DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[ADVANCED] World War II Mafia: JAPAN WINS!

Basel Gill

Oh yeah, and I guess I can respond to the "case" on me. I brought up that the recruiting thing might be a possibility, but I never said that's what I thought was going on. So all of you people trying to make it seem like I did stop spreading lies and propaganda. And the fact is, with two mafia teams, but only ONE night kill a night, it would be stupid to not consider the possibility of recruitment.

But seriously, some of you are thinking WAYYYYY too shallow about this. I mean as far as "Oh, if there was recruiting, the game would be over by now!" thing. Obviously recruiting is a powerful power, which is why many mods will put in balances specifically for it. This could mean any number of limitations on the power itself, like certain roles or people can't be recruited, or can only recruit on certain days, or something like that. There could easily still be a recruitment factor of some kind, even though we haven't seen evidence of it yet.

Now, as I said before, I don't think this is the case. Just too unlikely at this point, and excuse the gaming of the mod, but it seems much more likely to me that the mod would have just let the two teams alternate the kills. But at the time, it was def a possibility, and even bringing up such a subject can often be a great way to elicit certain reactions.

So all you peeps trying to witch hunt me for bringing up the possibility of recruiting can go suck an egg :tongue:

Other quick gamethoughts:

Kinda funny that Ley ended up being a goon, not a RB'er. Methinks that him saying he blocked Kaylee last night, which was obviously a lie, was an attempt at trying to semi-clear a teammate.

Turin turning up as a symp def surprised me somewhat, but it's still pretty ironic that he ended up as a symp for Ithi's team.

Other than Dap and Kaylee, I'd guess that Smiley is working for ze Germans, mainly for how so many commented on his defense of Ithi earlier in the game, and he admitted this himself. But I'll follow up later.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You keep saying you will reread. Kinda a scummy thing

There is one thing i want to point out on that. You just called Kaylee out on using someone elses point without mentioning them but mentioning them for other things in the same post

Kaylee did that as well

Mafia teammates often mirror each other in phrases and some of the things they jump on. That to me looks like you two may be on a team.

If you flip mafia im after her next

also you seem to be using more smileys than usual

#yourmafiapreparetodie

Vote Despo.

I dont like your recruiting talk. You keep saying "Oh I didnt say thats what I THOUGHT was going on, but lets bring it up anyways.". It sounds like your bringing it up to make use start second guessing ourselves on everyone alignment and thats going to do nothing but sow distrust. Until I see evidence of recruitment, I dont think we should worry about it.

You keep saying you will reread. Kinda a scummy thing

There is one thing i want to point out on that. You just called Kaylee out on using someone elses point without mentioning them but mentioning them for other things in the same post

Kaylee did that as well

Mafia teammates often mirror each other in phrases and some of the things they jump on. That to me looks like you two may be on a team.

If you flip mafia im after her next

also you seem to be using more smileys than usual

#yourmafiapreparetodie

"There is one thing i want to point out on that. You just called Kaylee out on using someone elses point without mentioning them but mentioning them for other things in the same post

Kaylee did that as well"

Humbleurghuh? That's the sound my brain made as I tried to read this little excerpt. I have NO idea what you're saying here. I called out Kaylee for mentioning the same thing you had, but not mentioning you specifically. Are you trying to say I did this as well? Either way, please respond soon so that you can lighten the strain on my brain.

Also, Hi! I'm Despothera. Have we met?

.... cause if we had, you would know that I use smilies. :laugh:

Not in every post, or with great regularity, but they will definitely appear when the mood strikes me. Lawlz at your attempt to try and make me look bad by bringing up smilies.

Oh yeah, and DUBBEL LAWLZ @ your attempt to distance from Kaylee. If I flip maf, then you'll go after Kaylee, huh? ... yet when I flip town, you can try to make it seem like maybe there is nothing wrong with Kaylee, and that we should all look elsewhere... what's the opposite of smooth? Rough work? You sir, are a rough operator. Roughhhhhhhhhh operatah ah

/Sade'd

Vote Despo.

I dont like your recruiting talk. You keep saying "Oh I didnt say thats what I THOUGHT was going on, but lets bring it up anyways.". It sounds like your bringing it up to make use start second guessing ourselves on everyone alignment and thats going to do nothing but sow distrust. Until I see evidence of recruitment, I dont think we should worry about it.

REALLY wish people would stop making up stuff that I said.

Lenlofinger. WHERE in the thread, did I say, that we should worry about recruitment? Wanna point that out for me? Oh what's that, you can't? Thought so. I brought it up as a possibility because it IS a possibility. To not include possibilities when theorizing about the setup is pretty much a cardinal sin. I saw evidence of two mafia teams, yet there was only 1 NK a night. Ergo, either alternating kills, or one team kills and the other has a recruitment factor or something. I made it pretty clear that I was leaning more towards the alternating kills option.

Go ahead and follow on the easy lynch tho bro.

Seriously, Dap is being extremely obvious about a connection between him and Kaylee. First defends her, sets groundwork for a lynch on me, then both him and Kaylee vote me in quick succession, then all of a sudden uses WTFPWNBBQ logic that somehow links me and Kaylee (???) and says he will go after Kaylee if I flip mafia, which will be very convenient for him when I flip town (if yall are dumb enough to lynch me). After all, it is very embarassing to have to "go after" a teammate after you had already commited to it. :wink:

Oh yeah, and speedlynch much? No one sees how my lynch train could easily be mafia driven right now?

If I get lynched today because of dense thinking on town's part, I really will be pissed. Use your noggins people.

Gotta say, 2 GF's in a row is pretty boss. However, we also have two confirmed mafia teams, which fits into canon, yet no evidence of multiple kills at night. Either they exchange kills, or one kills and one recruits perhaps? Anyhoo, more to come later when I got more time.

Im not sure how I feel about you sowing the seeds of recruit Wifom Despo. We have seen no evidence of that and its what, night 5?  Why bring it up now?

Don't see how you could think I'm sowing seeds of wifom. It appears we have two mafia teams, yet we haven't had a night with multiple deaths, have we?

This means that, like I said, we are prob dealing with either two teams that alternate kills (team A kills even nights, team B kills odd nights, or that one team kills while the other recruits or something.

Obviously I would prefer that it be the first option, as I hate dealing with recruiting elements, but hoping for the best will get you no where in mafia. You must consider all possibilities. Now, if one team does have recruiting capabilities, they might be limited somehow, which could partially explain why we haven't seen anyone flip as converted or anything. Either way, you questioning me for putting out completely logical evaluations is disconcerting.

Despo suggested the possibility of there being recruitment when there hadn't been any evidence of it to this point.

TG, given the assumptions noted earlier, and using Despo's assertion that the two mafia teams alternate kills, which seems to follow the facts we have seen so far. The mafia teams wouldn't pass up a chance to kill a member of the other team. I think it is more likely that on the night following his revealing as a RB thathis team had the kill. Then with the option of killing the basically confirmed cop or a claimed RB they shot... Darthe? a one shot vig that some were thinking might be mafia himself. If Ley was BG's teammate (japanese mafia) like I suggested then BG would not have him killed. further BG is devious enough to want to try to kill a member of the other team instead of the cop.

Turin talks about Despo's assertion that the two mafia teams alternate kills, yet leaves out the above part where Despo's other theory, in the same post, mentions recruitment.

Vote Despo

:biggrin:

I LURVE when mafias make it easy for me to find them. Dap and Kaylee are pretty obviously working in tandem right now. I'm not just talking about them both voting me either, Dap laid the train tracks with a mini case on me which Kaylee jumped on not too subtly, also Dap defended Kaylee a bit ago, and Kaylee bandwagoned onto the same thing Dap had already pointed out, without mentioning Dap at all in another failed attempt at trying to not look like a teammate of his. This strikes me as hilarious btw, cause Ive noticed this as a huge scumtell recently- it's like 2 people showing up to a party wearing matching "I am mafia" shirts, but trying to keep from looking eachother in the eye throughout the night in the hopes of looking like there is no connection between the two.

Vote Kaylee

She seems like the better pick between the two, after all Dap defended her (my theory is that Dap is a symp for the Japanese possibly), and that whole coloring two diff mafia teams the same color thing still bugs me.

Gonna try and finish my reread soon (was on page 58 when I stopped), and especially focus on the past couple of days to see if we can ferret out our remaining scum.

Two holds very similar me thinks.

Also kaylee voting me could be a set up between the two of you to discredit me. It could easily be a gambit.

It's a little bit of a double edged sword I feel but yes if you flip town (ill be very very surprised) kaylee will go down on my list

I feel Len and smiley are more likely mafia

Also mentioning recruiting makes people worry about it. Whether or not you tell people to worry they still will. You've played enough mafia to know mafia just throw things like that casually out there so I don't see why you refuse to admit that is even slightly scummy

Despo: When I saw Turin's flip of symp I went back to the beginning of the previous day phase to see who mentioned recruitment and how Turin reacted to it. My case wasn't simply that you mentioned the possibility, though that's a part of it, it's also that Turin mentioned your assertion as being alternating kills and ignored the part about recruiting. It might be nothing, but it was something I saw as a possible connection. It took me awhile to find the quotes. As soon as I did, I made my case and voted. When I posted I noticed Player had said something similar and had also voted you. I didn't mention it because I don't always mention every single time someone has a similar thought. Yes he voted first, but I didn't know that at the time. Think what you will about that.

Player: Nice trying to flip things and then link Despo and I. Really?

I'd be happy to switch to Lenlo, Smiliey or RTE as they are still on my suspect list. Player is moving up the list as well with his recent posts.

Gotta say, 2 GF's in a row is pretty boss. However, we also have two confirmed mafia teams, which fits into canon, yet no evidence of multiple kills at night. Either they exchange kills, or one kills and one recruits perhaps? Anyhoo, more to come later when I got more time.

Im not sure how I feel about you sowing the seeds of recruit Wifom Despo. We have seen no evidence of that and its what, night 5?  Why bring it up now?

Don't see how you could think I'm sowing seeds of wifom. It appears we have two mafia teams, yet we haven't had a night with multiple deaths, have we?

This means that, like I said, we are prob dealing with either two teams that alternate kills (team A kills even nights, team B kills odd nights, or that one team kills while the other recruits or something.

Obviously I would prefer that it be the first option, as I hate dealing with recruiting elements, but hoping for the best will get you no where in mafia. You must consider all possibilities. Now, if one team does have recruiting capabilities, they might be limited somehow, which could partially explain why we haven't seen anyone flip as converted or anything. Either way, you questioning me for putting out completely logical evaluations is disconcerting.

Despo suggested the possibility of there being recruitment when there hadn't been any evidence of it to this point.

TG, given the assumptions noted earlier, and using Despo's assertion that the two mafia teams alternate kills, which seems to follow the facts we have seen so far. The mafia teams wouldn't pass up a chance to kill a member of the other team. I think it is more likely that on the night following his revealing as a RB thathis team had the kill. Then with the option of killing the basically confirmed cop or a claimed RB they shot... Darthe? a one shot vig that some were thinking might be mafia himself. If Ley was BG's teammate (japanese mafia) like I suggested then BG would not have him killed. further BG is devious enough to want to try to kill a member of the other team instead of the cop.

ockquote>Turin talks about Despo's assertion that the two mafia teams alternate kills, yet leaves out the above part where Despo's other theory, in the same post, mentions recruitment.

Vote Despo

:biggrin:

I LURVE when mafias make it easy for me to find them. Dap and Kaylee are pretty obviously working in tandem right now. I'm not just talking about them both voting me either, Dap laid the train tracks with a mini case on me which Kaylee jumped on not too subtly, also Dap defended Kaylee a bit ago, and Kaylee bandwagoned onto the same thing Dap had already pointed out, without mentioning Dap at all in another failed attempt at trying to not look like a teammate of his. This strikes me as hilarious btw, cause Ive noticed this as a huge scumtell recently- it's like 2 people showing up to a party wearing matching "I am mafia" shirts, but trying to keep from looking eachother in the eye throughout the night in the hopes of looking like there is no connection between the two.

Vote Kaylee

She seems like the better pick between the two, after all Dap defended her (my theory is that Dap is a symp for the Japanese possibly), and that whole coloring two diff mafia teams the same color thing still bugs me.

Gonna try and finish my reread soon (was on page 58 when I stopped), and especially focus on the past couple of days to see if we can ferret out our remaining scum.

Two holds very similar me thinks.

Also kaylee voting me could be a set up between the two of you to discredit me. It could easily be a gambit.

It's a little bit of a double edged sword I feel but yes if you flip town (ill be very very surprised) kaylee will go down on my list

I feel Len and smiley are more likely mafia

Also mentioning recruiting makes people worry about it. Whether or not you tell people to worry they still will. You've played enough mafia to know mafia just throw things like that casually out there so I don't see why you refuse to admit that is even slightly scummy

They're def not the same thing, not at all. Turin referenced my name when he brought up something I had talked about, Kaylee never mentioned yours or that someone else had  said something similar when she made her post, even tho you two were making the exact same point.

As for the smileys they feel off this game. I trust me gut to some extent and this is one of those times. In fact most of the your posts this game don't feel right

Also I'm not one to be that obvious working with people

If most of my posts have not felt right this game, why have you never mentioned my name before? You're just trying to go for an easy lynch man. You're scum.

And btw, if I'm not mistaken the last time I was in a game where you were scum, it was a Thak game and you and Lily were both obv mafia working together. Don't remember what game it was tho.

Despo: When I saw Turin's flip of symp I went back to the beginning of the previous day phase to see who mentioned recruitment and how Turin reacted to it. My case wasn't simply that you mentioned the possibility, though that's a part of it, it's also that Turin mentioned your assertion as being alternating kills and ignored the part about recruiting. It might be nothing, but it was something I saw as a possible connection. It took me awhile to find the quotes. As soon as I did, I made my case and voted. When I posted I noticed Player had said something similar and had also voted you. I didn't mention it because I don't always mention every single time someone has a similar thought. Yes he voted first, but I didn't know that at the time. Think what you will about that.

Player: Nice trying to flip things and then link Despo and I. Really?

I'd be happy to switch to Lenlo, Smiliey or RTE as they are still on my suspect list. Player is moving up the list as well with his recent posts.

Turin mentioned my assertion that there were alternating kills because I had made it pretty clear that I thought that was more likely what we were dealing with. And btw, symps =/= recruitment, most symps start the game as symps and never join the QT or anything. Some mods let the team "recruit" them to their QT, but not all the time. So Turin flipping symp has nothing to do with me bringing up the possibility of a recruiting factor.

And I don't buy your explanation for why you didn't mention Player's name. Even if it's not something you do specifically, I've noticed that it is somewhat of a universal scumtell. Scummates have a hard time figuring out if they wanna distance from each other, or defend, or what, so many choose to ignore or not acknowledge them in the game thread at all. 

Coding failed slightly there but I think i followed that

I havent been in the game long. I think my first game post was in the last phase (I attempted to read the thread first)

The two statements seemed similar to me. Thats the impression i got

I cant think of that game either TBH but i take your word on it

Glad to see you here and I look forward to your thoughts.  I still think Starrik's play (and thus Despo's) has been scummy, but the inactivity at this point in the game makes me wonder if the mafia are sitting on their QT thread and refusing to post in the game thread so they just fly under the radar.  Not posting for days is really unhelpful to town.  

>TG, given the assumptions noted earlier, and using Despo's assertion that the two mafia teams alternate kills, which seems to follow the facts we have seen so far. The mafia teams wouldn't pass up a chance to kill a member of the other team. I think it is more likely that on the night following his revealing as a RB thathis team had the kill. Then with the option of killing the basically confirmed cop or a claimed RB they shot... Darthe? a one shot vig that some were thinking might be mafia himself. If Ley was BG's teammate (japanese mafia) like I suggested then BG would not have him killed. further BG is devious enough to want to try to kill a member of the other team instead of the cop.

Turin talks about Despo's assertion that the two mafia teams alternate kills, yet leaves out the above part where Despo's other theory, in the same post, mentions recruitment.

Vote Despo

this seems a contrived to me, trying just too hard to stretch a case on Despo, I mean a vote here based on a suggestion (no matter how unlikely - which in itself breaks the argument that it's a mafia move, if the idea was so far-fetched that everyone rejected it why would a mafioso tried to use as a scare tactic, when it bring the attention it seems to have).

In the next quote Kaylee then makes a case based on information left out, which isn't particularly helpful out of context, looking back Turin never actually made a response to Despo's suggestion, though no one seemed to really raise any issues about it until now really, so I think we can be safe to say that Turin like it would seem the rest of us didn't think it was important to comment on right then with a building case on Ley to take care of, I'm not discounting the possibility of it being, what I think Despo suggested as a mafia tell of ignoring what other people say, I just don'y think that it is as likely as you make it out to be.

so both those  pieces of reasoning seem flimsy to me, certainly not worth a vote by itself, so I will vote Kaylee for essentially tagging along to dap's vote (which I don't think came with any other reason besides "being scummy" - I don't believe dap's put any more solid reasoning in further posts and if I'm reading those posts correctly he seem to have backed down, maybe cutting his losses?) - but I digress, Kaylee for getting that train started, though I don't trust dap either

Smiley: I addressed to Despo why I came to that conclusion. In fact Despo quoted it above. Symps typically know who the mafia are and the to let them know in some way. So with that in mind I went back and looked at Turin to see if I could see anything unusual. Up to that point he was commenting on things accurately as they were happening. Despo mentioned two possibilities, Turin only mentioned one. We don't know the reason since he's not here to say. I was going with the reason being a reply to let the that mafia team know he was their symp.

I'm assuming we don't have enough time to build up a train on anyone else, even though people have voice considerable thoughts on how scummy certain people are.

Despo, not based on your play but rather on my re-read and Starriks play, 

unvote vote Despo2.0

>TG, given the assumptions noted earlier, and using Despo's assertion that the two mafia teams alternate kills, which seems to follow the facts we have seen so far. The mafia teams wouldn't pass up a chance to kill a member of the other team. I think it is more likely that on the night following his revealing as a RB thathis team had the kill. Then with the option of killing the basically confirmed cop or a claimed RB they shot... Darthe? a one shot vig that some were thinking might be mafia himself. If Ley was BG's teammate (japanese mafia) like I suggested then BG would not have him killed. further BG is devious enough to want to try to kill a member of the other team instead of the cop.

Vote Despo

The logic here doesn't work for me.  I fail to see how Turin talking about something that Despo said (two mafia teams alternating kills) but leaving out part of his theory (recruitment) means Despo is mafia.  How does that follow?

This is a major stretch and looks like you're trying to manufacture a reason to vote Despo on the heels of Player's vote.

Vote Kaylee

Archived