them will go near it.   Despite being told it is forbidden to touch,  Rand decides it's cool looking so he tries to pull it out of the stone.  Sadly he cannot without the help of his new girlfriend, who suddenly is able to channel and breaks the rock to smithereens so he can have the sword.   He does absolutely nothing with it, but his new girlfriend destroys an entire army of Shaido warriors who are pissed that he has stolen their most precious object.    

3 minutes ago, Yojimbo said:

Rand wanders the Waste.  Runs into a pretty red haired girl and shacks up with her since he is now totally over Egwene. Nobody knows who he is but since he has red hair they're totally cool with him hanging about and shagging one of the spear maidens.   He eventually get's sent to Rhuidian, because of.....reasons.    Even though the Aile despise swords, they have one there sticking out of a stone.  It is their most sacred and precious thing, even though none of them will go near it.   Despite being told it is forbidden to touch,  Rand decides it's cool looking so he tries to pull it out of the stone.  Sadly he cannot without the help of his new girlfriend, who suddenly is able to channel and breaks the rock to smithereens so he can have the sword.   He does absolutely nothing with it, but his new girlfriend destroys an entire army of Shaido warriors who are pissed that he has stolen their most precious object.    

*Rafe furiously taking notes*

18 hours ago, Wolfbrother31 said:

Well, I started this before the Finale...so now my S2 prediction is...

Show gets cancelled part way through - I shed tears & pray that Disney decides to buy the rights to WoT and make it right.

That was the worst Finale I've watched in my life... Bad WoT. Bad Tv. 

At least it's Christmas and I can watch Hawkeye. 

Think I’ll give Witcher another try, why not…

19 minutes ago, notpropaganda73 said:

It’s not a prediction but a big problem with how they have left S1 is Rand going off on his own. It means

1) Lan never trains him 

2) Rand doesn’t chase the Horn with Ingtar et al. Ingtar’s reveal as a DF will be hollow without his relationship with Rand imo

Rand on his own could be a prelude to him running into Lanfear and then having a portal stone journey.  They've changed so many things about the story but I don't predict him going to the Aiel waste just yet

12 hours ago, MasterAblar said:

The big issue with Nyneave healing Moiraine (not that I believe she's stilled, 100% Ishamael was just super evil tying off the shield on her.) is that how and the world would Logain be healed then? There's no way Nyneave is gonna do that intentionally.

In theory she could simply walk into any stedding.  That may be the only solution - Ishamael is certainly capable of tieing off a shield which is too strong for Moiraine to ever break and may have inverted it to prevent a male channeler from being able to find and break it for her.  Weaves cease to exist when they enter a stedding (this difference in practical effect between stedding and the Far Madding guardian is stated in the books) so she should walk out again with the shield destroyed.

24 minutes ago, Pandemonium said:

Rand on his own could be a prelude to him running into Lanfear and then having a portal stone journey.  They've changed so many things about the story but I don't predict him going to the Aiel waste just yet

I thought about this also, him going to the waste now would make no sense what so ever, so they need to get him to Falme.  Since he as no idea the Horn was taken, him running into "Selene" makes sense.

23 minutes ago, Pandemonium said:

Rand on his own could be a prelude to him running into Lanfear and then having a portal stone journey.

As long as he has a messed up portal stone journey with flickers they can show him learning the sword in multiple versions of his life and claim that made him an instant blade master (ignoring that he would never have trained in the muscle memory a blade master would have into this body).  I would have liked to see some of the flickers that Mat and Perrin got in the journey as that might explain some of their development also but they might have Rand on his own.  It is a bit of stealing from Mat being able to use most weapons  in the books due to implanted memory but no problem, its only Mat.?

On 12/24/2021 at 4:50 AM, Agitel said:

They're condensing TGH and TDR into a single plot arc. 

They almost have to do this.  My series prediction is since we used one season for TEOTW we will use one for AMOL.  That leaves us 12 books and six seasons.  in the middle to late section there is a lot of word bloat that could be condensed but there is also a lot of good storylines.  I believe they will combine TGH and TDR into one season 2.  We may  dump Falme since we haven't seen any maps for Randland.  No reason the hero's can't defeat the Seanchan at Tear.   

I may come back to this thread after I have calmed down.  E8 was supposed to be my Christmas present so I saved it for today at noon.  Talk about switches and coal in the stocking.  

On 12/24/2021 at 7:14 AM, MasterAblar said:

Egwene has to end up in Seanchan hands. Mat has to sound the horn. Rand has to recover Callandor. Those are the main important beats of the books. Considering how much work has been put into Rand and Egwene's relationship not having him present for the confrontation with the Seanchan would be pretty weird to me. And they have landed to the west already. I think we're looking at a truncated book 2 to get to Tear and book 4 as quickly as possible. I believe Cairhien is already shown to be in the second season?

I am not sure that what you say is true.  IMHO the key points are:

Somebody has to blow the horn so we can see our 100 plus hero's bound to the wheel.  It apparently won't be Matt because he is worried that he is the dark one.  

Rand needs to take Callandor and Tear (book 3 end ) which would make a good season end of S2

Other lesser points:

We need to see the black ajah reveal themselves as real in the books it is done early when our super girls get fooled by Liandrin.   We also need an escaped Forsaken or two.

Egw needs to start learning about Tel'aran'rhiod to set up her Aiel life.  

Egw should be captured by the Seanchan.  but may not be with the current treatment of women in the show.

Perrin needs to become Young Bull or they need to kill him off.  Apparently they have cast Faile so maybe he is going to toughen up.  I am not sure about that though.  

Nyn is already past where she would be in the books since apparently she isn't blocked and already knows how to heal somebody bled out on the floor. 

Anyway if I don't start feeling better about this show I won't be around to see if any of these points happen.  

My season 2 predictions (with some input from various interviews I've seen now):

1) Lan and Moiraine are going to be trying to figure out how to undo the tied off shield, plus find some /real/ prophecies to know what to do next because they are utterly lost and clueless.
2) Perrin is going to travel with Igntar, Uno, and the other Shenarians to find the Horn. Most likely, but not 100%, Loial has been tainted by the dagger and they need the dagger to undo that as well, so Perrin is seeking both, but at the very least, he wants to help find the Horn because he feels his inaction meant that he was responsible in part for losing it.  One of the members of the group seeking the Horn is Huran/Elyas, who starts explaining being a Wolfbrother. Mid season, he meets Faile, but it's early measures.
3) Mat's plot is going to skip book 2 completely, and go straight to beginning of book 3, with him having somehow gotten re-contaminated by the Dagger (by Padan Fain, which means it probably happened while S01E07 happened).  He's going to get captured by the Reds and probably damaged a fair bit before Suian rescues him and he gets "cleansed" But while he after cleansed he loses his memory.  He meets Elayne, Galad, and Gawyn in Tar Valon, and Elayne persuades him to go to Camelyn to take a message to her mother.  He sneaks out of the city with Thom Merrilan, who recognizes him and tells him what he knew about who he was, but the memory gaps are still there.  Alternatively, Elayne could sneak out for some reason or get captured and Mat follows to save her.
4) Rand is heading to the Aiel Waste but he first reaches Cahrien, where he meets Min. Political things start happening in Cahrien, shenanigans ensue, and Rand discovers the next thing he has to do is get Callendor from the Stone of Tear.

5) The Seanchen aren't attacking Tomen Head...they've already captured it. They are laying Tear under seige.  They haven't taken the Stone yet, but it's under the influence of the black sisters anyway.  
6) Liandrin has come to take Nynaeve and Egwene back to the White Tower, but instead takes them directly to Tear, where Egwene is turned over to the Seanchen.
7) Mat overhears some of the plot regarding Egwene or Elayne, something similar in Camelyn and heads to Tear to rescue them.  Perrin goes to Tear because Fain too the Horn there. Rand goes to Tear to get Callendor.
8 ) The girls rescue Egwene themselves, but fall into the hands of the Black Ajah in the tower.  Various forces sneak into the Stone per book 3. 

9) A big battle in Tear vs. the Seanchen happens and the Horn is blown to drive them out of the whole region.

1 hour ago, JenniferL said:

Amazon has confirmed the budget for season two will be bigger. 

https://www.ign.com/articles/wheel-of-time-expensive-shows-amazon

They've already started filming, so this is good news. They could have just said Season 3 may have a bigger budget.

I think it means more money for editing, more money for re-shoots...hopefully more money for talented writers. And hopefully they don't waste all this extra budget on marketing.

S2

Realization, we don't need Rand.

The Dark One has Forsaken, the Aveng... I mean, we have a Nynaeve.

The horn is gone. Nynaeve will scream at the heroes so hard they'll come anyway, but only to witness her bravery and power.

Eugene and Moraine will go on an emotional journey until Egwene cares enough and sadcures the stilling away.

?

I'm going to go with the obvious guess that they're combining books two and three.

Rand will go off alone like in book three, but then get sucked into a portal world with Lanfear. After that, he'll either end up in Tear or Falme. Seems likely he'll run into Min during his travels, and probably stir up some crazy Ta'veren shit in some towns he passes through.

Mat gets caught by the reds and healed, joins up with Thom, starts manifesting his luck power, beats up Galad and Gawyn, goes off to save Egwene after the Seanchen capture.

Egwene and Nynaeve join up with Elayne in Tar Valon, spend some time in the tower - Elaida will be there too, with backing from Liandrin against Siuan. Lots of politics. Eventually Egwene will be handed over to the Seanchean by the black Ajah, Elayne and Nynaeve will go to rescue her.

Perrin and Loial go hunting for the horn with Elyas/Hurin, Uno, and Ingtar. Perrin learns about his wolf powers during the hunt and meets Faile. This group will be dealing mostly with threats related to Fain and possibly whitecloaks.

Moiraine is shielded and feels humbled, realizes she has to let Rand find his own way for a while---he's the dragon, can't be shepherded so easily, the pattern will guide him better than she can.  She and Lan will spend the first half of this season on a research mission, looking for better prophecies and trying to remove the shield. The second half of the season will be about finding and rejoining Rand before the big climax.

I'm actually terrible at WOT geography, so it's hard for me to really picture how everything might play out on a map. Depends on how much they use The Ways and other fast travel methods. But I feel like everybody ends the season in the same place, which means we either get The Stone of Tear, or the battle at Falme, but probably not both.

Either way, we get the big moment with the horn, and the Seanchan will be in the middle of it. Probably also the Aiel. I fully expect to meet Aviendha next season