DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Season Finale Predictions

Guest Wolfbrother31

6 minutes ago, Wraith235 said:

Leaks are approaching Fanfic levels of adaption

Some of the leaks are very very different from the end of the book.  Some of those are to blame on losing a cast member for 2 episodes.  Some are to turn the very disjointed/confusing book ending  into the something that better reflects the remaining 7 seasons.  Whether this works or not we'll see.

5 minutes ago, TheDreadReader said:

Yes.   So?

I am genuinely happy that you and others are enjoying it.  I knew going in there would be changes.  That there would have to be changes.   But this kind of dismissiveness of those who love the books who are so disappointed in the "adaptation" that they will (or already have) stopped watching isn't vey helpful. 

5 minutes ago, Yojimbo said:

I am genuinely happy that you and others are enjoying it.  I knew going in there would be changes.  That there would have to be changes.   But this kind of dismissiveness of those who love the books who are so disappointed in the "adaptation" that they will (or already have) stopped watching isn't vey helpful. 

It is me being realistic.  The show is designed to appeal to the wider public not to specific subsets of fans.  That is just the reality of pop culture.

Edited by TheDreadReader

13 minutes ago, TheDreadReader said:

It is me being realistic.  The show is designed to appeal to the wider public not to specific subsets of fans.  That is just the reality of pop culture.

This is a false dilemma.

You absolutely can do both.

See Marvel.

See what Filoni/Favreau are doing with Star Wars. 

You absolutely can appeal to the core fanbase and reach the wider culture at the same time. 

3 minutes ago, Arthellion said:

This is a false dilemma.

Indeed.  Just look at all the book fans who are enjoying the show that Rafe also referenced in his Q&A answer.

The audience reaction to any pop culture artifact will always have a range of responses betweehn the positive and the negative.  Rafe's comments largely reflect that.   There are some book fans that love the show, some book fans that hate the show, and some that have mixed reactions.   That is to be expected.

Take the 1 star reveiws on IMDB.  They cluster around the 10% level.  Is there a lot of growth in targeting that 10% or the other 90%?

36 minutes ago, Arthellion said:

This is a false dilemma.

See Marvel.

See what Filoni/Favreau are doing with Star Wars. 

You absolutely can appeal to the core fanbase and reach the wider culture at the same time. 

While I don't disagree with your point your example is poor. I love the MCU and generally love the comics.  But compare The Civil War we got on the screen to what we got in the comics and is not to dissimilar to the Wheel of time show vs books.

Edited by Skipp

On 12/17/2021 at 9:52 AM, DermidAjala said:

Classic prologue as cold open.

Journey through the blight won't take long. Suspect it will be only Rand/Mo as with the bond masked Lan will say they can't track them and something will happen to prevent them even considering it.

Ishy vs Rand will happen but no other forsaken will be there and it'll primarily be non-fighting fighting - probably vision stuff, temptation and more. Rand won't actually hurt him but they'll change it so Ishy tricks Rand into doing something with the eye that frees all the forsaken properly to give him an antagonist win.

I think the Wondergirls are going to end up helping out against a big attack at Tarwin's gap for their showpiece action - I still don't understand why Amalisa can channel unless she's going to use it more explicitly, so perhaps she can't do enough and the EF group come to bail her out. 

Could still have Rand travel in to help them fight it off as the final set piece of the series.

I love @ForsakenPotato's idea of Fain stealing the horn at the end of the episode. That would  be a good set up for what comes next season (which I'm starting to think is going to be a large shifting of things to all end in Tear including the horn battle)

Had you read the script ?

I’m not sure if this was possibly the worst episode yet!?

Spoiler

- Lews Therin was a disappointment.

- Moiraine saying don’t touch anything in the Blight whilst literally having twigs in her hair and then sitting on the trees. 
- Nynaeve somehow knowing Moiraine has a ‘tell’ when tracking that Lan wouldn’t know about. What even is a tracking ‘tell’ come on!!

- Egwene’s acting has really tailed off, especially during the crying scene with Perrin. 
- Perrin cannot act at all. It’s no wonder they just make him mope in a corner normally. 
- Lord Agelmar dying this early. 
- the Horn of Valere just sitting under a chair in the most at risk city near the Blight. 
- the women having the massive one power / super girls scene again.

- Somehow burning out despite not being possible when linked. 

- a random, slightly trained, weakling in the power being able to cast lightning and wipe out between 5,000 (when fighting the men) and 40,000 (when fighting the 5 women) trollocs. 
- Rand already being told that he can reshape reality, not just channel. 
- Moiraine being gentled.

- The Horn of Valere just being in a plastic looking box.  
- Mat again being implied as inherently evil. 
- EGWENE BRINGING NYNAEVE BACK FROM THE DEAD. 
- still the way channeling is shown, with all the arm waving looks very much like The Magicians series. So off putting. 

The whole thing was just a massive mess and a disappointment.