DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The aMoL 'Memories of Light' Releases

Luckers

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Barid  Galad can not channel so far as we know  and even if he can he apparently doesn't have the talent of seing ta'veren. He's been around Perrin a lot recently and never noticed anything like that around Perrin. I don't think ta'veren shine otherwise.

It could be streaks in the sky after the darkness  comes  (which will happen soon once Rand dies or breaks the seals). In that case it could be some kind of ta'veren effect producing the streaks and guiding Galad.

@Barid  Galad can not channel so far as we know  and even if he can he apparently doesn't have the talent of seing ta'veren. He's been around Perrin a lot recently and never noticed anything like that around Perrin. It could be streaks in the sky after the darkness  comes  (which will happen soon once Rand dies or breaks the seals). In that case it could be some kind of ta'veren effect producing the streaks and guiding Galad.

No, not that. I am talking about the new-found ability where the sun shines around Rand/Mat/Perrin. 

If the Shadow consumes the world, those three would be like streaks of light through the darkness. 

I suppose you could add  Elayne, Min and Aviendha as well, as they seem to benefit from the sunlight. 

SO yeah, a bunch of "lights fighting against the Darkness" (Min's viewings)

But it would be in reality, the Shadow consumes the world and the Pattern is "cloaked in his glorious (forgot what word)" basically the world is consumed by the Shadow and everything is "dark" with the "lights" of the main characters guiding the way. 

sun only shines around Rand (and his girls). It doesn't shine around Mat or Perrin.

At present, however, Mat and Perrin's influence over food and such mimicks Rand's. As they get closer together (with the swirling colours) the effects seem to become stronger. I think that they will produce similar fits of sunlight like Rand as the bond they have grows stronger and they get together. However, that's a theory for another time. 

The point still remains the same. You have Rand and 3 women producing sunlight, it doesn't matter particularly who it is, just that these patches of sunshine = streaks of light. 

In any case, that was just a clarification of what I was saying. Going from one sentence, you can't really construct a solid theory, just a bit of speculation, I'm not fussed on debating it. 

day 6:

The right thing had always seemed clear to Galad before, but never had it felt as right as this. Those streaks of light were like indicators on a map, arrows pointing his way. The Light itself guided him. It had prepared him, placed him here at this moment.

Galad in a Portal stone world?

I think the key phrase overall are the words PLACED HIM HERE AT THIS MOMENT, that right there is the important thing in this i think. He is about to do somethign either for the good side or maybee for the bad side not knowing it at the time. I belive the Light is showing him either a vison or some type of indicator that he has to take out somebody or something, and in the process gets either killed along the way or succeds.

that all sounded good in my head. Not sure if it does now lol.

you could say at a certain time and a certian place and in a certan way he is either going to do somethign badass or stupid and end up gettign killed. or he is going to die any ways.

Wanted to add may this be the begining of the final battle and one of the major veiw points of the last battle its self, the one with the ton of different point of veiws?

sun only shines around Rand (and his girls). It doesn't shine around Mat or Perrin.

At present, however, Mat and Perrin's influence over food and such mimicks Rand's. As they get closer together (with the swirling colours) the effects seem to become stronger. I think that they will produce similar fits of sunlight like Rand as the bond they have grows stronger and they get together. However, that's a theory for another time. 

The point still remains the same. You have Rand and 3 women producing sunlight, it doesn't matter particularly who it is, just that these patches of sunshine = streaks of light. 

In any case, that was just a clarification of what I was saying. Going from one sentence, you can't really construct a solid theory, just a bit of speculation, I'm not fussed on debating it. 

I agree with what you are saying, but correct me if I am wrong but I don't think anyone except Rand is actually causing the Light. It has only happened since Rand's epiphany on Dragonmount, right? So I think the bond with the three connected to Rand is what is causing the Light around the girls, and then when Mat and Perrin are close to Rand it makes sense that they would act as a kind of walking, talking, ta'veren angreal to Rand's Fisher King effect. It fits with the early dots of light viewing from Min. And gives a more tangible reason to why Rand needs the trio of ta'veren together rather then just a vague "Rand needs um".

It doesn't make much sense to me if the Dragon Reborn is One with the Land....and yet half a dozen other people are having the same effect. It makes more sense to me if they are just feeding off of or magnifying it's effect.

You know, I hadn't really considered it. But this quote makes me think we might actually see Perrin, Mat, and Rand in the same battle, together. With their firefly effect in full force. Now THAT is something I would love to see. Probably wouldn't happen, but it would be awesone to see Rand, Mat, and Perrin charging together at the head of a huge army. We've never seen that, not even at Falme.

Yeah, it is not the others that are producing the effects, it is their connections to Rand that give them these "powers". Certainly it is so with the 3 women. I am pretty certain it is the same with Mat and Perrin, with the connection and the swirling colours. The connection is growing stronger between them as the LB comes closer, and especially when Rand had his VoG moment and assumed a more complete control over his power, or at least understanding. 

Or it could be the Dark Side screwing with his head. Playing with his head, thinking that he's about to do something good and right but actually screwing the Light. Could be wrong and hope I am but that is the kind of thing the Shadow does.

Or it could be the Dark Side screwing with his head. Playing with his head, thinking that he's about to do something good and right but actually screwing the Light. Could be wrong and hope I am but that is the kind of thing the Shadow does.

I almost thought something like this, or he is wildly confused.  A symptom of the fanatical is to be easily mislead by another was what I had thought.

Galad getting some alone time with Berelain.

Lol ... Nice! I think that would be one of Galad's most hilarious moments.

No, not that. I am talking about the new-found ability where the sun shines around Rand/Mat/Perrin. 

If the Shadow consumes the world, those three would be like streaks of light through the darkness. 

I suppose you could add  Elayne, Min and Aviendha as well, as they seem to benefit from the sunlight. 

Wouldn't Alanna be the fourth one whose presence reduces the DO effect on food spoilage?

As to today's line, my hunch is that it is Galad finding himself on Rand's side protecting him from unexpected danger. It could be Luc!

you mean something like the vision of the Dragon that visited Masema? Possible but streaks of light would be a rather strange form for something like this. I would have expected something more straightforward like in Masema's case.

There is nothing to say that he needed the increase in Power, nor that it is what he is referring to. Heck, we don't even know this is Rand.

He said it was useful. Drawing from a Well instead of struggling with the source would be very useful, especially considering how exhausted he was afterwards. A little power stored up in a well would be very useful indeed. It would give him a little extra time channelling a little easier.

There is nothing to say that he needed the increase in Power, nor that it is what he is referring to. Heck, we don't even know this is Rand.

He said it was useful. Drawing from a Well instead of struggling with the source would be very useful, especially considering how exhausted he was afterwards. A little power stored up in a well would be very useful indeed. It would give him a little extra time channelling a little easier.

I'm reading through this topic for the first time, so forgive me, but there are some questions about whether Rand still suffers from nausea post-VoG, correct? I wonder if a well would allow him to circumvent that. He may still have to fill it, but he could do that in private. It would have to be a very large well to have handled Maradon, I'm sure. But even if it wasn't a well, he may have retrieved something to nullify the nausea.

EDIT: An "access key" to the Eye of the World would be interesting, though I'm not sure such a thing has ever been alluded to. But the Eye could be large enough for what he did, and might even allow him to wield more than his "max" so long as there was power in the well. It would be nice to see the Eye come back into use in the series.

Galad getting some alone time with Berelain.

Lol ... Nice! I think that would be one of Galad's most hilarious moments.

Wouldn't Alanna be the fourth one whose presence reduces the DO effect on food spoilage?

As to today's line, my hunch is that it is Galad finding himself on Rand's side protecting him from unexpected danger. It could be Luc!

It'd be cool if he remembers uncle Luc. And I'm all for his blood on the rocks.

Is Galad important enough to be targeted by the shadow? The cost of his death isn't that high.  I'm more inclined to believe it's the pattern leading. 

I just reread memory #6 and Galad seems to have regressed in his thinking about always knowing what was the right thing to do. I suspect this means that it's because the sentence is from the huge last chapter written by RJ and so from the end of the LB.

I'm reading through this topic for the first time, so forgive me, but there are some questions about whether Rand still suffers from nausea post-VoG, correct? I wonder if a well would allow him to circumvent that. He may still have to fill it, but he could do that in private. It would have to be a very large well to have handled Maradon, I'm sure. But even if it wasn't a well, he may have retrieved something to nullify the nausea.

EDIT: An "access key" to the Eye of the World would be interesting, though I'm not sure such a thing has ever been alluded to. But the Eye could be large enough for what he did, and might even allow him to wield more than his "max" so long as there was power in the well. It would be nice to see the Eye come back into use in the series.

I like the idea of Rand having a Well post VoG and argued for it myself but

I don't see why any kind of a Well would stop the channeling sickness.

Memory #7

"Nobody travels the Ways," Ituralde said, aghast.

Seems pretty self explanatory. What's interesting is that presumably Ituralde somehow ends up without access to Asha'man and Aes Sedai and needs the Ways to travel. Hard to see how that's going to come about. He'll also presumably  have some Ogier to guide him.

Archived