DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

World's End Mafia - town wins comprehensively

Pralaya

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zander I love you and I say this only because after the Pizza thing I think you need to reconsider the strength of your general reads especially in terms of Besie.

I know Besie is your friend and you two get along and all that stuff but I thought yesterday it was coloring your read of her severely and I didn't say anything because I wanted a land of happiness and compliance and a village that walked hand in hand. It's part of the reason why I pushed and added fire to the Pizza lynch when I think I really wanted to lynch Tina more.

You can white knight her if you please, but I think there's a decent enough chance you are wrong, especially if Nolder/Nikon are villagers. One of the things I realized separating my "line" is how much more comfortable I am with my village leans both A) straightforward and B) conditionally upon further flips.

Please consider this.

I think she is town but I do agree i think Znaders view is rose tinted

Kinda feels like Dice is lurking creepily in that pic tho.......

I cant even see the picture!!!!!!

note come back to 115 when i get home!

So he thinks Besie is Twon but then states that he thinks im reading from the fact we are friends away from the game.  But then said something like im smudging him to pocket a scummate later on......as part of his reason for voting me??!!!

I think she is town but I do agree i think Znaders view is rose tinted

I've been more unsettled than I've let on mostly for Zander's sake on d1. Handshake is a handshake.

Honestly I'm getting the HoC Cass feeling about the situation but I'm not at the level of confidence where I want to put my foot down about it since I know I can at least complain during night phases later even if I die :D

Can you give me like a mental snippet of why you think she's town?

for me its the attitude. Shes saying what she thinks, isnt backing down. see her little go with pizza. Theres been a couple of things where shes been uncertain but on the whole I think she is town. And when she speaks i hear BESIE. she sounds pretty normal.

Granted Ive played one game but I am basing that tone read off skype convos and the Band forum

Reading Besie Town

Im hoping you saw what my preference for you vote was pizza

Im hoping you saw what my preference for you vote was pizza

I'm sure I can look it up, I did see it the first time but it's not the top of my mind at the moment.

I'm balls deep in the re-read.

What was it?

shad

So heres confirming to Pizza he wants SHAD shot first!!!!

Town

Dice     dont like it bite me

BFG

Lenlo

nolder

zander

nikon

Scum

Shad

Reads List Shad top scum....me null with Nikon in between.

You don't seem excited for someone who woke up to two dead wolves.

im torn between spewing that I didnt get to get on Tinas lynch and focussing on this last lynch cause i got a bad feeling theres shenigans going on.

that shad voting zander bit seems too obvious. Im still gonna lynch him caus i  think he is scum but IF he flips town then it plus my own thoughts starts raising questions.

However its Shad first tinfoil later

Just read this for yourselves

@Z-der

LOL Dice! Hi everyone :happy:

Are you town????!!!!

Yes. Wow, jumping right into it, aren't you? Lol.

@Sooh

MWAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

My reaction to reading my role PM

Zander <3

He's not lying..

Also hi and Merry Christmas to the peoples :smile:

Besie <3

Sooh! ♡♡♡

Merry Christmas to you too.

@Tina

Here! Haven´t played for months so I feel a bit rusty.

That doesn´t stop me from voting Dice though. :D

[v] Dice [/v]

Hi Besie! I don´t think I have played with you before.

Hi Tina! This is only my second game. I'm excited.

@Cory

merry christmas frands :)

Merry Christmas, Cory ♡

3rd spoiler to Tina.....lololololol if the wolf team is Tina Besie and Dice!!!!!

well you wont be lololololing as that isnt possible.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Ignore mode on a bunch of people right now.

Will give it a brief look.

sadface.gif Don't ignore me!

I will, however, give my little townies a decent shot. I'll be back later, so miss-votes won't be attacked.

No, I'm just sort of surprised that you finally let go of Lenlo right after it was revealed that three wolves didn't end the game.

Hell, you accused him of being 3P at some point according to notepad.

Feel like as a villager you turn on the blinders against him, but instead you're sort of letting him go after being convinced of his alignment pretty much all game.

Even when you voted Tina it was because "honoring the dead felt more important than following your lead on Lenlo".

What actually changed your mind?

O..k...

I'm still not able to do anything for the next several hours. Let me know if there's anything you want/need/help with.

Still think Dice is town, can do research and show that later on. Still trust Sooh :)

Nikon!

Do you think you could briefly summarize your thoughts over all?

and irt Besie being 'tied' to Zander they were hydras in the game Len was referring to

Im waiting for the same thing.  What were your thoughts in general concerning his posts?

I think he points out some things that seem like odd observations in the context of fulltime DM mafia but might strike someone new as fishy?  Like taking issue with idea that if Cory and Pizza are both alive late in a game something is wrong.  But maybe more importantly: I kind of hate that so many people have rolled with the assumption that Lenlo was suggesting we lynch the strongest town player in the game D1 --there was maybe a minute or two where I thought did he just say that but then I realized it was Lenlo and even if he was scum that couldn't have been what he actually meant to say-- but I can't help but think scum would be a little beyond that topic by now?  Like, someone who subbed in today as scum and did a modest skim to make sure he didn't facepalm out the gate should probably recognize that it's just not a good topic to argue at this point.  And I don't know if that lack of awareness before posting makes him town, but if he's scum he's rather oblivious scum.  It's something to consider at least.

This is a good example of a post I want to skip.

Too wordy and in one big chunk.

It's not even a wall of text it's just a chunk of text and that can be even worse in some cases.

Try spacing your points out a bit. Like...here let me restructure what you wrote.

I think he points out some things that seem like odd observations in the context of fulltime DM mafia but might strike someone new as fishy?  

Like taking issue with idea that if Cory and Pizza are both alive late in a game something is wrong.  

But maybe more importantly: I kind of hate that so many people have rolled with the assumption that Lenlo was suggesting we lynch the strongest town player in the game D1 --there was maybe a minute or two where I thought did he just say that but then I realized it was Lenlo and even if he was scum that couldn't have been what he actually meant to say-- but I can't help but think scum would be a little beyond that topic by now?

Like, someone who subbed in today as scum and did a modest skim to make sure he didn't facepalm out the gate should probably recognize that it's just not a good topic to argue at this point.  And I don't know if that lack of awareness before posting makes him town, but if he's scum he's rather oblivious scum.  It's something to consider at least.

Btw, re: Lenlo

I think you're wrong and making excuses for him because you can't believe he'd suggest something so blatantly scummy.

This reads wolf/wolf to me on about 7 levels. Wombat/Cass all over again.

This as well:

I would shoot Pizza.  Backing off of Lenlo pretty well negated all the reasons I didn't think he would do what he was doing as scum.

But in the meantime, I'm itching to [v]Nolder[/v].

He was scrappy as hell throughout NBC, and if it left me with a scum lean on him for most of the game there was a thread of towniness to it that prevented him from ever getting mislynched.  I haven't felt any of that attitude here and it's starting to worry me.

Hahaha what? This is funny because I addressed this line of thinking in the last game where you and others hounded me all game and were wrong.

I mean in the end you made the right decision and never dropped the hammer but the pressure was there all game.

Anyway like I said last game you can't just compare attitudes from game to game. I know people like to think they can but they just can't.

Let's say you're mafia 4 times in a row like I was before I went on break. The first game you're going to have a fresh attitude but the 4th game you might just be exhausted of the same role and it has nothing to do with being scum or town necessarily nor does it have anything to do with meta. How you act from game to game is like 1 part meta 2 parts unique randomness based on irl feelings and 1 part the people/mechanics/etc imo.

Point is comparing attitudes from game to game is even worse than comparing meta which is unreliable in the first place because people act different from game to game even with the same roles. Why don't you focus on things I've done in this game rather than my attitude from last game?  

@Nolder I would say it entailed a lot of uh-huhnuh-uh! by the end, beyond the point where I would expect a town player to suddenly have some sort of epiphany and back off.  But Pizza also laid out his case on Lenlo pretty explicitly in the process, and I don't know that you can really solve his slot without reading it.  I struggle to accept 'wanting a NK vote count = scum grasping for information' as an honest thought, and he was pretty committed to this when I questioned him.  Curious where you stand on Pizza and why.

Not on D1 maybe. But I'm willing to have less of a read on Nomi at the start of D2 if it means not having to read their essays to each other.

Yes that's me just being a selfish player but I'd rather keep my sanity and get lynched. Sorry.

Compare to something like this, where he is talking to a villager pressing him:

If I had to pick one villager out of the five it'd probably be Nolder.

With that said, the gap between him and BFG/Zander/Lenlo/Dice/Sooh is large.

I believe in the line.

Still think Lenlo is obv scum and BFG is your deep wolf.
Time will tell though.

I think it's sort of weird you spent a lot of Day 1 saying "I'm kind of hoping Cory solves the game for me lololol" yet you refuse to even consider my top read of the game when it's someone A) I reliably read well and B) someone I'm extremely confident in my read on.

Can csarmi jump in and give the statistic trend to exactly how often I am wrong when I am this confident in a villager read?

It's basically the thing I am actually famous for in this silly little internet yelling game.

You probably think it's weird because it's a figment of your imagination.

In fact I spent a lot of Day 1 quietly observing you, only engaging when asked something directly or to play hypothetical "what if" games.

I've alluded to this fact at least twice if not more.

I grudgingly admit you're a villager at EoD and hold by it but in all honesty Cory I don't like how you played.

You set yourself up as town leader early, not by having town equity but by virtue of buddying Xander and then declaring you'd allow people to enter your village. I've come to the conclusion this was just your way of bullying your way into being town read by others because that's what you do but this game in particular I didn't like your methods. You will do what you have to do to get other villagers on your side whether you've earned that trust or not. It's a good strong way of playing and only very charismatic people can pull it off but you have to understand there are times when it just looks like a wolf edging in for control of the popular opinion. And that's what it looked like to me. I've been interested to see who else you'd let into your circle of trust and while I ended up not liking most of those choices I've come to read you as a villager regardless. Fair warning there may come a point late in the game, if you and I are still alive, that I'll tinfoil on you like Xander started to. But that's later.

And maybe you're not wrong often when you're this convinced but I'm sure it still happens.

They're called flukes for a reason.

Nolder's narrative on Shad doesn't feel remotely genuine.

I'm on page 15 and it already looks terrible for Nolder.

Tina voted Dice
Tina votes Lenlo, wonders why Lenlo isn't voting for Dice.
+1 Dice
-1 Nolder 243
+1 Lenlo
-1 Nolder 255
-1 Nolder 255
-1 Nolder 255
-1 Nolder 256
-1 Nolder 281

I could be tunneling again but 255, 256, and 281 look really terrible in retrospect knowing the three goons that flipped so far.

Pizza I want to keep reading but my mind is basically made up and I doubt it changes.

Reading Age of Legends now to confirm some mannerism-related things but another thing that stuck out was his persistence on Lenlo is almost exactly something he does often as a wolf where he pretends not to understand simple concepts.

I don't think you understand how I worked this out so let me break it down bit by bit for you.

Your question was out of these 4 people I need 1 villager.

Those people were: Me, Nikon, Dice, Lenlo

You don't trust me. You haven't trusted me all game.

So I'm eliminated.

That leaves us with 3.

Ok let's eliminate Dice now since how can you trust him after what just happened with Xander?

Nikon has no content.

You CANNOT reliably say he's a villager.

That leaves you with Lenlo.

Now, it is my belief that Lenlo has more baggage than me.

I believe I am more trustworthy in this situation.

But you have already made it clear through this whole game that you do not consider him scummy for his bad plan on D1.

You have also made it clear through this whole game that you've never fully trusted me.

I am aware of these facts.

So your choice is Lenlo.

If it's my choice the answer is me.

I am the obvious villager.

But that wasn't the question.

The question was who is Cory's villager.

I hope this isn't coming off as condescending because I see that tone here but that's not my intention.

I just want you to understand where I'm coming from.

If you can get past whatever your hangup is with me that's awesome and you wont be wrong but given that I don't think that's going to happen YOUR obvious choice is Lenlo.

I hope that makes sense now.

At this point I just know I'm not budging here. Everyone else has strong points as to why they are a villager besides maybe Nikon and he's got Shad spew.

I have literally nothing solid for Nolder.

Sorry if I'm wrong but nothing I read further is going to change my mind. If I'm wrong I'd take out Nikon tomorrow.

At this point I just know I'm not budging here. Everyone else has strong points as to why they are a villager besides maybe Nikon and he's got Shad spew.

I have literally nothing solid for Nolder.

Sorry if I'm wrong but nothing I read further is going to change my mind. If I'm wrong I'd take out Nikon tomorrow.

Thank you. That's exactly my point.

yeah Dice i wasnt impressed with the KISS Bashing either!!!!!

too late to suck up now!  Your a dead man!

This is based off of my posting a Hansen music video

(Should I just assume pizza is going to vote Shad)

no

Pizza I want you to hammer zander

Why?........You havent really given many..if any reasons for this.

(Should I just assume pizza is going to vote Shad)

no

Pizza I want you to hammer zander

pretty wolfy post from Dice....loololololololol

im quite serious.

you are ONLY serious if youre scum..... Theres NO WAY Town!Dice thinks theres any chance im scummier then Shad after he completely mailed it in and lolcatted and stopped defending himself or anything else..... AND add the fact that both Cory and Pizza who are confirmed Town and GOAT feel like im Town as well.  NO WAY IN HELL

Oh theres a way   and i am NOT scum. Not 3p either.

[/spolier]

What way is that Dice???

im not saying a word.

will explain come day

Does anyone else feel this is a soft claim at something?  Like if im a tinfoil for him...youd think Town!Dice prolly explains why when goes on saying what claim, where did I claim blah blah blah.

you seem a bit upset zander

or is that worried???

I wasnt at the time but #TOWNFAILSAPLENTY occurs after so I guess Id like a do over on this one......smh.

tell me what I claimed zander

tell me

cmon

cause the ONLY things ive claimed is that Im town and that i want pizza to hammer you and that i WILL vote shad tomorrow

waiting for the claims there zander

you want me to shutup   fine  i will shut up

Claim crap.....But what strikes me the most is WHEN DOES TOWN!DICE EVER BACK OFF LIKE THAT.....ESPECIALLY WHEN I STILL WAS JOKING WITH BECAUSE I WAS SURE (LOL ME) PIZZA KNEW WHAT TO DO????!!!!

Unless we've made a terrible mistake with the numbers it's not a big deal.

You lynch me and then lynch Nikon.

Speaking of which can I finish my ISO on Nikon before you murder me?

I wont be able to speak during the day so I want to get my thoughts out there for everyone left.

Archived