DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Harry Potter Week] Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone Mafia - GAME OVER - TOWN WINS

Songstress

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Before I go into something longer, two things I want ot put out there:

1) Dice - who are you saying had good tone, and who are you insinuating didn't?  

2) Laine - That underlined statement was about me saying "Hallia hasn't even checked in".  I took Hallia's "Oh, I've checked in!" post to be in response to my statement to BFG about your vote, basically pointing out that what I said was inaccurate.  I was thinking Hallia hadn't checked in, meaning she had not posted on D1 prior to you voting her.  Obviously that's not what I typed, so I was owning up to the mistake.

I'm just curious Alannalyn.

You seemed shocked by the vote. Just a strange reaction.
[v]Hallia[/v]

I thought so too, but I think it's because it sounded like a fake reaction, rather than just being completely blown away by it.

Yeah that's kinda what I was getting at... kinda knee jerk like he's surprised to get a vote but doesn't know how to play it off?

Lol why you voting for me Clov!

This post (and the follow up with Dice, and the 'play nice' or similar comment following Dice's null reaction) suggest that she was finding it scummy. I appreciate this post comes a couple of posts after the vote on Hallia, but Cairos doesn't post inbetween (although he does before she talks to Dice).

The follow up on your vote looks good for early game play; the vote on Hallia (which I assumed to be a joke? (although I think it was a reaction fish now)) goes back to the fluff phase. The two in the same post looked odd together, hence the question.

Bold is what's really giving me trouble.  There was no follow up on Laine's vote - nothing of importance anyway.

Chopping nested quotes, because irrelevant and we all know what they say.

You seemed shocked by the vote. Just a strange reaction.

[v]Hallia[/v]

Vote.

[v]Hallia[/v]

I love you too  :wub:

Reply.

[v]Hallia[/v]

<3 [unvote]

And that's the end of it.  She later argued she wanted to see how Hallia reacted to it - I don't have any reason to doubt that, given how the vote game - but I'm not seeing this follow up that you think is painting her in a good light.  I see nothing negative about it, either...it's just kind of there.  Given the point of the game it occurred, that's perfectly fine.  But how are you getting something more than that?

CLOV  are you talking about my  "unlike someone else" post?  cause thats a dig at laine based off the belicheck game

Okay.  Who are you saying was okay?  And more importantly, since it's a dig based on another game... was there any truth to it, or were you just making a joke?

[v]Hallia[/v]

I thought so too, but I think it's because it sounded like a fake reaction, rather than just being completely blown away by it.

Yeah that's kinda what I was getting at... kinda knee jerk like he's surprised to get a vote but doesn't know how to play it off?

This post (and the follow up with Dice, and the 'play nice' or similar comment following Dice's null reaction) suggest that she was finding it scummy. I appreciate this post comes a couple of posts after the vote on Hallia, but Cairos doesn't post inbetween (although he does before she talks to Dice).

The follow up on your vote looks good for early game play; the vote on Hallia (which I assumed to be a joke? (although I think it was a reaction fish now)) goes back to the fluff phase. The two in the same post looked odd together, hence the question.

Bold is what's really giving me trouble.  There was no follow up on Laine's vote - nothing of importance anyway.

[v]Hallia[/v]

Vote.

[v]Hallia[/v]

Reply.

[v]Hallia[/v]

<3 [unvote]

And that's the end of it.  She later argued she wanted to see how Hallia reacted to it - I don't have any reason to doubt that, given how the vote game - but I'm not seeing this follow up that you think is painting her in a good light.  I see nothing negative about it, either...it's just kind of there.  Given the point of the game it occurred, that's perfectly fine.  But how are you getting something more than that?

Follow up to your vote. (Your vote on Cairos)

CLOV  are you talking about my  "unlike someone else" post?  cause thats a dig at laine based off the belicheck game

Okay.  Who are you saying was okay?  And more importantly, since it's a dig based on another game... was there any truth to it, or were you just making a joke?

I thought Cairos reply was null. It seemed fair enuff thing to say. he wasnt agressive he wasnt playing the injured party. he just asked why. And you HADNT given a reason so again fair enuff

and the statement was based on something totally true lol.  I voted laine with a joke vote there she responded in a way i didnt like.. My vote sat there for 2 days cause I jumped on her reply. she flipped mafia on D2 hence the dig at her and hence her saying shes ignoring me now in response. 

[v]Hallia[/v]

[v]Hallia[/v]

Vote.

[v]Hallia[/v]

Reply.

[v]Hallia[/v]

<3 [unvote]

Follow up to your vote. (Your vote on Cairos)

EBWOP,

Given the sentence/paragraph as a whole clearly refers to your vote and the vote on Hallia as separate, I'm not sure where you're confused? It also goes back to my original question to Laine - although I'd rather not start that conversation again :dry:

Wow I celebrate my friends birthday and I come back to being very confused. But then again I'm always confused day one because it's hard. I've read it over but I'll read over it again in case I missed something or have any input.

Happy birthday Moddess!!! Hope it's a good one!

All right, I'm on cold medicine right now, so all I really want to do is sleep and be able to at least breathe a little bit.  Apologies if I don't make any sense.  This is just mostly what I've noticed as I've read through.

I'm feeling alright on the interactions between Laine and BFG, I think I can see where they're both coming from.  I do think it was interesting how Laine felt that her posts were being explained for her, and I think that reaction is understandable - given that she was present and someone else was interpreting her words for her.

I'm also liking Dice's responses to Clov as well.  They seem sensible to me.  Cairos' response to Clov's vote on him does seem excessive at first glance, but with no explanation, the fact that day 1 had just started, and the fact that he hasn't played online for a while make me believe that it is more genuine curiosity.

Clov is asking questions that for me at least, seem intended to clarify things and make people respond definitively toward things he brings up.  I haven't noticed a lot of fence-sitting, but he looks like he's trying to eliminate any of that, so he's looking good in my book.

That's all I've been able to focus on right now.  I'm hoping that I'm feeling better so I can come back and look through things with a clearer head and dig through for quotes to put more concrete things together.  But feel free to ask me any questions you want, I'll do my best to answer.

Wow I celebrate my friends birthday and I come back to being very confused. But then again I'm always confused day one because it's hard. I've read it over but I'll read over it again in case I missed something or have any input.

Happy birthday Moddess!!! Hope it's a good one!

Thanks Lessa!  So far so good!  I got to sleep in since I took the day off work, and will be going out to dinner with some friends shortly.

The top nested quote was one of her posts.  When I re-read it, I guess I just automatically assumed that "you" would be attributed to her because of that.

I think we're all drowning in quote hell at this point.

I thought Cairos reply was null. It seemed fair enuff thing to say. he wasnt agressive he wasnt playing the injured party. he just asked why. And you HADNT given a reason so again fair enuff

and the statement was based on something totally true lol.  I voted laine with a joke vote there she responded in a way i didnt like.. My vote sat there for 2 days cause I jumped on her reply. she flipped mafia on D2 hence the dig at her and hence her saying shes ignoring me now in response. 

That's not what I meant by having truth to it...  :dry:

All right, I'm on cold medicine right now, so all I really want to do is sleep and be able to at least breathe a little bit.  Apologies if I don't make any sense.  This is just mostly what I've noticed as I've read through.

I'm feeling alright on the interactions between Laine and BFG, I think I can see where they're both coming from.  I do think it was interesting how Laine felt that her posts were being explained for her, and I think that reaction is understandable - given that she was present and someone else was interpreting her words for her.

I'm also liking Dice's responses to Clov as well.  They seem sensible to me.  Cairos' response to Clov's vote on him does seem excessive at first glance, but with no explanation, the fact that day 1 had just started, and the fact that he hasn't played online for a while make me believe that it is more genuine curiosity.

Clov is asking questions that for me at least, seem intended to clarify things and make people respond definitively toward things he brings up.  I haven't noticed a lot of fence-sitting, but he looks like he's trying to eliminate any of that, so he's looking good in my book.

That's all I've been able to focus on right now.  I'm hoping that I'm feeling better so I can come back and look through things with a clearer head and dig through for quotes to put more concrete things together.  But feel free to ask me any questions you want, I'll do my best to answer.

I think this sounds pretty good, but I'm not entirely with you IRT to Dice.  I appreciated him following up with me and his answers make sense, but I kind of feel like he skirted around answering about Laine this game.  He said there's truth to it, and I guess that's true in the sense that he's talking about something that already happened (i.e., what happened in the football game), but I thought it was pretty obvious I was asking if he feels her tone is bad THIS game.  He didn't confirm or deny that.

Hey all..sorry I didn't make it on today. I ended up staying home from work. I have pink eye! It's awful! So I'm doing this with one eye!

Happy Birthday Tress!

Not sure I'm following a lot of the WOT. But then I never have been a fan of that. Plus the META talk is wasted on me, I have no idea what you guys are referring to! 

BFG...I'm pretty sure we've been in a game or two together before. It's been a while! 

Archived