DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Season Finale Predictions

Guest Wolfbrother31

13 minutes ago, thievingsackofpotatoes said:

The last track on Vol. 3 of the The Wheel of Time soundtrack is…

Reveal hidden contents

From the West

Looks like certain group are all but confirmed for a end of season tease!

I've just had a listen.  You can almost picture what it's going to be, then the end credits kick in 2 minutes in.

Just now, flinn said:

That is interesting. As of right now she has no reason at all to go to the tower. What can the Aes Sedai teach SuperNyn? She is already more knowledgeable and more powerful than every Aes Sedai combined +1000.

Her only other reason of going to the Tower would be because Egwene is going and she wants to try and protect her in some way. But that is a weak enough reason to me vs. wanting to learn the full extent of her power so she never has to worry about being unable to Heal again. And also to spite Aes Sedai. It's a stronger motivation for me than "I'll look after you Egwene".  We'll see what the show does but I really hope they go down the "unable to access the OP at a key moment" route.

11 minutes ago, flinn said:

That is interesting. As of right now she has no reason at all to go to the tower. What can the Aes Sedai teach SuperNyn? She is already more knowledgeable and more powerful than every Aes Sedai combined +1000.

Or the war is coming, and she better be trained for it? It's not longer about protecting 4 kids from EF, it's about protecting the world. What would wisdom have you do, Nynaeve Al'Meara of the Two Rivers?

Plus that way she's on equal footing with Moiraine in terms of getting Lan

20 minutes ago, Jaysen Gore said:

Or the war is coming, and she better be trained for it? It's not longer about protecting 4 kids from EF, it's about protecting the world. What would wisdom have you do, Nynaeve Al'Meara of the Two Rivers?

Plus that way she's on equal footing with Moiraine in terms of getting Lan

Personal motivations are much more compelling than "have to be ready to try and save the world" motivations. For e.g (Avengers Endgame sort of spoilers):

Spoiler

Tony Stark's motivation in Endgame is much more about Peter Parker than it is about bringing everyone back, and that's more compelling. The most interesting arcs in that movie are from those Avengers that are truly showing a personal drive in the story as opposed to "Well this was a bad thing we better try and fix for the sake of the universe". 

Same would be true for all of our EF5. Simply "We better get ready to save the world" is pretty boring compared to "I need to learn this to save those I love" or even, as you say, "I have to learn this to compete with Moiraine for the man I love". 

The Opening:

LTT camped at the Eye of the World,preparing  the Hundred Companions getting for the Strike at Shayol Ghul.

Main Plot:

Heroes at  Fal Dara wish to run and get Morainne and Rand, but they cant as an Army of Trollocs has begun to gather at Tarwins Gap.

Lan and Agelmar lead Fal daras Forces against the Trolloc army. Egwene, Nynaeve and Amalisa provide Magical support for the army. Perrin and Loial remain at the keep

Meanwhile at the Eye of the World, Morainne and Rand are trapped in Dream shards by Ishmael. Ishmael shows Rand his ideal life and tempts him to use his power to break the First seal.

Whilst the Battle of Tarwins Gap is going on, Padan Fain and a small band of Trollocs sneak into the castle. Padan fain is after something hidden in the castle and his Band of trollocs are killing to find it.

Perrin runs into Padan fain and tries to escape him.Padan fain chases after him mocking him.

He reveals he was the one who led the Trollocs to the two rivers and that he has also Captured Matt. He also reveals Leila was a Darkfriend which causes Perrin to snap.

Perrin picks up an Axe and goes full Wolf slaughtering Padan Fain’s Trolllocs singlehandedly.Padan Fain flees in the chaos.

Back at the Eye of the World, Rand refuses Ishameal’s temptation with the help of Morainne. However Ishmael uses compulsion on Rand forcing him to break the First seal. Because of this,the Forsaken can now escape from Shayol Ghul.

Ishameal wounds Morainne but before he kills her, Rand taps into the Eye of the world and scares of Ishameal

Meanwhile the Battle at Tarwins Gap is going Badly.Amalisa has been killed, and the forces are losing.

But then Rand and Morainne show up to the rescue. We see Rand show the power of the Dragon decimating Large amount of the Trolloc army but its still not enough. Morainne and the girls link up with Rand and together they end the Battle of Tarwins Gap

Epilogue 1 Month Later

Egwene and Nyaneve prepare to leave for Tar Valon.

Egwene says a heartfelt goodbye to Rand, promising to be powerful enough to aid him in his destiny.Rand softly ends the relationship encouraging her to focus on her life. He is the Dragon and he walk alone

Lan and Nyneave have a goodbye as well hoping that when all is done, they can find their way to each other.

Perrin and Egwene end on good terms accepting to live as brother and sister. Perrin stays behind with Rand as he decide to devote his whole life to defeating the Shadow because of what they did with Leila.

Min gives Rand a comforting message, letting him know that the EF 5 are bound by destiny. The Pattern has them destined to be the Dragons strongest allies.

Agelmar reveals something was stolen from the Castle’s most secret vault during the Battle of Tarwins Gap. Something that Fal Dara had hidden from the world long ago to only be used by the Dragon.

That something was the Horn of Valere which was stolen by Padan fain during the chaos of the Battle.

Morainne talks with Rand, Lan, Perrin about the new crisis they have to deal with it.

They have to recover the Horn and Mat from Padan Fain and have to be vigilant about the returning Forsaken.

Closing shot is Mat in captivity with Fain and  the Freed Forsaken leaving Shayol Ghul

On 12/19/2021 at 8:41 PM, Reader said:

Just when all hope is lost, Mat (who we only see from behind) arrives out of nowhere and stabs the "Dark One" with the dagger.  The resulting explosion melts his face.  Nynaeve heals him as best as she can, but he'll never look the same again.

Just make it a total GoT rip off Mat leaps from nowhere like a spider monkey and the dark one catches him by the throat one handed, Mat then drops the dagger to his other hand and the stabs the night king sorry the dark one and that part of the show is over and we move on to a political drama centered on the Aes Sedai.

Subverting your expectations perfectly.

Edited by Mailman

19 hours ago, LordyLord said:

The Opening:

LTT camped at the Eye of the World,preparing  the Hundred Companions getting for the Strike at Shayol Ghul.

Main Plot:

Heroes at  Fal Dara wish to run and get Morainne and Rand, but they cant as an Army of Trollocs has begun to gather at Tarwins Gap.

Lan and Agelmar lead Fal daras Forces against the Trolloc army. Egwene, Nynaeve and Amalisa provide Magical support for the army. Perrin and Loial remain at the keep

Meanwhile at the Eye of the World, Morainne and Rand are trapped in Dream shards by Ishmael. Ishmael shows Rand his ideal life and tempts him to use his power to break the First seal.

Whilst the Battle of Tarwins Gap is going on, Padan Fain and a small band of Trollocs sneak into the castle. Padan fain is after something hidden in the castle and his Band of trollocs are killing to find it.

Perrin runs into Padan fain and tries to escape him.Padan fain chases after him mocking him.

He reveals he was the one who led the Trollocs to the two rivers and that he has also Captured Matt. He also reveals Leila was a Darkfriend which causes Perrin to snap.

Perrin picks up an Axe and goes full Wolf slaughtering Padan Fain’s Trolllocs singlehandedly.Padan Fain flees in the chaos.

Back at the Eye of the World, Rand refuses Ishameal’s temptation with the help of Morainne. However Ishmael uses compulsion on Rand forcing him to break the First seal. Because of this,the Forsaken can now escape from Shayol Ghul.

Ishameal wounds Morainne but before he kills her, Rand taps into the Eye of the world and scares of Ishameal

Meanwhile the Battle at Tarwins Gap is going Badly.Amalisa has been killed, and the forces are losing.

But then Rand and Morainne show up to the rescue. We see Rand show the power of the Dragon decimating Large amount of the Trolloc army but its still not enough. Morainne and the girls link up with Rand and together they end the Battle of Tarwins Gap

Epilogue 1 Month Later

Egwene and Nyaneve prepare to leave for Tar Valon.

Egwene says a heartfelt goodbye to Rand, promising to be powerful enough to aid him in his destiny.Rand softly ends the relationship encouraging her to focus on her life. He is the Dragon and he walk alone

Lan and Nyneave have a goodbye as well hoping that when all is done, they can find their way to each other.

Perrin and Egwene end on good terms accepting to live as brother and sister. Perrin stays behind with Rand as he decide to devote his whole life to defeating the Shadow because of what they did with Leila.

Min gives Rand a comforting message, letting him know that the EF 5 are bound by destiny. The Pattern has them destined to be the Dragons strongest allies.

Agelmar reveals something was stolen from the Castle’s most secret vault during the Battle of Tarwins Gap. Something that Fal Dara had hidden from the world long ago to only be used by the Dragon.

That something was the Horn of Valere which was stolen by Padan fain during the chaos of the Battle.

Morainne talks with Rand, Lan, Perrin about the new crisis they have to deal with it.

They have to recover the Horn and Mat from Padan Fain and have to be vigilant about the returning Forsaken.

Closing shot is Mat in captivity with Fain and  the Freed Forsaken leaving Shayol Ghul

I like this; the only issue I see is that I don't think Padan Fain stealing THAT during the attack, and Agelmar only checking on it a month later. So I expect Fain's theft and everything you describe in the one month later is how they open season 2. Along with a visit from the Amyrlin. That way, they can also show Rand training with Lan, walking with Moiraine, the discussion with the Amyrlin and then hit the road.

20 hours ago, LordyLord said:

He reveals he was the one who led the Trollocs to the two rivers and that he has also Captured Matt

I didn't think about this! I wonder how much later Fain entered the Ways. If Mat were still at the waygate when Fain shows up....

On 12/18/2021 at 8:07 PM, bringbackthomsmoustache said:

He needs to "ride his horse to death" carrying her for healing.  He really needs a "true grit" moment this season.

Sadly Matt has traded Mandarb for the Horn of Valere which, if sounded will take him home to his sisters.  Thus since our team is a foot Lan will have to run himself nearly to death dragging the little. 

2 hours ago, Jaysen Gore said:

I like this; the only issue I see is that I don't think Padan Fain stealing THAT during the attack, and Agelmar only checking on it a month later. So I expect Fain's theft and everything you describe in the one month later is how they open season 2. Along with a visit from the Amyrlin. That way, they can also show Rand training with Lan, walking with Moiraine, the discussion with the Amyrlin and then hit the road.

My friend you are the optimist.  

5 minutes ago, Spiritweaver1 said:

My friend you are the optimist.  

I am. Until I see one of the major milestone plot points of the series altered in a way that can't be undone (eg. Moiraine dies at the Eye, there is no Horn, there is no Elaida), I will continue to believe that the skeleton of the Wheel of Time's plots will remain intact. The 1 month later  in FD might only be 5 minutes, but it will show enough to know what's been happening before starting the season in earnest. Especially since this show has already demonstrated they're willing to move those plot points around in order, and flashback to them later.

As I've noted elsewhere, the only major plot / character arc point that I think has changed is Mat not going to FD, which was not a creative choice, and able to be fixed next season in a number of ways (or Ways?).

I get that people don't like that they've tweaked backstories, personalities, and even the small scenes that make the series what it is - I don't like them all either. But this story is so massively complex that I can't see a creative team trying to adapt it to TV - which REQUIRES change - while ALSO changing the fundamental plot and character arcs of the EF5, Siuan, Logain, and Elayne. It becomes too massive a writing task at that point.

One small example - people freak about Perrin and the Wolves, but I think they've moved that to season 2, with either Elyas appearing in the wilderness, or Hurin and Elyas being combined, to give Perrin a guide  of some sort before he meets Noam.

We get a reveal that Padan Fain is really...Ishy! He will confront Rand and Moirane. Seeing trailer, I'd say he will use hallucinations of dark Mat to troll Rand. Supergirls and Lan confront Trollocs who attack Fal Dara and win the fight since Shienarans suddenly find themselves needing help from 2 women who are less trained then Amalisa. Perrin looks sad. 

Moiraine dies or goes thru doorway ter'angreal and is assumed dead. Rand claims he killed the Dark One. And at the end, Ishy reveals that he is alive. Seanchan start attack/raid on Tar Valon. 

15 hours ago, Jasnah said:

I think Nynaeve is due for a smack down, trying to channel and finding she's blocked. Egwene is also exceptionally powerful and we really haven't seen any of it. I'm thinking Egwene may be the hero here.

Nah.  Nynaeve will always be able to channel.   Because her secret is that she's always angry.  ?

Didn't see it mentioned so I thought I would ask.

at the 11 second mark we see what appears to be 5 women standing before Tarwins Gap.  We can identify Egwene and Nynaeve fairly easy.  The next in line seems to be wearing Shienarian armour so I am assuming it is Agelmar's sister.  The next two I have zero clue.  One appears to have white hair and the other has black.

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, Skipp said:

Thoughts?

The second one from the left is the Empress Daenerys Reborn, come across the seas post-haste to see a dragon.  The one on the far left is Nynaeve's darker twin, who we learn has always had a thing for men that Nynaeve finds hot, and her hair is unbraided because it was her, not Nynaeve, who hooked up with Lan.

Seriously, though, I do have a very spoilery guess, because of some stuff that was put up on the internet for about five minutes but I managed to snag a glimpse of.

Edited by EmreY

On 12/20/2021 at 8:05 PM, Jaysen Gore said:

Thanks for the compliment☺️

I do see Padan Fain stealing the Horn durinfg the chaos, because its allows the writers to cut out a 2nd smaller shadow spawn attack on Faldara we got in Great hunt(The one Padan fain escaped in). This saves screen time

You raise a good point about Agelmar. So Im changing my Epilogue predictions

Epilogue 1 Day Later

Celebrations all across Fal Dara over the victory.

Nyaneve and Lan have a heartfelt reunion

Egwene and Rand have a heart to heart talk about Rand being the Dragon. Rand softly and sensitively breaks up with Egwene, as he accepts his Fate.

Perrin meets Rand swearing to fight alongside him. Perrin stays behind with Rand as he decide to devote his whole life to defeating the Shadow because of what they did with Leila.

Morainne has a Talk with Min where Min admits she hid things from Morainne to ensure things hits the desired outcome. She reveals she now understands the connection between Rand and the other Emond Fields .The Pattern has tied the EF 5 to Rand to be his greatest allies.LTT had the Hundred Companions and Rand has the EF 5.

Min emphasizes that the missing Fifth one(Mat) has an important role to play in all this, so must be found.

Lan and Morainne reconnect and talk about the upcoming threat of the freed Foresaken

Agelmar reveals something was stolen from the Castle’s most secret vault during the Battle of Tarwins Gap. Something that Fal Dara had hidden from the world long ago to only be used by the Dragon. That something was the Horn of Valere which was stolen by Padan fain during the chaos of the Battle.

They have to recover the Horn and Mat from Padan Fain.

And have to be vigilant about the returning Forsaken.

Closing shot is Mat in captivity with Fain and the Forsaken leaving Shayol ghul

OPENING OF SEASON 2

Season 2 opens a month after Season 1.

1st episode will have

Rand and Perrin training with Lan as they prepared for news about the location of Padan Fain from Morainne’s spies.

Rand is summoned to meet the Amyrlin sit where they discuss Rand being the Dragon and the Importance of the Horn.Rand however is more interested in recovering Matt from Padan Fain

Amyrlin reveals that they have a lead on  Padan Fain location at last and so Rand and Perrin get ready to go on the Great Hunt with a Team of Shienerans

Egwene and Nynaeve prepare to go to Tar Valon.Before they do Lan gives Nynave his signet ring.

Egwene and Rand finally speak to each other after a month of silence since the Breakup.They agree to be friends.

Rest of the episode deals with Rand rescuing Matt and the Horn from Padan Fain as well Egwene learning shes a dreamer on Journey to white Tower.

Edited by LordyLord