DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

1-Shot Summer Vacation Mafia Game Thread [Standard-ish]

Hallia

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I pretty much missed just more jokes, Z asking me a question, and Crusher trying to explain something to me.  Here we go:

47 minutes ago, Zanatron said:

Why?

I know NB can be total EBOLAIDS as Town but want to hear your reasoning plz.

It's a little meta from JN - he's very snarky and aggressive as scum with a somewhat rude tone, and he doesn't ask many questions....he just makes statements out of the blue.  Now he makes statements like that as town, too, but he asks questions that make you think he's trying to gain information.  Scum don't need any info, so I get a very strong town read from him when he plays like this.

45 minutes ago, Zanatron said:

I hate agreeing with the guy who broke DM but ya thats the first thing that popped into my head.  Lawl

I did NOT break it!!!!  Barm did.

45 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

You can try reading some of my post. 

That's all I had to do?

43 minutes ago, Cory Caboose said:

Barms playing?

You beat me to it.

10 minutes ago, Cory Caboose said:

Crush whats your take on Sooh?

It starts with watching her take over last game in the middle and really present thing very well. Like I mentioned earlier I didn't get that feeling this game and initially blamed it on a possible slow start. She really didn't turn it on last game until a little later. I will say she seems little more generic and not quite as committed to her reads as last game. 

I do agree with krak that her reads do come off as the "obvious" choice in a sense.  Organized the same way most everyone seems to have their reads set to some extent. 

1 hour ago, Verbal32 said:

I was about to say that you're reading too much into it, but then I remembered your post about giving me a "cookie".  I'm happy to try and be less cheeky, but you're gonna need to help me out.  Comments like the cookie one are going to get me into a cheeky type of mood, FYI.

As far as I remember the cookie comment was the only time I said anything cheeky and it was in response to your cheeky comment about the peanut gallery.

1 hour ago, Zanatron said:

And for your Verb thing...i hope you can now see how i felt irt NBs joke push on me.  Hes been completely dead wrong on me the last 3 games now, all 3 ive been Town and the 1st 2 he was also Town, this is the 3rd.

I want to come back to this.  Why do you say "joke push?"

Half SoC half edited

So far Crusher has been posting well and nothing has stood out so far to make me think he's more likely to be a wolf.  Reading back through I've been thinking mostly along his lines so right now I like how he looks and don't want to lynch.

Basically the same wrt NB.  We've been thinking along some similar lines and I don't want to lynch.

Verb idk because idk about his initial reasoning for suspecting me seems to be that I was being goofy rather than humorous?  Tell me if I have that part wrong.  From there it segued into him questioning why I said he was waffley and he didn't respond to my answer (which isn't necessarily AI imo).  There was a moment where Sooh asked Verb about his read on me and he never answered.   We all know he was camping so he might have missed them or I missed his response.  Actually I found his early case for me here but it's before my response (linked above) and later on he doesn't respond to my waffling reason.  I think his early play frames him negatively, but I think his traction/retraction vis-à-vis Zander and Dice and Tina looked town.   His snipes at me frame him in a negative light bc he claimed Cory was doing the same thing to him and used that as reasoning for putting Cory 2nd lowest on his reads list.   I'm waiting to see what shakes out from Verb wrt me and other reads.

Cory idk, depends on Sooh's flip.  I don't mind his earlier nudging of players at this point in the game.

Zander is shading wolf for me atm mostly because of what Dice said, his vote explanation on Dice where he said he voted Dice bc Dice read him as scum but claimed it still wasn't OMGUS (if he explains it more in depth later link it for me pls), and I think Dice was onto something wrt Zander's tone and being forced.  On reread that stood out at times.  The whole "shading me" thing wrt Tina.  His  interactions with NotBob can read as forced in a vacuum.  Take a look at NB's comment and note Zander's response how he'll "actually try for a wolf."  As of now I haven't seen much scumhunting from him, at least not much that's conclusive - leans and not much else (at the time of me writing this Zander still hasn't dropped a vote).  Zander refers to questions of his that NB hasn't yet answered.  NB says this about why he thinks Z is scum, Z again responds with some stuff about how NB isn't trying at all and again refers to his questions that NB hasn't answered.  NB asks him "what points and questions" and Z responds again with how NB isn't trying at all to "actually determine his alignment" without actually asking or quoting the post where he asks questions that he wants NB to answer.  Instead of doing that he posts this which to me looks forced.  NB's push doesn't look like a "joke vote" to me as Z says here and he then doesn't answer me when I ask why it's a joke vote.  To me the whole Z-NB interaction looks like NB dropping a vote and then Zander freaking out and creating a tunnel for NB to walk through while claiming it was NB's creation.  Yeah he voted for Zander but NB has hardly only focused on Z to the detriment of other reads and he kept asking Zander other questions (that I don't recall Z actually answering) throughout their back and forth.

Willing to trust Dice and Nyn's read on Tina for now.  Nothing is really making me think she's a wolf atm.

I think Sooh is most likely to be wolf at this moment.  I wrote the most about Zander in this writeup but I honestly didn't have that planned except that I started looking back at the interaction with NB and it looked worse than I remembered.  I'd want to see Sooh's flip before we lynched Cory and I want to see more Verb interactions before I decide on him either way.  I don't want to lynch Crush, NB, or Tina today.