DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

A Luckers Teaser

Luckers

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Without knowing the question and without having the reference material to the question, our answers would be like throwing darts on a dart board while blindfolded.

You can figure it out. It's like the Big Unnoticed Thing, without the answer accidentally being ruled out early on.

I hate people like luckers. They come over here with fresh memories of the final book of the series, brag over it, give us snippets that would suffocate a rat and basically laugh at us in our pitiful attempts at finding out. And when we ask them for just a direction he says 'oh i cant sorry NDA blach blah. It's just message board equivalent to waterboarding.

[edit:the huge spacing resulting in a modding issue and was removed]

luckers i love you please give me another hint.pretty please just a teeny weeny hintm please........

I think our best guess without further information is that this is in one of the pre-released chapters or 'memories'. It's the only place where Luckers could have been made aware of a mistake in AMoL that he could ponder, and then figure out, without needing to reference the rest of the book and break his NDA.

Or so one would think. Scour those chapters for "mistakes", men and women! I don't know if it has anything to do with the linking problems, I Ideal-Seeked "link," "linking," "circle," and "circles" and didn't come up with anything.

I just finished AMoL and I have no idea what Luckers is talking about.

Luckers, can you say what chapter the "mistake" is in AMoL? This way, only people with the book can understand and it won't reveal anything to anyone else.

I cannot. And it doesn't surprise me that those who have read the book have no idea what im talking about--were it a simple spoiler i could have never have spoken due to the NDA.

As I said, I can deliver this teaser entirely because it has nothing to do with what I've read in the book. You may work it out based on what you know to be occuring, and the answer you are looking for is in tDR.

I just finished AMoL and I have no idea what Luckers is talking about.

Luckers, can you say what chapter the "mistake" is in AMoL? This way, only people with the book can understand and it won't reveal anything to anyone else.

I cannot. And it doesn't surprise me that those who have read the book have no idea what im talking about--were it a simple spoiler i could have never have spoken due to the NDA.

As I said, I can deliver this teaser entirely because it has nothing to do with what I've read in the book. You may work it out based on what you know to be occuring, and the answer you are looking for is in tDR.

If it was in the pre-released material like I was thinking, you could comment more on it. I would think so, anyway.

Which may mean it's something we already 'know' will take place in AMoL but is not necessarily in the pre-released chapters. That would perhaps explain why you can't discuss it, because so far we can only imply that something is happening, but it isn't confirmed/happen until . . . 

Oh I don't know. I need to let this stew in my head.

I recall several  TDR puzzles offhand
What did the Tinker lady have to say to Moiraine?
How did Moi know it was Sammy and Be'lal in Ilian and Tear?
Did Lanfear delve Mat?
Why did Moiraine the close-mouthed blab about Mat's id as the Hornsounder in front of a roomful of people including Rhuarc?

But if I understand Lucker's post correctly, we actually get some info in TDR, which helps us understand that an apparent error in AMoL isn't actually an error.
That's crazily difficult to solve because we get quite a lot of info in TDR and any of these details could pertain to an apparent error in AMoL.
It could be about Saldea, it could be about darkhounds, it could be about wolfbrothers, it could be about Aiel, it could be about balefire, it could be about TAR, 

Looks like a mistake, answer is in TDR, you can work out the issue and the answer...

Might as well just ask: What is in my pocket?

Leigh Butler alluded to this as well in her spoiler-free review of tears and emotions.  There was one thing that she did say was wrong and she looked back in other books and did a happy dance as she was correct about it being wrong, but that was another item.  This she did mention was from TDR.

Except this, because it came via something other than the book, or my reading of it, and has no place in my nda, and i figured the answer out completely without any aMoL information.

ok.... first part of the riddle...  if it comes from something other than the book -- specifically his copy, or his reading of it...   a reasonable conclusion might be that it came from someone else's reading of it -- which narrows it down to Chapter 2.

>>>>>>   There is a thing in aMoL that may look like a mistake to some, but is not to any.

This part I think refers not to a mistake we the readers perceive, but one the characters perceive.  From the wording, I immediately started thinking of the breaking of the seals (eg. it'd be a mistake to break some seals, but breaking just one isn't a mistake).  IIRC Elayne and Avi mention it a little in Ch 2.

If it isn't something to do with the seals, I think the most important thing to remember is that a) there is a "thing" (person, place, animal or idea) that some might perceive as a mistake, and b) the "thing" is not a mistake with respect to the subjects.

>>>>>>>>>>>  The answer is clearly stated in tDR, and you can work out both what the issue is and what the answer is from that and what you know.

"....you can work out both what the issue is and what the answer is from that [The Dragon Reborn] and what you know [i'm assuming the pre-released materials]."

--------

So....   I have no answer, but I'm hoping my analysis will help someone else working on the riddle in some small way :)

What we know to be occurring, eh?

Well, the Last Battle, obviously.  Perhaps something to do with the Seals, as mentioned above?

Or something to do with Callandor?  The fact that Rand was able to "cut" a flow of balefire simply by holding the sword in front of him?

Unrelated but I always found it strange that the Aiel greeted Rand with "The Dragon is Reborn! The Dragon is Reborn!

One assumes they were aware of the prophecies concerning the Dragon, and may have gotten caught up in a ta'veren swirl.

Well they are the people of the dragon, but they like to keep that hush hush. It does seem to be for dramatic effect though that the Aiel are included.

Archived