DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Yellow Ajah's Valentine's Celebration: Valentine's Memories!

Hallia

Pink-Heart-3.png

:wub:   Valentine’s Day.  Love it or hate it, I bet you have some memories of it!  Feel free to share some special memories of your Valentine’s Day from the past! 

Have a lovely day with someone special? Get a realllllllyyyy nice gift?  Share it with us!    :wub:

valentines-day-quote-002.jpg

Ohhhh, those are so lovely!  My favorite would have to be this last Valentine's day...Or maybe it's just the freshest memory, and that's why I like it best!  I got heart-shaped pancakes for breakfast, a teddy bear, and me and the hubby went to see a movie and to dinner.  I felt so loved!  :wub:

My hubby and I got together on Valentine's Day. He brought me a single cupcake with a little plastic heart on it that said "Be My Valentine". Twenty years and two kids later, we're still together.

Valentine's day makes me think of my Grandmother.  She passed on three years ago on Valentine's day.  It used to be a day of pain for me, but has become a day of remembering who she was and the love she shared with everyone.  I get gifts from my students a lot and it always brings a smile to my face.

Mostly, I use this day to show people I care about them.

The very first time I had a serious boyfriend on Valentine's Day, he took me to this fancy restaurant.  You had a choice between 2 different meals (and it was like.. $50/person, not cheap!).  Because we were out somewhere fancy, I decided to try the salmon (the only kind of fish I'll generally eat).

What the menu neglected to say...is that it would be served raw.. While I don't mind some raw fish sushi-style, not an entire plate of it with no seasoning, no nothing.  Just a hunk of raw salmon.  Because of the cost, I choked it down as much as I could, washed it down with the wine.. but I will never forget that.

The restaurant is no longer around..perhaps because they neglected to mention important things..like..whether or not the food is actually cooked.

Although I definitely enjoy each and every Valentine's with my husband I think I would have to say my best memories are Valentine's Day parties in grade school. The card exchanges, nummy treats, making arts and crafts and just the overall mood of the environment. Great memories!!!

• Community Administrator

Valentine's day makes me think of my Grandmother.  She passed on three years ago on Valentine's day.  It used to be a day of pain for me, but has become a day of remembering who she was and the love she shared with everyone.  I get gifts from my students a lot and it always brings a smile to my face.

Mostly, I use this day to show people I care about them.

I lost my grandmother on Valentine's day as well, Kronos.  I was only six months old at the time, but it's hard not to think about her, and how much she meant to my mother, when this holiday rolls around. 

Although I definitely enjoy each and every Valentine's with my husband I think I would have to say my best memories are Valentine's Day parties in grade school. The card exchanges, nummy treats, making arts and crafts and just the overall mood of the environment. Great memories!!!

Seeing this brought all of those memories from school back.  Valentine's really was super fun in Elementary school!

well... im going to put a happy memory down at the time... now it just makes me mad and sad...

so 2 Valentine's ago my school's basketball team was going to the Tournament... we rode the bus there which took a few hours... I sat by myself behind this guy who I'd known for a few years, kinda liked, and thought he was smart and pretty good at basketball... oh, and he was funny... :rolleyes: so we got there and we were facing our major rivals... i had a personal grudge against player 22 because she'd elbowed me in the throat and almost caused me to almost suffocate (the boy's mom stopped the game and helped me breathe again)... i was ready to kick her in the arse repeatedly and play dirty... she and the rest of her team reminded me of gorillas on steroids... so i get in the game and made a 3 pointer from the halfcourt line... then right before the timer was up for the end of the first half of the game, my friend was throwing the ball to me (i was pointguard) and the girl (22) hauled me back by my jersey, caught the ball and made a lay-up... and im pretty sure that should've counted as some sort of foul, but no... the reffs hated us.... so I threw the ball at the ground and ended up getting a technical foul... (yeah, not something to be proud of, but she was getting on my nerves) so the reff put me out for half the 3rd period and the guy came up and started calming me down... then started cheering me on when i got back in... after we lost the game, he came up, high fived me and smiled... i think that's when i started to really feel something... then on the bus, we started playing our Nintendo DS's (normal except for the fact that it was just us) and then this annoying girl kept trying to join us, and he kicked her out saying he didn't want to play with anybody but me... after we stopped for food and bought each other food (crazy considering we spent our money on each other :laugh:), we talked a lot on the way home, and he walked me toward my house until he had to branch off to go to his house... after that, I thought I was in "love" and after that, we started hanging out a lot, he eventually asked me to the dance and a week later ended up dating.... the end

that's the only significant Valentine's Day to me... the rest were just receiving presents from my folks... and sweet tarts and sweet hearts (hate those things... taste funny) :tongue:

My favourite I think, is Valentines last year.

We couldn't really do anything, because my husband was working the longest shift  at the resturant he worked at then, so he was gone the whole day. I said to him I didn,t care; "it's just a silly American tradition after all" and all that :laugh:

The moment he was out the door, I started planning and working. Made the apartment look nice, ran to get a bottle of bubbly, tried my local mall to see if they had what I needed, they hadn't, so I had to go all the way out to the big mall. Got all I needed for brownies, and food coloring :biggrin:

When he came home, after midnight, tired from work, I was waiting at home with candles all over the apartment, a bottle of bubbling wine, and home-mode, heart shaped brownies with red frosting on them! He loved it :biggrin: Best valentine we've had, even though we barely saw each other on the 14th :laugh:

My favourite I think, is Valentines last year.

We couldn't really do anything, because my husband was working the longest shift  at the resturant he worked at then, so he was gone the whole day. I said to him I didn,t care; "it's just a silly American tradition after all" and all that :laugh:

The moment he was out the door, I started planning and working. Made the apartment look nice, ran to get a bottle of bubbly, tried my local mall to see if they had what I needed, they hadn't, so I had to go all the way out to the big mall. Got all I needed for brownies, and food coloring :biggrin:

When he came home, after midnight, tired from work, I was waiting at home with candles all over the apartment, a bottle of bubbling wine, and home-mode, heart shaped brownies with red frosting on them! He loved it :biggrin: Best valentine we've had, even though we barely saw each other on the 14th :laugh:

Awwww that sounds very nice, you put so much love into making it special  :wub:

The one I remember the most is the one I had with my ex. We went over to his mom's house and gave each other our gifts (I still have that necklace somewhere) and then played video games all afternoon. Then we went to Olive Garden and played hangman while waiting to be seated.  Then waitress offered us wine. We managed to keep straight faces long enough to say "no thank you" and have her walk away before we burst out laughing (we were both 16 at the time XD ). 

My dad was always gone since he was a truck driver but every Valentine's day he would come home and leave chocolates in the heart shaped boxes and a rose. Receiving those knowing that he went out of his way to get them for us even if sometimes it was our mom that did still means the world to me today.

Valentine's Day has never been one of my favorite holidays ... Probably because of the memories ... In 5th Grade everyone in class gave me a Valentine's Card addressed to me but with the word "Butt" in front of my name. I laughed it off, because its who I am, but it annoyed and bothered me. Secondly, i was an Elementary Teacher for years, and there is NO worse holiday than Valentine's Day. not just the sugar, but the obnoxious parents who dont think that they need to send their kids with Valentine's Cards, or worse, send them in with an unopened box, because, well, "its just ONE kid, right", except when 5-7 parents all have that thought ... its a nightmare for a teacher, which the sugar only adds to. Then I was single on WAY too many Valentine's Days, until I found my wife ... And THERE is where my bad Valentine's memories ended. I have had some wonderful Valentine's memories with her ever since. Of course, not everyone, or even most have been post cards, but if you are with your Soul Mate, you know that even on the bad Valentine's Days, you get to wrap your arms around the most beautiful and important person in the world ... And that is my favorite part of Valentine's Day ... Spending all of them, with my wife. :)

My other favorite Valentine's Memory is EVERY year, my grandmother would buy me the largest box of Whitman Samplers (back when it was two layer box) and we would sit and share and talk and try all the creams. I would give her the Maple, and she would give me the Coconut. Every year of my childhood, I spent eating Whitman's Sampler's with my grandmother. :)

Valentine's Day has never been one of my favorite holidays ... Probably because of the memories ... In 5th Grade everyone in class gave me a Valentine's Card addressed to me but with the word "Butt" in front of my name. I laughed it off, because its who I am, but it annoyed and bothered me. Secondly, i was an Elementary Teacher for years, and there is NO worse holiday than Valentine's Day. not just the sugar, but the obnoxious parents who dont think that they need to send their kids with Valentine's Cards, or worse, send them in with an unopened box, because, well, "its just ONE kid, right", except when 5-7 parents all have that thought ... its a nightmare for a teacher, which the sugar only adds to. Then I was single on WAY too many Valentine's Days, until I found my wife ... And THERE is where my bad Valentine's memories ended. I have had some wonderful Valentine's memories with her ever since. Of course, not everyone, or even most have been post cards, but if you are with your Soul Mate, you know that even on the bad Valentine's Days, you get to wrap your arms around the most beautiful and important person in the world ... And that is my favorite part of Valentine's Day ... Spending all of them, with my wife. :)

AWWWWW

• Elgee locked this topic

Archived