DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Ultimate Showdown: PART DEUX - GAME OVER, Town Wins

Darthe

I cant stop the world from turning around

or the pull of the moon on the tide

but I dont believe that youre in this alone

I believe youre along for the ride

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/72oODaVBCUI?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the only thing des can do is pick at the smallest word flaws in someones post and make mountains out of molehills to throw dirt on anything about himself thats scummy. And he goes at it with such an intensity people would rather act like sheep or just get out of the way. Almost as if he has himself sat on the highest pedestal. And i for one think its bogus. Oh it wasnt buddying. i actually cared to remember your gender.. its sooo hard though with your passive aggressive play style sorta reminds me of my Ex.

And tina thats pretty much what i thought..Verb did pretty much the same thing in another game. Figured you could have mentioned that when you did it though. And i said what i said so it wouldnt sound so whyme-fryme. I think as a player i need to shed some of my defensive habits. 

My vote on dom at the time was mearly a joke but Darthe seems to have accepted it and i have no reason to move it as of now. tom's OMGUS vote on turin is interesting as well. 

I think the only thing des can do is pick at the smallest word flaws in someones post and make mountains out of molehills to throw dirt on anything about himself thats scummy. And he goes at it with such an intensity people would rather act like sheep or just get out of the way. Almost as if he has himself sat on the highest pedestal. And i for one think its bogus. Oh it wasnt buddying. i actually cared to remember your gender.. its sooo hard though with your passive aggressive play style sorta reminds me of my Ex.

And tina thats pretty much what i thought..Verb did pretty much the same thing in another game. Figured you could have mentioned that when you did it though. And i said what i said so it wouldnt sound so whyme-fryme. I think as a player i need to shed some of my defensive habits.

My vote on dom at the time was mearly a joke but Darthe seems to have accepted it and i have no reason to move it as of now. tom's OMGUS vote on turin is interesting as well.

Ick.

:wink: @ Turin

I did laugh at the passive aggressive thing tho. Its more like aggressive aggressive Amega, and that's prob why you think i put myself on a pedestal. When I see something, I go for it, and I don't go soft either.

I go #LOCK HARD

:tongue:

Oh and youre still whyme frymeing in this post btw. Not as obvious but you spend three paragraphs defending yourself or acting semi self-conscious about your actions.

Mish is a clear warlock. Tina is pretty close to being that as well.

Turin is flailing (and is also more interested in me and Tommy's role than everyone else in the game combined- how schweet of him! :laugh: ). Ithi is tinfoiling but still town hehe.

Hallia needs to get her heiney on top of some gameplay posts! Oh and I totes agreed with Mish about her point on Hallia- listing all the claims and hints isn't very protown atm.

Who else...

Don't remember anything from TG or Xthrax since game actually started. X posted in another game recently so...

Only thing I remember from Lenlo is fluff. Obv par for the course for him but still. Rags also needs to finally give some thoughts.

CSarmi has some town tone in his posts, but his effort def could be better. I also have a middling read on AJ, would love to flesh that out more.

Think that's everyone.

BUZZWORD ALERT!!!  Flail initiated    :laugh: You don't even believe I am really mafia as you are just sitting back and not pushing at me. hence ==>  :flamingsword:  So why am I on your mafia list along with Dice who you said his post wasn't that bad.

You got nothing else to say? 

How is listing the claims and hints anti-town? You subscribe to the theory  that says don't hint in the first place. But if hints are there better that everyone sees them as most likely the mafia have seen them. So better that the town knows who has claimed what so nothing slips by later.

I believe Hallia might have been responding to my request that she do other than say hi, or comment on hearthstone.

She usually is quite up on things when she's given a chance and not beaten about the head with gitness - so I'm glad she posted her thoughts.

I don't know if Cloud is Mafia, but he's certainly been creating some cautious created posts. If he's not Mafia then he's probably some serial killer type. Hey ... maybe he killed Pral and that's why he went along with my stupid post. Helpful post alert.

I still think Dice is Mafia.

Baguette@Turin ... Do I actually need to look at you? On day 1? I really don't think you are vanilla and you do keep pushing that 'just plain folks' angle.

I can move my votes to Cloud if that's needed. I don't think he is Town, whatever he is.

BUZZWORD ALERT!!! Flail initiated :laugh: You don't even believe I am really mafia as you are just sitting back and not pushing at me. hence ==> :flamingsword: So why am I on your mafia list along with Dice who you said his post wasn't that bad.

How is listing the claims and hints anti-town? You subscribe to the theory that says don't hint in the first place. But if hints are there better that everyone sees them as most likely the mafia have seen them. So better that the town knows who has claimed what so nothing slips by later.

What reason do I have to push on you atm? You aren't my highest scum read, and youre tunneling on me yet again. Getting into another protracted back and forth with you would likely sap the WIM (Want It More for Ithi's sake- basically motivation) out of other townies.

Basically it would be playing right into your team's hands. You have yet to bring anything of note against me, and are either scum masking your meta or town blundering yet again. No point.

And regarding Dice btw- I said the post that Ithi commented on didn't seem that bad for him, but the buddying from earlier did. Additionally he's a "cover my bases" scum read. In case I'm wrong on some of my other reads, he'd be a good one to revisit. My main point about him is that the case against him isn't as strong as others atm. And being that he is usually inactive, we're less likely to get juicy reactions from him. Voting someone like him D1 is pretty much parking your vote.

One more thing- I don't know where you got earlier that I was trying to say I'm completely above suspicion. That was complete hogwash and a total misrep on your part.

BUZZWORD ALERT!!! Flail initiated :laugh: You don't even believe I am really mafia as you are just sitting back and not pushing at me. hence ==> :flamingsword: So why am I on your mafia list along with Dice who you said his post wasn't that bad.

How is listing the claims and hints anti-town? You subscribe to the theory that says don't hint in the first place. But if hints are there better that everyone sees them as most likely the mafia have seen them. So better that the town knows who has claimed what so nothing slips by later.

What reason do I have to push on you atm? You aren't my highest scum read, and youre tunneling on me yet again. Getting into another protracted back and forth with you would likely sap the WIM (Want It More for Ithi's sake- basically motivation) out of other townies.

Basically it would be playing right into your team's hands. You have yet to bring anything of note against me, and are either scum masking your meta or town blundering yet again. No point.

And regarding Dice btw- I said the post that Ithi commented on didn't seem that bad for him, but the buddying from earlier did. Additionally he's a "cover my bases" scum read. In case I'm wrong on some of my other reads, he'd be a good one to revisit. My main point about him is that the case against him isn't as strong as others atm. And being that he is usually inactive, we're less likely to get juicy reactions from him. Voting someone like him D1 is pretty much parking your vote.

One more thing- I don't know where you got earlier that I was trying to say I'm completely above suspicion. That was complete hogwash and a total misrep on your part.

He's not your highest Mafia read but you don't want to play into his Team's hands? That sounds like you are quite sure he is Mafia - so why not vote him and get rid. You've certainly spent enough time talking about how mafia he is, or isn't or might be.

Can you vote him? Is this just talk from you? Are you the talking head?

You and Timmy both have been acting like you are so obviously town that for anyone to question that makes that person mafia. You have both said it before that to get @ you is to wolf claim in so many words. I think that is an image you and Timmy are trying to project to pre-emptively shoot down any traction from taking place against you. It does seem to work as many are more than willing to stay out of the way in self preservation. (BTW, that is what first pulled me to Tommy in the aforementioned Christmas mafia game)

"cover my bases" scum read. That sounds like he is the teammate you want to apply light pressure to while never going after for whatever reason sounds plausible at the moment. Like he is a poor info lynch and you aren't going to get reactions from him so just leave him alone. You know what that sounds like a good place to put more pressure. There were a few previously that came out to question why Dice was getting so much heat. 

##UNVOTE

##VOTE DICE

Your stance on Dice makes me feel worse about him and we can see what his flip says about you. 

Also, Desposcribe some actual flailing on my part if you please? 

Des i thought people just skipped over turin's post these days.. why would this make people loose WIM. Nobody pays attention to him.. well at least thats what you want everyone to think. Since he's such a scummy scum scum. And your a crystal clear townie at the top of the world doing nothing but your darnedest to help out town.

Cloud trying to hop on Ithi's coattails regarding the changing alignment thing is pretty lame. Also notice how he carefully words this post? Doesn't say that he's "town for now" or anything like that? Worried about a LD much Cloud?

I’m not riding on anyone’s coattails and I’m not worried about a LD either. I think that if I have said that I was town in that post you would have pushed me for that instead. I don't even think that claiming town means anything in this game because apparently there are recruit mechanics present.

You didn't just point it out tho... you told me to stop. Let's say hypothetically I WAS scum, and decided to listen and stahp as you commanded me. This could have then let me slip off of people's radars, instead of you gathering more evidence to lynch me with.

Like I said, there is ZERO town motivation in telling someone to STOP doing something you find scummy or off.

Like I said it’s a difference between playstyles. I could have of course chosen to let you go your course but for better or worse I didn’t and I chose to call you out for it right away.

Whaaaaa??? This is just patently false man. Tina is a late bloomer in mafia games. She doesn't lurk or coast hardcore usually, but she DEF isn't usually one of the most active early on. Looks like a lazy attempt to redirect focus anywhere you can.

Dude in all the games I have played with Tina she was active at the start of the game and I have also seen her try to kickstart them quite often. She might be a late bloomer but she certainly isn’t nearly as inactive at the start of a game as she has been here.

1. Building fake or weak cases is NOT acting scummy on purpose, ESPECIALLY given the intentions that accompany those type of moves. At the start of games, there will be ZERO strong cases that can be made. The only cases that CAN be made to help start the game will be weak ones. I attempt to get gameplay started as soon as possible in every game I play. Fake cases if done in a town gambit to try and catch scum are risky yes, but it's still not acting scummy on purpose. It's masking your intentions to see if you can trick scum into exposing themselves. It's a high-level tier play that is used by pros all the time.

IMO there is a difference between pushing cases that you know are weak but that you still believe in, and making up things to trap other players like you have apparently have done in this game. I’m totally fine with you starting games with weak or fake cases to gather reactions, but I don’t like it how you go in the defense when it doesn't work out for you claiming it was just a trap and that it should have been obvious to everyone. I feel like no matter how people react to your fake cases you will go after them.

2. You didn't confront me on it... you told me to stahp. You didn't try interrogating me to try and uncover my intentions... you told me to stahp. You didn't say you found me scummy (at the time)... you told me to stahp. Try reconciling this before trying to come at me again.

Yes, I told you to stahp but you can’t say that I didn’t confront your weak case on him because I did.

Don't disturb me. I'm busy sunbathing and reading the Words of Radiance.

This made me lol. :laugh:

I'm afraid that this is it for me for today. I've had a busy day and I'm too tired right now to continue. See you guys tomorrow.

Archived