DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What fantasy pet(s) would you have if you could?

Elgee

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So it's kind of funny; I'm on book three of the Sword of Truth series, and there's this creature whose name is Gratch. I know his species is supposed to look quite different from dragons, but in my brain I keep imagining him to look like Toothless  :P

I actually really really want a capybara...although you can't get them here which is why it's a fantasy! I could call it my ROUS. Rodent of unusual size :wink: (also, every time I read Perrin Aybara in the books, in my head it's Capybara, which makes me giggle)

But in fantasy land terms, probably a direwolf or six :biggrin: Perhaps a bantha or two cause they're so fluffy!!

Our local zoo has a capybara. It's HUGE for a rodent!

As for myself, I'd want a fire lizard and dragon (a la Pern). I'd also want a Companion (a la Valdemar), as well as a firebird.

I would love if pokemon could be real, and a wolf or fox would be next on my list (if we were able to understand each other in some way) 

I would have an Ale Fairy and a battle cat. And uhhhhhhhhh, a Minotaur buddy! Named Lewis. Cause then I can be drunken belligerent from my ale fairy and no one would say a damn thing because my friend is a frickin Minotaur and i have a bleedin battle cat feasting on the horses that shared a picket line with her outside of the inn. A slew of house elves cause I'll be too hung over to clean and Aley is just more than happy to greet me in the morning with a frosty mug. OH! and my burglar pet would be a basilisk. I would become famous as a "sculptor" for the stunning life like quality I bring to the statues I "carve" and sell for ridiculously high prices and people pay it too because when was the last time you've heard of a real sculptor? Not any of this new age oblique interpretive crap. Real sculpture. People would always ask me at shows why I chose my pieces to look like skulkers and I would tell them it's my interpretation on how to approach the fame i am receiving to stay humble. Walk softly. Creep by unnoticed so my art stays as the focus. I would be eccentric and drunk, cause look, Aley has another mug for me! yayyyyy.

--- (if we were able to understand each other in some way) 

Now that is a very very important point! I wouldn't care much WHAT I had, if we could actually understand each other! Wouldn't that just be the most awesome thing?

• Community Administrator

--- (if we were able to understand each other in some way) 

Now that is a very very important point! I wouldn't care much WHAT I had, if we could actually understand each other! Wouldn't that just be the most awesome thing?

When taking the Harry Potter sorting quiz on Pottermore, it asks you what super power you'd like to have: invisibility, flight, ability to change the past, etc.  One of the options was the ability to understand animals.  I selected that one without a second of hesitation.

When taking the Harry Potter sorting quiz on Pottermore, it asks you what super power you'd like to have: invisibility, flight, ability to change the past, etc.  One of the options was the ability to understand animals.  I selected that one without a second of hesitation.

Oh my word yes I would definitely go for that one too!

Too bad you can only pick one..... but this reminds me of the Wild Thornberrys but I don't think I'd want a chimpanzee. Also a Simba that would always stay little would be added to the list.

Only one? damn. Ummmmmmmm, everyone goes for the usual. dragon, every creature in any harry potter book. I'd want something different. AN EYE OF THE BEHOLDER! Hell yeah! Wait, no. That's just TOO ghastly. Pretty sure riding it would be difficult too. I am thinking about this entirely too much lol. Fine, I'll take a dragon too but mine is Tiamat from the D&D cartoon! BOOM BIATCHES! 3045819-5527904182-Tiama.png

Our local zoo has a capybara. It's HUGE for a rodent! As for myself, I'd want a fire lizard and dragon (a la Pern). I'd also want a Companion (a la Valdemar), as well as a firebird.

Only one? damn. Ummmmmmmm, everyone goes for the usual. dragon, every creature in any harry potter book. I'd want something different. AN EYE OF THE BEHOLDER! Hell yeah! Wait, no. That's just TOO ghastly. Pretty sure riding it would be difficult too. I am thinking about this entirely too much lol. Fine, I'll take a dragon too but mine is Tiamat from the D&D cartoon! BOOM BIATCHES! 

Oddly enough, I didn't pick every creature (or even any) in any Harry Potter book.  No HP dragons for me, please; I want a Pern dragon where we can speak telepathically to each other and go between to get to other places almost instantaneously. 

And I agree with Mashi; it would be awesome to have Animal Mindspeech!

Archived