DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ending of the the Final Book

wheat42685

Didn't one of his blog updates mention something about the "outrigger" Novels being in the WOT universe and suggesting maybe that Mat and Tuon are in them..

Yes, he did suggest that the first outriger novel would be about Mat and Tuon, however, there will be a ten year gap between AMoL and that book. So I guess when he says he'll leave a hook he means it will suggest that there might be another book occuring right after AMoL.

Here is for you jokers making fun of the 50" sword.

"The two-handed sword was a specialized and effective infantry weapon, and was recognized as such in the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries. Although large, measuring 60-70 in/150-175 cm overall, it was not as hefty as it looked, weighing something of the order of 5-8 lbs/2.3-3.6 kg.

The hand and half sword, bastard, was on average 50 inches. Ok?

Hell yeah I wanna see the 50 inch sword in Shai'tans throat as well. Maybe a couple arrows in his ass and a broken bottle sticking out his forehead too you know how bar fights get sometimes.

Heres my ending:

Rand runs up the slope of Shayol Ghul slips hits his head and bites a hole through his tongue bleeding on the slopes of Shayol Ghul.

"Why do you wish to fight me Rand al Thor? What have I done to you? I can give you everything you wish for so long as I am free." Whispers the Dark One as he steps out from his prison behind the Bore.

Rand lies there twitching and bleeding from the mouth.

Shai'tan waves his hand and Rand is restored to full health and the scenery changes from the dismal twilight of Shayol Ghul to the lively commotion of a raging common room.

Rand looks at the Dark One and says "Lets have a drink."

"It's on me" says the Dark One.

Rand says, "I'll have a Bud Light then old boy."

After consuming his Bud Light he breaks the bottle and stabs it into Shai'tans forehead. When the DO doesn't go down he takes his sword out and stabs it into the DO's neck until he passes out.

After a few more drinks Rand and a couple other of the good ol boys like Mat and Perrin hoist the DO up and bring him outside for a little target practice. They put the top 1/2 of him through a tire swing they made from a wagon wheel and walk to 300 paces and see who can make a bullseye. After a few hours of this they go back inside grab a couple whores each and start committing adultry just like the Creator intended. They know he intended it because Rand said so and Rand is the Creator made flesh.

The end...

Yeah I am a piss poor writer, but oh well it happens.

Guest cwestervelt
Here is for you jokers making fun of the 50" sword.

"The two-handed sword was a specialized and effective infantry weapon' date=' and was recognized as such in the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries. Although large, measuring 60-70 in/150-175 cm overall, it was not as hefty as it looked, weighing something of the order of 5-8 lbs/2.3-3.6 kg.

The hand and half sword, bastard, was on average 50 inches. Ok?[/quote']

That's talking European meat cleavers. A 50 inch version is of a Heron Mark blade is rather amusing. You don't need to get offended by it.

Descriptions of Heron Mark blades, particularly the slightly curved blade and two handed usage, is indicative of a sword similar to a katana, the epitomy of swords. This is reinforced by Jordan stating that he modeled the sword forms in The Wheel of Time on Japanese and Chinese sword forms. With that type of sword, your looking at an average blade length of 75 cms (29.5 inches) and a weight of 1 to 1.5 Kgs (2 - 3 pounds). After all, it's not the size that counts, it's how you use it.

References:

http://www.dragonmount.com/RobertJordan/?m=200601

http://www.answers.com/topic/japanese-sword

No offense everyone, but i hope none of you have too much influence with RJ...

I'll probably commit suicide if the ending is like any one of these... no i probably won't, who's kidding who...

and no, i don't have a suggestion for an ending myself, i prefer to wait and be totally and completely blown away. :D

Hear hear. I want the ending to be different, not a cliche. And most of these ideas are rather... upsetting, to say the least. That, and some of them are just plain hilarious ;)

I hope he doesn't leave TOO many loose ends. And it better not be a cliffhanger. I HATE those. And actually, he is writing another book, just not another one that's technically in the series. Actually, he's writing a few more. One is about Tam and his wife (I forget her name), and another is about Mat and Tuon. This is in one of his blog entries I read.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

how does this sound for the ending - After dying at shayle gool, Rand wakes up in bed in his apartment, rolls over and tells Suzanne Pleshette that he's just had the strangest dream. Oh wait, maybe I heard that one before.

Last Line:

The Wheel of Time turns...

Could be' date=' but I think the last line will be:

[b']________ was not the ending. There are neither beginings nor endings in the turning of The Wheel of Time. But it was an ending.[/b]

yeah i can see that

So I guess when he says he'll leave a hook he means it will suggest that there might be another book occuring right after AMoL.

I think RJ said somewhere that he'll do this so his readers will get the impression that tWOT is still going on

Oh, as for the last line

There and Back again

as seen by Bela

:wink:

how does this sound for the ending - After dying at shayle gool' date=' Rand wakes up in bed in his apartment, rolls over and tells Suzanne Pleshette that he's just had the strangest dream. Oh wait, maybe I heard that one before.[/quote']

:lol:

I should be too young to recognize that, but I'm weird.

Archived