DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The aMoL 'Memories of Light' Releases

Luckers

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seems to have a female voice to it. Formal, so I assume Aes Sedai. And directed to someone with stories. I'm going to say Androl ... which makes the Aes Sedai pretty obviously Pevara.

But, of course, I could be plainly wrong on all of that and I'm sure people will have much better guesses :P

Just saw Herid's post ... Jain Fairstrider popped into my head too because of all his journeys. Would be a GREAT twist.

New one's up:

"I should like to hear one of your stories. Perhaps you could tell me of the time your father and you visited Shara?"

The only character we know of that has visited Shara was Jain Farstrider, aka Noal. However, he died in the Tower of Ghenji when Mat, Thom, and Noal rescued Moiraine. Therefore, I am thinking that this question is being asked by Thom or Mat to a previously unknown son of Jain Farstrider.

New one's up:

"I should like to hear one of your stories. Perhaps you could tell me of the time your father and you visited Shara?"

The "should" in context should be able to tell us what nation they are at least from. being by who ever talks like that. I am thinking of some one from illian.

Androl is Jain Farstrider's son.

Bamph! Thats good stuff. Is that something you had percolating Herid, or just hit you? Might explain a lot of Jain's actions, protecting his kid, especially if he found out he could channel.

I was thinking that this might be a possibility for a while. The main issue is that Androl is a Taraboner. But then I thought that after Jain's Malkieri wife died he was free to have kids with anybody else, so some woman from Tarabon is not out of the question.

Assuming it is Androl speaking to Pevara, this implies 2 things. Pevara and Androl have really started opening up with each other, which, plot-wise, is neither here nor there. More importantly, though, this could indicate that Androl has information that may be necessary to the plot that will come out in the series.

Or it could just be part of world creation. I seem to remember something about Jain leaving behind a wife and son.

Assuming it is Androl speaking to Pevara, this implies 2 things. Pevara and Androl have really started opening up with each other, which, plot-wise, is neither here nor there. More importantly, though, this could indicate that Androl has information that may be necessary to the plot that will come out in the series.

Or it could just be part of world creation. I seem to remember something about Jain leaving behind a wife and son.

there's something about jain leaving behind his wife, but i dont remember anything about a son

The Androl idea makes sense - also him being a Taraboner is not a problem, he may have grown up there after the collapse of Malkier. However, would Jain then have retrieved his son to travel with him?

I wonder if it might be one of the Aiel? Should the Sharans become involved in the war, perhaps Rand - with his new formal way of speaking - would now care to learn more about Shara! Had Aviendha ever traveled with her father? This small snippet seems to carry both familiarity and formality. It also seems like the sort of thing Cadsuane might ask while knitting.

So after all that random wobbly thinking my guess is - this is Cadsuane speaking to an Aiel.

'your father and you'?

I'm not sure you have the same question mark as me here; but the exp<b></b>ression just hurts my ear. It's a weird order, isn't it?

Yup it looks quare to me too. Ugh.

To be honest, I think it sounds a little like an Aiel talking, maybe Aviendha. Although I do like the sounds of Androl Farstrider.

Archived