DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Season 2 Predictions

Guest Wolfbrother31

40 minutes ago, NinjaPowers975 said:

I'm going to go with the obvious guess that they're combining books two and three.

Rand will go off alone like in book three, but then get sucked into a portal world with Lanfear. After that, he'll either end up in Tear or Falme. Seems likely he'll run into Min during his travels, and probably stir up some crazy Ta'veren shit in some towns he passes through.

Mat gets caught by the reds and healed, joins up with Thom, starts manifesting his luck power, beats up Galad and Gawyn, goes off to save Egwene after the Seanchen capture.

Egwene and Nynaeve join up with Elayne in Tar Valon, spend some time in the tower - Elaida will be there too, with backing from Liandrin against Siuan. Lots of politics. Eventually Egwene will be handed over to the Seanchean by the black Ajah, Elayne and Nynaeve will go to rescue her.

Perrin and Loial go hunting for the horn with Elyas/Hurin, Uno, and Ingtar. Perrin learns about his wolf powers during the hunt and meets Faile. This group will be dealing mostly with threats related to Fain and possibly whitecloaks.

Moiraine is shielded and feels humbled, realizes she has to let Rand find his own way for a while---he's the dragon, can't be shepherded so easily, the pattern will guide him better than she can.  She and Lan will spend the first half of this season on a research mission, looking for better prophecies and trying to remove the shield. The second half of the season will be about finding and rejoining Rand before the big climax.

I'm actually terrible at WOT geography, so it's hard for me to really picture how everything might play out on a map. Depends on how much they use The Ways and other fast travel methods. But I feel like everybody ends the season in the same place, which means we either get The Stone of Tear, or the battle at Falme, but probably not both.

Either way, we get the big moment with the horn, and the Seanchan will be in the middle of it. Probably also the Aiel. I fully expect to meet Aviendha next season

I really believe that your synopsis and prediction here for Season 2 is probably just about the best that we can hope for in this upcoming season given as to where the characters and the plot lines are after the end of Season 1. 

I loved the Book 2 ending at Falme...the heist of the Horn, Rand's battle with the Seanchan sword master, Nynaeve/Egwene/Elayne (and Min) escaping and unleashing hell on the unsuspecting troops, Ingtar's sacrifice/speech,  the appearance of the heroes of the Horn, Mat laughing and blowing the Horn while charging into battle, Perrin hoisting the Dragon banner, the battle in the sky above Falme.

I wonder if we'll get any part of this. I wonder if it will be considered too confusing.

Do we think Rand is actually going to do the battle at Falme? If they are mashing up books 2 and 3 I'm guessing he'll be doing the Tear thing and Falme will be left to other characters. It would be a shame if that happened IMO because it's another great Rand moment lost.

15 hours ago, Chivalry said:

I loved the Book 2 ending at Falme...the heist of the Horn, Rand's battle with the Seanchan sword master, Nynaeve/Egwene/Elayne (and Min) escaping and unleashing hell on the unsuspecting troops, Ingtar's sacrifice/speech,  the appearance of the heroes of the Horn, Mat laughing and blowing the Horn while charging into battle, Perrin hoisting the Dragon banner, the battle in the sky above Falme.

I wonder if we'll get any part of this. I wonder if it will be considered too confusing.

Not to mention Rand has done no sword training at all, so he would get beat bad if he tried to fight Turak again.

3 hours ago, SingleMort said:

Do we think Rand is actually going to do the battle at Falme? If they are mashing up books 2 and 3 I'm guessing he'll be doing the Tear thing and Falme will be left to other characters. It would be a shame if that happened IMO because it's another great Rand moment lost.

I hope that we get Rand in Falme and also in Tear for season 2. 

3 hours ago, Sabio said:

Not to mention Rand has done no sword training at all, so he would get beat bad if he tried to fight Turak again.

And that's an important part of his character. Before he learns how to control his channeling, and even afterwards...his skill with the sword helps protect him and others and even defines his development, from simple farm lad to skilled warrior. 

Interesting choices, really...Nynaeve being a tracker is not an important part of the story going forward (per the books), but Rafe made sure to emphasize her ability on multiple occasions this season.

Let's see what they do with Rand and the sword. I'm willing to WAFO. I can't imagine that he'll continue to carry this sword without learning how to use is proficiently.

On the other hand, have we been told anything about the Heron mark to suggest it's anything other than a cool design, or that he got it from his father? Certainly, sword master Lan did not comment on it. Political genius and amateur historian Moraine did not comment on it. Other than Min...did anyone else even note the design? It seems like a major oversight.

3 hours ago, Sabio said:

Last time we saw Rand try to use his sword, Lan ended that quickly and well only a few days have passed since then.  If you think about Season 1, Rand has spent almost no time with Lan.  Now Rand has gone off alone.

Rand used his sword in Episode 8 to sheath it in himself in a way that may foreshadow a rather significant plot element later.

4 hours ago, SingleMort said:

It's an amazing moment for all the EM 5, plus Elayne and Min. But I agree, it's a moment that the show can't afford to deny Rand. It's the moment he "fought the Dark One in the sky", or so people thought. People sold souvenirs with his likeness for crying out loud.

On 12/25/2021 at 8:31 PM, Chivalry said:

Elaida and Liandrin will be combined.

Bain and Chiad will be combined.

Hurin and Elyas will be combined.

Faile and Gaul will also be combined.

Elaida and Liandrin - I do not think you can combine Elaida and Liandrin. They just have such drastically different roles in the books. 

Bain and Chiad - they will not combine two powerful female characters. They may add a third. 
Hurin and Elyas - they will not be in the show. 
Faile and Gaul - Faile will not be Aiel. Gaul may become the third female I mentioned above. 

5 minutes ago, Wassup said:

Elaida and Liandrin - I do not think you can combine Elaida and Liandrin. They just have such drastically different roles in the books. 

Bain and Chiad - they will not combine two powerful female characters. They may add a third. 
Hurin and Elyas - they will not be in the show. 
Faile and Gaul - Faile will not be Aiel. Gaul may become the third female I mentioned above. 

I was just being silly ?

Mat will be taken by the Red Ajah. Liandrin will take him to Falme instead of the girls. He will confront Fain there and meet some special Seanchan. 

Loial will be the expositor for the season. Need info about portal stones?  He has seen them or read about them. Need info about Aiel?  He has books in his pockets about them. 

Moiraine will substitute for Siuan and Leane. She will try to find a purpose for her life. Lan will be the supporting character. Maybe she realizes she should not have let Rand run off and tries to follow him. 

Perrin will continue to talk about The Way of the Leaf. Aram will do all of the fighting for him until Faile comes along. No wolves in this season. 

Nyn and Eg will replace Mat and Rand in chasing Fain. Verin will join them so they can have some more training from AS to get Nyn past her block. 

Rand will encounter Lanfear. She will take him to where the horn to tempt him about reaching for glory. 

Edited by Wassup
Fixed auto corrects

7 minutes ago, Wassup said:

Understood. I have just seen the Elaida/Liandrin combo touted several times since this summer. 

I was being a bit facetious with my Gaul comment. Mostly serious about the others, though. 

No problem. I was just going with this comedy principle of heightening the absurdity. Elaida and Liandrin - well, people are already suggesting this. Bain and Chiad - honestly, I don't even remember which is which. Hurin and Elyas - again, doesn't make much sense, but people on this site also suggested this.

As for Faile and Gaul - combining an attractive female Borderland hunter of the horn with a stoic Aiel Stone Dog seemed like the silliest combination of all. Just trying to add a little levity, people are pretty riled up about the show (myself included).

5 hours ago, TheSmurf said:

By the same reasoning that we know Lan is a bad ass because he returned from scouting with some nicks on his armour, we know Rand has been training with the sword because he looked pretty decent drawing it in Ep8. 

But don't forget, Lan is such a terrible horseman that he may have just fallen off his horse (several times), or decided to ride through a few thorn bushes.   I mean, he's really bad at riding apparently.   

On 12/24/2021 at 2:45 PM, TheTuna450 said:

I don’t think that they can combine Tear and Falme if the Seanchan are still landing in the West. I could see the two arcs running something in parallel, but I don’t think that they’ll be completely combined. 

Why not?

All other geographical stuff we've seen is just outright wrong. So Tear could easily be out in the west.

My prediction:

We will NOT get Rand in Falme just like we did not have him at Tarwin gap. Actually, how could show-Rand face a sword-master? It would be frankly ridicolous. Falme will be another Mary-sue moment and DO NOT bet that Mat will use the Horn.

We are likely to get Rand in Tear but the number of elements at this point is not sufficient to imagine how they will ruin also that.

Perrin arc will revolve on his problem in being unable to have his mouth shut. 

Rand will fast forward to meeting the Aiel, he will exit the blight to the Wastes. Callandor will be found at the end of the flashback chieftain declaring device. 

Matt in attempting to find the horn will end up in the Finn domain and when he enters the realm of snakes and foxes it will change him…literally to a new actor, and when he emerges he will find Thom alive and the two will rescue nynaeve and Egwene. 

We will get a time jump wherein nynaeve and egwene have been training in the tower for some time. Elayne will have met them offscreen and formed a friendship with them. Their increasing ability and loyalty to Moiraine who is MIA will cause liandrian to sell them out to the seanchan. 

moiraine and lan will visit Verin to attempt to find a way around her shielding.

Perrin, the ogier and shienarians will go after Fain and the horn. Faile will link up with them and be the one to sound the horn instead of Matt. 

season ends with an angrier and edgier rand emerging from the Aiel Wastes with massive army of Aiel and declare himself the dragon reborn. 

second season melting pot of three to four books that completely eliminates the tear storyline, eliminates Couladin as false caracarn. Eliminates 90 percent of the lanfear storyline and eliminates asmodean entirely. 

all training and teaching will be minimized, occur offscreen, or just be shown as intuitively learned.