DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Ending of the the Final Book

wheat42685

Been thinking about this for a while but I have never posted yet so here goes.

Final lines are read and the series ends. Epilogue is a woman reading from a very old and large book. She is sitting with children reading and or teaching. The book closes and on the cover you see

"The Wheel of Time"

by

Loial son of Arent son of Halan

sort of corny end but I would love it. just my 2 cents

Final lines are read and the series ends. Epilogue is a woman reading from a very old and large book. She is sitting with children reading and or teaching. The book closes and on the cover you see

"The Wheel of Time"

by

Thats how David Eddings ended his set of two series. Lets not go down that path ;)

"The Wheel of Time"

by

I'm dreading that it ends just like that. Someone just writing a book and all this stuff we've all obsessed over is just a fiction within a fiction. That would suck. Or something like "taken from the manuscript found in a stasis box from the previous age" and all of our friends are long dead and dust.

It seems to me that RJ tends to go against what you expect. The Aiel have similarities to the American Indian but have a Celtic look about them. Different than what you would expect. I seem to remember a blog of his where he says something to the effect that he deliberately made the Aiel look different than most expectations.

So...I think his ending is going to be a surprise and a bit shocking. Not boring like a fiction in a fiction. How cliche! :-))

Nah, it won't end that way. RJ has stated on many occasions that the ending will not be that tightly wraped up, and there will still be some unresolved loose ends. He even went as far as to say that he will leave a hook that will suggest that their might be another book (but there will not be). His reason for this it that he wants to leave us with the impression that this world is still alive and moving along somewhere out there. So having the story end with someone closing a book would be too much of a definitive end.

"The Wheel of Time"

by

Thats how David Eddings ended his set of two series. Lets not go down that path ;)

Actually, I think that only refers to the books Belgerath and Polgara, and not the 2 main series.

The wind became a breeze, and then calm. The calm was an end. Not the end, but an end, for there are no...

OK, so the same old windy beginning finally got to me. Pretty bad, huh?

Don't lay the "book" at Eddings' doorstep; it's been used many times before and since. Pierre Boulle used a manuscript floating in space for "The Planet of the Apes" (the book, not the movie). Edgar Rice Burroughs used it. H. G. Wells used it. Before them...

The ending really depends on what endgame RJ chooses. I favor: Rand dies and ends up in TAR, then gets ripped out of it, collapsing in front of his three women. Min runs over to him, starts helping him up, mutters, "Let's go home, shepherder."

Could be worse...

"The Wheel of Time"

by

Actually' date=' I think that only refers to the books Belgerath and Polgara, and not the 2 main series.[/quote']

Nah, I've read them dozens of times. It ended like a story around a campfire.

... we all know how it going to end.

Rand lives/dies and a wind blows over a mountain and through a valley to a place known only as the Two

Rivers. Some called it the third age, or the beginning of the fourth age.

Who cares anymore? I want to see 50 inches of Heron marked steel sticking out of Shai'tans throat. That is all. Let's end this.

Nah' date=' it won't end that way. RJ has stated on many occasions that the ending will not be that tightly wraped up, and there will still be some unresolved loose ends. He even went as far as to say that he will leave a hook that will suggest that their might be another book (but there will not be). His reason for this it that he wants to leave us with the impression that this world is still alive and moving along somewhere out there. So having the story end with someone closing a book would be too much of a definitive end.[/quote']

So it will end like this: And Rand completely lacks resolve so he lost it ending everything.

How's that for unresolved loose ends?

I love:

"And so Rand went truly bonkers" and

"the end"

There should be a moral at the end though:

1) Never touch the taint

2) Don't touch a girl with pony tails

3) If your friend has yellow eyes, dont ask him how

the wolves are doing. Take him to the hospital; he has jaundice

4) If you gamble with a friend and he wins every time, invite your pal Enzo over to see what he thinks

5) If a bunch of women wearing multi-colored stoles surround you, leave. Your Grandmothers friends hate you anyway

6) When you are done reading the last book, start over again with the first because you will be lost

7) RJ rules for putting so much time and effort into this and resolving (?) what he started.

Guest Barmacral
Who cares anymore? I want to see 50 inches of Heron marked steel sticking out of Shai'tans throat. That is all. Let's end this.

And suddenly the entire forum seemed to lurch...

I would be happy with any ending as long as RJ writes it himself and it doesn't put finality into the timeline. I want to imagine the story moving on...

Oh, and 1 more thing. I'd like Moghedien to somehow break free of the mindtrap and kick some Aes Sedai @$$ before the Last Battle ends. 8)

"and thats how the Dark One destroyed the Wheel. The End."

I'm not really advocating that' date=' so put down those rocks you just picked up.

:D I would be hilarious though.[/quote']

Yeah, that's the kind of sick, twisted humor that I can really appreciate. I love it when the bad guy wins at the end of the movie, because its so rare.

Of course, it wouldn't read like that. More like...

"... and that's how the Great Lord finally broke free of his prison, destroyed his captors, and came to rule over all of us."

Nah, it won't end that way. RJ has stated on many occasions that the ending will not be that tightly wraped up, and there will still be some unresolved loose ends. He even went as far as to say that he will leave a hook that will suggest that their might be another book (but there will not be).

Didn't one of his blog updates mention something about the "outrigger" Novels being in the WOT universe and suggesting maybe that Mat and Tuon are in them..

Archived