DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Season Finale Predictions

Guest Wolfbrother31

Here is my guess spoilers for book to follow. I've also seen some leak gifs from EP8 so if you want no spoilers then do not read.

EOTW Prologue will not be the cold open for this season. I think we will see that S2 perhaps in the season finale if they are combining books 2 and 3 for S2. Rather we will see an argument between LT and Latra about going to seal the dark one's prison in front of male and female aes sedai. This is just too fitting with where the show is presently. LT wanted to go to the dark one's place to seal the dark one and now Rand and Moraine are doing the same. I think they will introduce the seals (and they will specifically show us a seal so we can recognize it later in the episode). This accomplishes why that is important and why it matters visually that one is broken. I will argue and LT will go off on his own with the other male aes sedai and that will be the end of the prologue. We will not see the famous scene from the prologue.

Then we will have two stories happening at the same time and splitting off between the 2. Moraine and Rand traveling the Blight and Egwene, Lan, and Nyneave reading for war (as Trollocs rush through Tarwins Gap. I'm breaking them down here:

Rand and Moraine: Travel the blight and get to a place that in the book is called the Eye of the World. I think either the show will have Moraine be wrong about the eye of the world being the dark one's prison. Or the show will change it so that the eye of the world is another name for the dark one's prison. That said I do not think they will get to the dark one's prison but rather will enter a "place" where some of the events in the end of the book will happen. (I think this is the case because there is a description for episode 8 that highlights how their journey to the eye of the world is disrupted). We will get no Green Man and rather then it being Balzy it will be specifically Ishamael. I do not think in the show that Ishamael will be insane. There will be a pool of sadain and Moraine will say something like "it's sadain! How is the male half of the one power pure?" Ishamael confront them. He will trap Rand in a dream while simultaneously very easily overpowering Moraine. Ishy will tempt Rand with his wildest dreams (maybe married to Egwene with a family in the Two Rivers). He will be told this is possible if he aligns himself with the Dark One and they break the wheel. I think Ishy will use the idea that Rand and Egwene can never be together given he is a channeler and she wants to be an Aes Sedai. He will say that the White Tower would gentle and kill him (this was already referenced in Episode 3 by Dana. Seems fitting it be brought up again here). Rand will need to give up on his dream of being with Egwene while accepting his destiny that he will need to become the DR. This decision allows him to break free from the dreamshard. He will battle Ishamael and pull on the pool of sadain to do so. This sends Ishamael retreating.

While all of this is going on Egwene, Nyneave, Perrin, and Lan will meet with a war counsel to plan the attack.  Egwene and Nyneave will be asked to help the other sister with the one power in the battle. Perrin and Lan will go in and protect them. I am going to guess that Perrin will be given a choice between a hammer and an axe to fight with and he will chose the hammer. Fight commences and despite their best efforts they are losing. On the brightside I think Lan though will kill a fade.

Moraine will open herself to the bond and will notice that Lan is feeling desprate which means something must be going on. They all agree to return back. Rand will teleport them to the battle. Rand will link with the four girls and hurl out a ton of power to destroy the remaining trollocs. The battle will end and the shinerans present will kneel to Rand. Perhaps Lord Agelmar will say something like "The Dragon is Reborn".

Now I think either we will get a scene change or a post credits scene. It will basically be a girl on the shore watching the Seanchan arrive. Maybe we will  see To'Raken or something in the air as well. *They need something to make it ominous).

The entire dream Suian had is a trap created by Ishamael to break the first seal by draining out the Eye of the World.  While Moiraine and Rand are busy at the eye, and the others prepare to go to them, the Dark One prepares and stages a full blown, HUGE attack on Fal Dara.   Perrin and Lan, Nynaeve and Egwene are stuck fighting for their lives.  Ishamael uses the time to tempt Rand into trying to join with him to get the life he wanted, and Rand is tempted, but refuses.  Ishy then drags Rand (and Moiraine, probably without Ishy knowing it because she's been playing dead or something) to Fal Dara to try to convince Rand that surrender is the only way that he will save his friends.  Moiraine escapes to join with Nynaeve and Egwene to show Rand that they can fight back without him joining the Dark One, and Rand finally believes her, joins her in a linked circle, and defeats the attack on Fal Dara...for now.

Episode ends with signs of the Seanchen.

Wish it had but suspect it doesn't: Some sign of Mat.

My guess for the last episode:

Prologue:

Padan Fain meeting darkfriends in Fal Dara

Scene:

Rand & Moraine get through the blight to the EOTW, upon which they have their battle, Moraine trying to fight off Ish but losing, Rand has to go nuclear to save her, ashes Ish, blows open the EOTW cave, and rather than be the bore, it does release something that then releases and does a scare/jump wake up on the forsaken, who then become loose (like how those vampire movies always do it).  R+M discover the box, with the horn, and the broken seal, and the banner. They head back to town. 

Scene:

Fal Dara, Lan and the gang are waiting, meet with R+M. PF breaks into the secret stash stronghold at FD and steals the horn, and sets off to the Best (err, West) coast, and Moraine, Lan and Perrin make preparations to head after PF, and the girls (including Min) get sent to TV. Time to start that training, and to keep Min safe. Moraine spots Matt (from behind, or something vague) at the last.

Scene: 

Cut to Padan Fain haulin' tuckus on horseback across plains with some trollocs in tow, and a fade or two. 

Cut to Moraine, Lan, Rand, and Perrin, along with Loial, and fake-Matt, leaving FD on horseback. 

Cut to the west coast, and here comes the Seanchan. Boats in the distance from the shore, and one of those flying things to say ohh wow the whole time until the break. 

22 hours ago, TheDreadReader said:

We get LTT and Ishy as a cold open.

It think it unlikely due to production limits, but this would be a great way to start the episode.

My prediction: it's all been misdirection and Moiraine is the Dragon Reborn. The irony of spending the past 20 years searching for herself! Also, her kesiera turns out to be a sa'angreal or something.

Moiraine is wrong when she says the eye of the world is the dark one's prison.  This is just a misunderstanding based on the proximity to the blight, false corrupted prophecies, and Ishamaels lies.  Not sure the green man will be there, but there will be the horn and the banner once the pool of saidin is drained.  The eye of the world is a treasure chest for the light.  

Padan Fain gets the cold open.  We will see his exploits in becoming a darkfriend, bringing trollocs to the two rivers, hunting the dragon, and in Shadar Logoth.  Fain will hang back and watch until after Rand brings back the horn.  The 1st season will end with a cliffhanger of Fain stealing the horn.  

1 hour ago, RhienneAgain said:

I think Moiraine is going to disappear at the end of this season for her extended absence (not via the twisted doorway ter'angreal, but by some other means - possibly trapped in TAR?).  Similar set-up though, with her saving Rand.

I hope not. That wouldn't have as much of an impact on Rand or the viewers

It would also be far too derivative of GoT. Though I suppose it's a possibility.

Here's my (very vague) guesses:

• The rest of the group that was left behind at Fal Dara is unable to leave the city due to a surprise Trolloc attack.
  • We find out Fain's a darkfriend and is leading the Trollocs.
  • We get some slow Rand and Moiraine moments where she explains stuff about the prophecies.
  • Rand goes ham. "Kills" the "Dark One" and obliterates the Trollocs.
  • Fain captured.

Guest Wolfbrother31
4 hours ago, Elder_Haman said:

It would also be far too derivative of GoT. Though I suppose it's a possibility.

Here's my (very vague) guesses:

• The rest of the group that was left behind at Fal Dara is unable to leave the city due to a surprise Trolloc attack.
  • We find out Fain's a darkfriend and is leading the Trollocs.
  • We get some slow Rand and Moiraine moments where she explains stuff about the prophecies.
  • Rand goes ham. "Kills" the "Dark One" and obliterates the Trollocs.
  • Fain captured.

I like it, but I think we have to also get the Horn somehow, the Seanchan arriving, and some explanation of whats going on with Matt.  

I think we get at least 2 minutes of Seanchan and they collar a blue Aes Sedai, the Red Aes Sedai getting "the message", and Padan Fain stealing the horn. 

9 hours ago, DaddyFinn said:

I hope not. That wouldn't have as much of an impact on Rand or the viewers

I agree but I'm not sure why else they would have chosen to have Rand and Moiraine go alone into the Blight. Plus they have been very heavy handed with Moiraine's expectation that anyone else who goes to the Eye apart from the Dragon will die. Additionally, they have brought a lot of the foreshadowing about Moiraine's and Lan's bond breaking a long way forward and focused very heavily on Moiraine this season.

On 12/17/2021 at 7:54 AM, Sabio said:

Lan redeemed himself somewhat with his sneaking up on Nyn (though still not sure how she is looking in the window and he snuck out of the house to get behind her).  That just shows how damn good he is.

Would you believe me if I said I hacked an Amazon server and got the explanation for this bit.  Spoiler alert Lan is really, wait for it, Lanfear.  She made this happen by using a inverted invisibility weave.   

On a more serious note.  

Lan goes after Mo

Nyn goes after Lan and saves him from the mangroves who want to eat him.

Fain gets arrested for being a scumbag and whistling without a permit.

Perrin and Egwene realize that they don't really make a cute couple cause Min sees a falcon on his shoulder.  Egwene starts visiting Fain 

The team find the Eye with the green man who kills a forsaken but dies doing it.  Ba'alzamon shows up breathing fire.  DR "kills" him.  Moraine is wounded.  Lan uses his swqrd to make a litter to drag Mo home, alternately Nyn heals her again.  

The team brings the trinkets, one of which is broken in the fight back to Fal Dara

There is no battle at Tarwin Gap cause we only have budget for 50 trollocs and I fade costume.  

Somebody springs PF from the dungeon and gives him a magic musical instrument that we don't want to loose.  I liked a previous posters notion that they don't go to Toman Head they have to go to Tear.  

We have done one book in one season.  That leaves thirteen books in 7 seasons, I am guessing AMOL will get it's own season so we have twelve books in 6 seasons so that's two a season.  That means  TGH and TDR  have to be combined.  Perhaps when the season is over somebody will start a thread where we can list our favorite events in those books that we want to see in the show.  

A good thought as far as predictions go is to think about 'big battlescene climaxes of story arcs', and where those climaxes intersect.  If there are characters in different places at the 'climaxes' then think of how those climaxes might parallel, work together.

I'd probably do it with these:

1. Eye of the World (climax, season 1)

2. Battle at Falme (climax, season 2)

3. Battle/Invasion of the Stone of Tear (Climax, Season 3)

4. Retaking Cahrien (climax, season 4) OR Defeating Rahvinn / Battle of Emond's Field (climax, season 5)

5. Battle of Dumais Wells (Climax, Season 6)

6. Fall of Ebou Dar/Defeating the Shaido

7,  Dragonmount (Climax, Season 7)

8. Last Battle 

I'd probably skip Illian and some of the fights against the Seanchen, at the very least.