DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Season Finale Predictions

Guest Wolfbrother31

So much creativity!  Wow, we could do our own show.  One thing I don't understand is why the predictions that Gabriel's trumpet is hidden in Fal Dara.  Why would  the writers change from the book where the trumpet, banner and a black and white frisbee are found at the great Eye which lies beyond the black gate? I don't understand the thinking.  Can somebody help?  Eventually the trumpet gets ripped off but it has to be found first. IF it was hidden in the basement it would have been used during previous encounters like the Aiel War.   Please don't tell me we are going to skip Agelmar's temptation regarding the trumpet.  

Guest Wolfbrother31
1 hour ago, EmreY said:

Seriously, though, I do have a very spoilery guess, because of some stuff that was put up on the internet for about five minutes but I managed to snag a glimpse of.

Do share.

My first guess would be Siuan & Leane. It would be quite curious to get new/important characters we have not seen before.

I decided to look on IMDB to see if there were any hints in the cast listing, there is a spoiler in the cast list but not about the 5 women.  I was thinking the whitehaired lady might be Verin since she is older, but nothing in the cast list.

Edited by Sabio

Guest Wolfbrother31
1 hour ago, Sabio said:

I decided to look on IMDB to see if there were any hints in the cast listing, there is a spoiler in the cast list but not about the 5 women.  I was thinking the whitehaired lady might be Verin since she is older, but nothing in the cast list.

The spoiler is that we get

Spoiler

Lew Therin Telamon

right?

Or is it also that we're gonna get

Spoiler

the Seanchan

Perhaps the cold open is gonna finally be the Prologue? 

I would recant - many of my criticisms - if they do that. Getting the prologue in the finale...there's some clever irony there.

If the Seanchan were the close - they're definitely going to need to do something clever so that non-readers are asking "Who are those people?" and also feel that "Uh oh. It's really NOT good that they're here!" 

It would be quite interesting to me - if we got Cadsuane already - but if my hot take is correct - it could make sense!

Edited by Wolfbrother31

1 hour ago, Spiritweaver1 said:

So much creativity!  Wow, we could do our own show.  One thing I don't understand is why the predictions that Gabriel's trumpet is hidden in Fal Dara.  Why would  the writers change from the book where the trumpet, banner and a black and white frisbee are found at the great Eye which lies beyond the black gate? I don't understand the thinking.  Can somebody help?  Eventually the trumpet gets ripped off but it has to be found first. IF it was hidden in the basement it would have been used during previous encounters like the Aiel War.   Please don't tell me we are going to skip Agelmar's temptation regarding the trumpet.  

Gabriels Trumpet lol.? Good nickname.

Well if Gabriels Trumpet is at the Eye of the World then it has to be robbed after the Battle of Tarwins Gap

If Gabriels Trumpet is changed to be hidden at Fal Dara on the other hand, the robbery can occur at the same time as the  Battle of Tarwins Gap, thus saving screentime and budget.

As for why Agelmar never used it, my explanation would be that it was sealed in the basement with the One power Long ago, to only open for the Dragon.

Padan Fain to Agelmar's shock however is able to break the basements magical defenses and rob the Vault( Likely using an Item/Power from Mordeth)

5 hours ago, Wolfbrother31 said:

The spoiler is that we get

Hide contents

Lew Therin Telamon

right?

Or is it also that we're gonna get

Hide contents

the Seanchan

Perhaps the cold open is gonna finally be the Prologue? 

I would recant - many of my criticisms - if they do that. Getting the prologue in the finale...there's some clever irony there.

If the Seanchan were the close - they're definitely going to need to do something clever so that non-readers are asking "Who are those people?" and also feel that "Uh oh. It's really NOT good that they're here!" 

It would be quite interesting to me - if we got Cadsuane already - but if my hot take is correct - it could make sense!

Yep 

Spoiler

LTT, Latra Posae, and I assume Lord Yakota is Seanchean

Just now, bryce0110 said:
  Hide contents

Lord Yakota was actually seen in episode 7 in the scene we saw Uno. The actor for Ingtar left the show after season 1 and so he was renamed to Lord Yakota for this season.

Spoiler

Thank you.  I guess chances are pretty slim then to see Seanchean then  I was thinking he was the guy commanding the return, but now that I think of it the name started with a T.  The Ingtar plot line from the book is now Lord Yakota or will a new Ingtar be introduced?  So little of Ingtar has been shown, I think they could easily introduce a new actor and not have too many fans go what???

10 hours ago, Skipp said:

Didn't see it mentioned so I thought I would ask.

at the 11 second mark we see what appears to be 5 women standing before Tarwins Gap.  We can identify Egwene and Nynaeve fairly easy.  The next in line seems to be wearing Shienarian armour so I am assuming it is Agelmar's sister.  The next two I have zero clue.  One appears to have white hair and the other has black.

Thoughts?

I just noticed this on watching the trailer, had to go back and pause multiple times. I don't have any idea, but I'm assuming these are women who can channel...thrown into the fire because the situation is so dire.

8 minutes ago, Sabio said:

The Ingtar plot line from the book is now Lord Yakota or will a new Ingtar be introduced?  So little of Ingtar has been shown, I think they could easily introduce a new actor and not have too many fans go what??

Yeah Ingtar has been re-cast for next season and it is expected he will have a larger plot arc.

On 12/19/2021 at 9:48 AM, Jaysen Gore said:

Another possibility is we get a Fain Montage as the cold open, and the Book prologue is the closing scene, with LTT then talking to Rand as Mo overtones the Dragon rides forth...

Interesting. How LTT is present within Rand is quite intriguing to me. Will he suddenly start whispering to him or will LTT try to assume immediate control? Will the madness be apparent in the whispers? Will there be whimpering? Anger? Regret? How will TV Rand react to the intimidating voice that won't subside? I hope the showrunner gave this some serious thought.

Others seem to think that the Seanchan will make an appearance this season, although I think it would reduce the effect of what will happen at tEotW, the appearance of a/some Forsaken, and Tarwin's Gap. Don't dilute the episode too much! 

(As for next season, I am oddly curious as to how the Seanchan will speak. Will they simply have another european accent or will they have a semi-lispy, slurred, and semi-Texan accent that I imagined in my head? ?  

37 minutes ago, Chivalry said:

I just noticed this on watching the trailer, had to go back and pause multiple times. I don't have any idea, but I'm assuming these are women who can channel...thrown into the fire because the situation is so dire.

I didn't see there were two - almost guaranteed this is Vandene and Adeleas, then, the two sisters Moiraine meets with in book 2.

9 minutes ago, ManetherenTaveren said:

Interesting. How LTT is present within Rand is quite intriguing to me. Will he suddenly start whispering to him or will LTT try to assume immediate control? Will the madness be apparent in the whispers? Will there be whimpering? Anger? Regret? How will TV Rand react to the intimidating voice that won't subside? I hope the showrunner gave this some serious thought.

I'm betting the same way as the guy in the 1st episode cold open with the Reds. Less likely, like the shadows with Logain. Even less likely like Machin Shin without the reverb.

8 hours ago, Wolfbrother31 said:

Do share.

42 minutes ago, Chivalry said:

4 minutes ago, Jaysen Gore said:

I didn't see there were two - almost guaranteed this is Vandene and Adeleas, then, the two sisters Moiraine meets with in book 2.

My guess is along those lines too.

I only hope this episode can balance all the action and make it impactful.  Usually shows don't introduce so many new elements in their final episode.  Here we still dont know much about Ishamael yet.  Having the LTT prologue, age of Legends montage, Padan Fain recap, Tarwins gap battle, Eye of the world battle, Forsaken, horn of valere/banner/seals, cliffhangers, etc. Its going to be ALOT, and that's not even counting green man being in there 

Edited by Pandemonium

23 minutes ago, Pandemonium said:

I only hope this episode can balance all the action and make it impactful.  Usually shows don't introduce so many new elements in their final episode.  Here we still dont know much about Ishamael yet.  Having the LTT prologue, age of Legends montage, Padan Fain recap, Tarwins gap battle, Eye of the world battle, Forsaken, horn of valere/banner/seals, cliffhangers, etc. Its going to be ALOT, and that's not even counting green man being in there 

Don't tease me.

Another thought on the teaser.  We see Perrin still in Fal'Dara so presumably he stays behind.  Last episode he was talking up the Way of the Leaf to Rand.  This episode will test him on that ideal.  I think he might pick up the axe this episode.

Edited by Skipp
grammar

Someone pointed out that Rafe has said we see Narg, and wondered if it is in this episode. I think that one of the Trollocs in Ep1 was Narg, or that he expected him to be included but it has been cut

It made me look back over his statements, and see what else he has promised us that we have yet to see. (Besides a lot of Bela ?

He said we will hear the word saidin. I believe, since LTT and Latra are both cast (we think) that rather than the Prologue being the opening, we will see the first attack on the DO and his retaliation. This shows a lot of the history and lore from the prologue, without giving away that Ishamael is not the Dark One himself. 

He also said we will hear "that line" from the Prologue. I suspect that will also be incorporated into that scene, rather than the prologue itself being shown.