DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The aMoL 'Memories of Light' Releases

Luckers

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

most likely an angreal. Possibly a ter'angreal of some kind, considering the precision. But yeah, angreal it is. Possibly the fat man. Possibly the sa'angreal that is supposed to be the other more powerful than Callandor.

To venture into the more abstract, we could take it from multiple perspectives.

Ituralde: Something that has yet to be revealed that helped him. Unlikely though.

Random Asha'man: found some kind of power-item that will be important for some reason.

One of the Samma N'Sei (or whoever was Shadow-channeling and blew the hole in the wall): talkin bout something that helped blow the crap out of the wall.

Bashere: If you subscribe to him being a DF, possibly some kind of protection against Rand's power that seems to out DF's.

It had been useful at Maradon. Nobody knew he had it. That was important.

We have the first one. Discuss! What is it? Rand has an angreal?

A ter-angreal that reveals darkfriends?

Do we know that this is from a Rand POV? Makes more sense if it isn't, since we saw Maradon through Rands eyes.

Do we know that this is from a Rand POV? Makes more sense if it isn't, since we saw Maradon through Rands eyes.

We saw Maradon from the eyes of those around Rand. It wasn't a Rand POV. But an angreal is more likely. It would explain how he single handedly destroyed an army.

We saw Maradon from the eyes of those around Rand. It wasn't a Rand POV. But an angreal is more likely. It would explain how he single handedly destroyed an army.

Whoops, getting battles confused - thanks for that.

It would make sense, but we have author quotes that say Rand wasn't channeling any more impressively at Maradon than at the manor house (leaving aside how it was written).

yes, an angreal or a sa'angreal. that would explain why he seemed to be glowing in that scene and the incredible strength of channeling he showed at Maradon.

BTW, this was a pretty big spoiler. I wonder who decides on what to release every day.

The Fat Man seems possible.

Also I dunno if this is just me reacting to this in a vacuum, but this seems convenient in the face of the reaction to a Storm of Light. Another bandaid?

If it does turn out that Rand had an angreal and he was channelling stronger at Maradon than the Manor then, especially in light of questions he's been asked about it - and responses given, then it's a pretty big band-aid. I'm going to hope (and speculate on other options), for my own sanity :)

I don't know, I think that for what it is, your opinion is bias on this subject :)

It very well could be, but going from one sentence, I think that the benefit of the doubt should be given here. We have no idea what or how this thing plays a role.

(Although really, it could be a band-aid, and you are probably on the right track, but for now, I think reserving judgement is for the best)

The Fat Man seems possible.

Also I dunno if this is just me reacting to this in a vacuum, but this seems convenient in the face of the reaction to a Storm of Light. Another bandaid?

Qiute possibly. I've always thought Brandon got carried away with descriptions there given his quote of Rand already being "powered up" as of KoD and comparison betweent the "Battle of the Temple" and "Algarin's Manor".

Archived