DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

June Sign in!

U4ea

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE KIN!!! 

We're 8 years old this month! :-D

So, what's your favorite party game?

Please remember to ONLY POST ONCE IN THIS THREAD! It is used for the monthly report I have to turn in and has to be accurate! If you'd like to comment on something in this thread, please continue to the June Chatter Box thread and post away! 

Um. I'm rather fond of Cards Against Humanity, Apples to Apples and other associative games.

Here's a game I made to describe what it's like being an introvert at a party.

Break the Ice: A Game About Torturing Yourself

Sample cards (Distractions):

1. Sit there awkwardly.

2. Wish you could go talk to that attractive woman, but instead walk to the bathroom.

3. Pretend to analyze the prints on the walls. They're never-before-seen masterpieces. View them again.

4. Refresh your nearly-full drink.

5. Suddenly remember an errand you had to run. The lamer the better.

6. Cling to the hosts, because they're the only ones you know.

7. Mentally flip through trite openers: weather, local sports team, etc... Tell yourself you're better than that.

Successfully completed Distractions result in Anxiety Points.  Each Introvert can attempt up to three Distractions in a round.  At the end of each round, the Introvert with the most Anxiety Points draws an Awkward One Liner event card and can play it against another Introvert of his choice.  Awkward One Liner event card consists of multiple choice pregenerated dialogues; initiating Introvert attempts to arrange them to create an Awkward One Liner.  All other Introverts EXCEPT the Initiating and Target Introverts vote either YAY or NAY.  In the case of a tie, the target Introvert can cast a vote.  If the vote is in favor of the Initiating Introvert, the target introvert is penalized the sum total of the Initiates Anxiety Points.  If the vote is against him, then he is penalized double his original pool of Anxiety Points.  For example, Ian Curtis says to Jane Goodall, "So I heard you like Mudkips..."  The other players vote YAY in favor of Ian Curtis and Jane Goodall gets all of Ian's Anxiety Points.  If the vote had been cast NAY, Ian Curtis would double his Anxiety Points.  Upon reaching twenty-three Anxiety Points, the Introvert is removed from the game and play continues until only one Introvert is left alone on an empty playing field with a pile of Anxiety Points.

Here! Back from my California trip. 

Hrmm... favorite party game. Well my best friends and I in high school used to act out "The Complete Works of William Shakespeare Abridged" For fun....not sure that's a game, but it was a blast! 

Favorite board games for parties: Lord of the Rings Trivial Pursuit, Shakespeare the Board Game, Rummicub. 

• 2 weeks later...

here

Happy Birthday Nyn and to the Kin

Hiarth, you are so awesome, I just love reading your posts, and what a clever game, have you actually tried it yet?

Neeto, *waves* hiya

• 2 weeks later...

Archived