DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Season Finale Predictions

Guest Wolfbrother31

1 minute ago, WhiteVeils said:

A good thought as far as predictions go is to think about 'big battlescene climaxes of story arcs', and where those climaxes intersect.  If there are characters in different places at the 'climaxes' then think of how those climaxes might parallel, work together.

I'd probably do it with these:

1. Eye of the World (climax, season 1)

2. Battle at Falme (climax, season 2)

3. Battle/Invasion of the Stone of Tear (Climax, Season 3)

4. Retaking Cahrien (climax, season 4) OR Defeating Rahvinn / Battle of Emond's Field (climax, season 5)

5. Battle of Dumais Wells (Climax, Season 6)

6. Fall of Ebou Dar/Defeating the Shaido

7,  Dragonmount (Climax, Season 7)

8. Last Battle 

I'd probably skip Illian and some of the fights against the Seanchen, at the very least.

you left out the battle for the WT, the BT arc, and the culmination of Mat (the rescue) and Perrin's (the hammer) arcs. I expect the Wells to be season 4 or 5 at the latest; so that there's time for Emperor Rand to breathe and put the other EF5 in place before the end of season 7.

5 minutes ago, Jaysen Gore said:

you left out the battle for the WT, the BT arc, and the culmination of Mat (the rescue) and Perrin's (the hammer) arcs. I expect the Wells to be season 4 or 5 at the latest; so that there's time for Emperor Rand to breathe and put the other EF5 in place before the end of season 7.

Not to mention the cleansing of the taint which took RJ 2 books to describe 

That's true. I did miss things.  I'd put Perrin's hammer arc as part of the climax of 6, Rescue of Moiraine at around the climax of 7, and cleansing the taint as part of the climax of 6.  White Tower stuff would be running along side all of these too.  Definitely not saying it's perfect or anything. Just saying where I'd smush things together.

47 minutes ago, Spiritweaver1 said:

On a more serious note.  

Lan goes after Mo

Nyn goes after Lan and saves him from the mangroves who want to eat him.

Fain gets arrested for being a scumbag and whistling without a permit.

Perrin and Egwene realize that they don't really make a cute couple cause Min sees a falcon on his shoulder.  Egwene starts visiting Fain 

The team find the Eye with the green man who kills a forsaken but dies doing it.  Ba'alzamon shows up breathing fire.  DR "kills" him.  Moraine is wounded.  Lan uses his swqrd to make a litter to drag Mo home, alternately Nyn heals her again.  

The team brings the trinkets, one of which is broken in the fight back to Fal Dara

There is no battle at Tarwin Gap cause we only have budget for 50 trollocs and I fade costume.  

Somebody springs PF from the dungeon and gives him a magic musical instrument that we don't want to loose.  I liked a previous posters notion that they don't go to Toman Head they have to go to Tear.  

We have done one book in one season.  That leaves thirteen books in 7 seasons, I am guessing AMOL will get it's own season so we have twelve books in 6 seasons so that's two a season.  That means  TGH and TDR  have to be combined.  Perhaps when the season is over somebody will start a thread where we can list our favorite events in those books that we want to see in the show.  

Spoiler

There is a rather large battle at tarwin's gap in episode 8 

4 hours ago, Spiritweaver1 said:

The team find the Eye with the green man who kills a forsaken but dies doing it.  Ba'alzamon shows up breathing fire.  DR "kills" him.  Moraine is wounded.  Lan uses his swqrd to make a litter to drag Mo home, alternately Nyn heals her again.  

He needs to "ride his horse to death" carrying her for healing.  He really needs a "true grit" moment this season.

1 hour ago, Reader said:

Just when all hope is lost, Mat (who we only see from behind) arrives out of nowhere and stabs the "Dark One" with the dagger.  The resulting explosion melts his face.  Nynaeve heals him as best as she can, but he'll never look the same again.

Genius ?

Off the wall idea and not one I believe is likely to happen but...

There's some talk of killing Moiraine given the hints/death flags for her trip to the Eye, but what if instead of that Ishy stills her. She does have channelling moments but I struggle to remember any being particularly vital to the overall narrative (beyond Be'lal but he's a prime candidate for being culled) while her guiding and advisory presence can be what keeps her going. It gives an immediate demonstration of the overwhelming abilities of the Forsaken, sets them up as a giant threat, and gives consequences rather than our heroes basically getting out completely unharmed (you can easily fix it in Finland if you want or have someone heal her down the line when she's saved)

--

Favourite absurd one I saw on reddit after Mat popped up in the trailer was the idea of Fain taking on his likeness and a pure Mat being added for season 2 lol. Can you imagine.

Edited by DermidAjala

For sure Rosamund will be moving from actress to strictly Producer role in the show, so they will fast forward to the "moiraine goes away for awhile" event. This frees her up to continue her post-WoT acting career, while still being available for a cameo/return in later seasons (if the show isn't cancelled after 2)

Rand will be injured, Lan will be sobbing in grief laying on the ground, Nynaeve will go rambo, save Lan from trollocs and heal Rand. After the battle at the Eye, Nynaeve will throw both men (both unconscious) onto a convenient horse, and bring them back to Fal Dara.

At fal dara, perrin will be hiding in a closet trying to muster the courage to pick up an axe. we may get a token kill to show him conquering his fear, guarding the door to his bedroom maybe. EgweneTM will be on The Balcony turning back the trolloc army.

In Tar Valon, Mat will do some stealing, maybe steal the dagger and a horse, and maybe grope/assault a few women. Might run into Thom and they both go on a crime spree in tar valon. they get chased out west toward the coast.

Edited by Quiksilver

1 hour ago, Quiksilver said:

For sure Rosamund will be moving from actress to strictly Producer role in the show, so they will fast forward to the "moiraine goes away for awhile" event. This frees her up to continue her post-WoT acting career, while still being available for a cameo/return in later seasons (if the show isn't cancelled after 2)

Rand will be injured, Lan will be sobbing in grief laying on the ground, Nynaeve will go rambo, save Lan from trollocs and heal Rand. After the battle at the Eye, Nynaeve will throw both men (both unconscious) onto a convenient horse, and bring them back to Fal Dara.

At fal dara, perrin will be hiding in a closet trying to muster the courage to pick up an axe. we may get a token kill to show him conquering his fear, guarding the door to his bedroom maybe. EgweneTM will be on The Balcony turning back the trolloc army.

In Tar Valon, Mat will do some stealing, maybe steal the dagger and a horse, and maybe grope/assault a few women. Might run into Thom and they both go on a crime spree in tar valon. they get chased out west toward the coast.

I see it more as Perin gets the courage to pick up the axe again then suddenly turns around and kills the wrong person again.

We will see super Nyn again who will take out hundreds of Trollocs.

35 minutes ago, Sabio said:

We will see super Nyn again who will take out hundreds of Trollocs.

I think the opposite. I think Nyn will hit her block and be unable to channel. I do think we will get an Egwene moment. 

My bet is Lan finally gets to do his thing in a way we haven’t seen since Winternight. And I think we may be left with the impression that Rand dies at the Eye. Not sure about Moiraine. Her dying would be a little too Sean Bean for me. Her getting sucked into the realm of the Finn feels too early. 

11 minutes ago, Sabio said:

If there must be a super channeler moment it has to be Nyn, after they made Egwenes fire so weak I just wouldn't buy a suddenly dangerous Egwene hurling fire everywhere.

Maybe she gets some on the job training from Amalisa?

I know critics of the show keep going on about "super Nynaeve" etc., but I think just for her character motivations it won't make any sense for her to go to the Tower if she just continually gets angry and can channel. She needs to suffer a "I need the OP in this moment and I can't access it" moment imo, and the finale is a good moment for that. 

4 hours ago, notpropaganda73 said:

A small character moment I think we might see, is Nynaeve being unable to heal someone because she isn't angry enough to reach the OP - which makes her decide to go to the WT for training. 

That is interesting. As of right now she has no reason at all to go to the tower. What can the Aes Sedai teach SuperNyn? She is already more knowledgeable and more powerful than every Aes Sedai combined +1000.