DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

ATTENTION OKLAHOMA PEOPLE

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to hear folks are safe! I live well safe of the disaster zone (Stillwater, OK), but have many good friends down in the Moore/OKC area and my husband works in south-west OKC. Thankfully, of all of them, the worst reports were a couple of lost houses and everything in them (the one that was on fire on the news (they showed it several times) belonged to a fellow I know) and some minor property damage to others. But no loss of life for people or pets. 

Best wishes and prayers to the rest of the state! 

Just in case anyone's worried, I know she hasn't been around much lately, but I called Twinflower Monday night and she's safe, too. The storm went South of her, so she got rain and heavy wind, but otherwise is perfectly ok! :) 

That's good to hear confirmed Lor, thank you. I had an image of her when I first saw the thing of her huddled up with two massive Hounds, wondering where Mr. Bill might be and sending out "Go Away, Go Away, Go Away" thoughts.

Broken Arrow, which is less than 20 minutes away got hit last night (Only an F1 or F2, so nothing like what hit OKC).  It was surreal, I went outside to check the sky (the cell phone towers were out of commission and our internet wasnt working either) and there were sideways twisters to the south of me... I wasnt even aware that could happen! Mother nature is so awesome in her terrifying ways sometimes!

I've got a friend in Beggs.  She mentioned Broken Arrow (she works on the border between BA and Tulsa).  She also posted (on another board) a graphic showing today's potential weather. 

I told my husband that if we lived in Oklahome, I'd want to live in a dugout . . .

Those of you in Mother Nature's crosshairs today please stay safe!

Check in Round Two? (Or really, three?) Wide-spread warnings tonight. Everyone okay? Reporting in that Stillwater's tornado dissipated before it actually got to town (not that it did so before we went for the interior bathroom, thank goodness you can stack cats if you crate them). 

Everyone else okay? 

Archived