DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Tainted Minds - A Black Tower Mafia Game: Game over - Town wins

Andrej

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone have a decent amount of familiarity with LZM?

He was mafia in an ongoing game on JN. I've played with him more than I have several others here. Not entirely sure what that is worth read wise though.

My notepad is very confident he is a villager. I am less so on a personal level, but I generally adhere to the notepad, for it is far wiser than me

I'm putting a note to peruse some some wolf games for reference before committing to that read

Put a note to NOT read the JN game. It devolved into personal nonsense.

Hehe. Yeah it did.

Well, I'm back, but it looks like I won't be able to finish this game. Workload piled up too much. I'm reading at top speed right before class starts, up to page 15. So far Nolder doesn't look great cause he's trying to start a train on Sooh based on the disagreement between our stated N0 results even though I openly said I wasn't a cop. I chose that view at random. 

I never tried to start a train on Sooh. I even questioned the usefulness of it. If you want you can call that nudging or whatever but it wasn't my intent.

Also I missed that before about your view. Thanks for making it useless and providing less cover for the rest of us.

I think pondering the setup any deeper is pretty useless on d1. The idea is just to have a safe place for the seers to drop their peeks and nothing further. They may be become useful later in the game; they may not. Nobody knows until we get there.

I agree. Revisit later maybe but that's run it's course.

Well, I'm back, but it looks like I won't be able to finish this game. Workload piled up too much. I'm reading at top speed right before class starts, up to page 15. So far Nolder doesn't look great cause he's trying to start a train on Sooh based on the disagreement between our stated N0 results even though I openly said I wasn't a cop. I chose that view at random. 

I never tried to start a train on Sooh. I even questioned the usefulness of it. If you want you can call that nudging or whatever but it wasn't my intent.

Also I missed that before about your view. Thanks for making it useless and providing less cover for the rest of us.

Look, I'm sorry, but faking doesn't come naturally to me. I prefer to just say what I am and what I think, and to heck with what anyone says about it. That's not changing any time soon. 

Good to know a little more about your thoughts on Sooh. I was reading fast and must have missed the part where you questioned the idea of voting her. Do you have a more nuanced view now that the game has gone on a little more? 

Look, I'm sorry, but faking doesn't come naturally to me. I prefer to just say what I am and what I think, and to heck with what anyone says about it. That's not changing any time soon. 

Good to know a little more about your thoughts on Sooh. I was reading fast and must have missed the part where you questioned the idea of voting her. Do you have a more nuanced view now that the game has gone on a little more? 

nuanced view of what exactly?

Sorry to hear Marsh.

Nolder's idea was not a path I particularly wanted to pursue, but not sure I think if it's wolf indicative for him. He's def a more "heteroclitic" type thinker

Heterowhatnow?

Them's fightin' words?

Definition of heteroclite

1 :a word irregular in inflection; especially :a noun irregular in declension
2 :one that deviates from common forms or rules

:tongue: 

Sorry to hear Marsh.

Nolder's idea was not a path I particularly wanted to pursue, but not sure I think if it's wolf indicative for him. He's def a more "heteroclitic" type thinker

Heterowhatnow?

Them's fightin' words?

Definition of heteroclite

1 :a word irregular in inflection; especially :a noun irregular in declension

2 :one that deviates from common forms or rules

:tongue:

Cmon guy, laymens terms!

Her alignment, I dunno. I'm tone reading her town rn. Honestly I'm partially lost in this game because I don't have time to devote to reading carefully. This two or three hour window that's about to close was the best I could do.

Leyrann - 

Because I'm town.

Well, yeah, if he has your role PM, that's obvious. But hey, guess what, he doesn't. So he doesn't know wheter you're town or scum. His result says innocent, but he knows that he might be insane, or just making it up. So he looks at how you're playing, and he doesn't like that.

This one.

Typically, I reply to posts that are either directed at me or have been recently posted, recently being "one of the last posts in the thread". Considering I've barely had to answer any questions (I'm used to getting a lot more lol), I've been kinda looking for ways to participate. Problem here is that I need a relatively big reference pool in a game before I feel confident making reads on people; typically, that only really starts day 2.

Too much work. Didn't have time for mafia until now and I'm soon going to a meeting. Will be home before dl.

So far what I got is the belief that Marsh and Cory is not m/m.

I think I like Marsh's posts today but will read them again later.

Dice - I'm curious why me viewing myself is typical town Nini. If you are town you can explain it for me after the game. Still want something more from you.

Her alignment, I dunno. I'm tone reading her town rn. Honestly I'm partially lost in this game because I don't have time to devote to reading carefully. This two or three hour window that's about to close was the best I could do.

Mmm no nothing new on Sooh. I thought she got needlessly defensive over what I said but the rest of her gameplay has been pretty normal so far. I'm not willing to hang her over what happened just gonna keep an eye on her for now.

BFG we've played together plenty but I can't say I have any real method of reading you. Would you say you have a method of reading me or are we alien to each other?

I can't actually remember many games we've played :( so I don't know/remember if I have a method of reading you. Given how few reads you share early, and how much harder I find it to read closed players I suspect you're almost always null before I die lol.

This game I can't remember much from you outside the peek thing (I skimmed yesterday's posts very quickly but haven't read properly, so if you have reads/content in there I'll get there on a reread) and the peek thing I would expect from you in either alignment so???

I think this game I saw a few posts I liked from you, but I can't explain it and reads I can't explain are no better than rand so I really have you as null

Which is a very convoluted way of saying 'alien' lol. Although I'm hoping I'll get a real read when I start seeing more of your thought process

I think pondering the setup any deeper is pretty useless on d1. The idea is just to have a safe place for the seers to drop their peeks and nothing further. They may be become useful later in the game; they may not. Nobody knows until we get there.

I don't care that much about the setup atm, but I am concerned that you're arguing that scum can't cop hunt, because although that's ~maybe true today it's not true from tomorrow onwards, because they know how every player will view to a sane or insane cop and the chance of VT providing cover correctly (for more than one phase) is much lower than normal because of the framers. What I'm unsure about is how much outed cops actually matter, beyond the advantage of known roles in an open setup

Up to 28. I can def see myself voting SK here. His post style is different from the game we just finished (Suicide squad, he was scum) but the condescending tone and opaque logic are the same.

My initial town read of SK came from how much of a target he painted on himself, with the vote and claim. But with the meta talk from his last couple of games, I'm wondering if I can hold to that lol

The question is "can we do better?"

A question I aim to answer

We have seven or so hours left and people are active, so a shift is possible for sure. I'm not particularly inclined to move my vote though. SK's posts here read a lot like those in Suicide Squad, which is my main motivation for wanting to lynch him. Resolving all the confusion is a bonus.

How does he compare to WoT Kids?
He's more provocative and condescending. That game he was laid back and gave solid analysis, albeit sporadically.

Wasn't WoT Kidd the one he cc'd LZMs character?

Condescending I'd have to look at/for again lol