DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The aMoL 'Memories of Light' Releases

Luckers

I have a very strong feeling Malkier will be restored. Among other things because of the last part of Nyn's Accepted test. It's pretty clearly the most prophetic of the three (same as for Egwene). There is the wording that accompanies it and Sharina was in it. If Lan dies and there is no Malkier then this whole part of the test will be basically completely unfulfilled.

So I think one of the following two things will happen. Either both Lan and Nyn live and become the rulers of Malkier or Lan dies after getting Nyn pregnant and their son becomes the king of Malkier.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm guessing that the "Holy Woman" will be an Aes Sedai or another Randlander. I don't think we have a lot of time in this book to have yet another "defeat the puppet master" story arc. As far as who, Berelain seems the best guess. If we truly see Mat make peace between the WT and Seanchan then about any Aes Sedai would work. Egwene is too busy being Amyrlin, Cadsuane isn't a great fit and is advisor to Rand. Moraine will probably stick close to Rand as well. Siuan is a intriguing possibility. A healed Setalle is another. I don't see a collared Aes Sedai Damane as a likely candidate. Simply from the social repercussions. An Aes Sedai would be bad enough. 

The new one:

"That, she replied back, is something one should never, never say to an Aes Sedai. Ever."

Cadsuane? Pevara? Egwene?

Two things.  First thing, isn't "never ever" more grammatically correct.  "Never never" is a double negative, or am I missing something?  I never never took ate human flesh = I am a cannibal.

Oi Vei! Don't some of you know people in real life who use double negatives or struggle to get the words right. Why can't a person in a book suffer from similar problems?

Wow ... this is a novel ... not someone's grammar homework. I imagine the same sort of people can't understand Picasso's paintings and why they all "look funny."

I'm going to go with Egwene ... but I have no idea what it is shouldn't be said. Some words like "strip" or "make me a sandwich" come to mind ... but I'm still running my prediction formula and I should have the results back from it by 1/9/13.

I'd say more likely Mat at Merrilor...with whoever. I think Tuon's reaction will be....different.

Also, dunno where else to put it, but one of the early readers reported that "The Last Battle" is 190 pages long. And that it's not the last chapter.

Perhaps he'd be snide about someone asking if it's like the 50th person to do so, but still... what is Brandon's fascination with thinking high numbers of things are funny now? 

This is, of course, assuming it's about the eye that he lost in ToM and not his remaining one.  Maybe he's eyeless as a Fade now.

Also, dunno where else to put it, but one of the early readers reported that "The Last Battle" is 190 pages long. And that it's not the last chapter.

I'd be very disappointed if it was the last chapter. There's going to be an awful lot of tidying up to be done afterwards. (Not that I'm expecting everything to be explained, but still)

Flippant, but interesting. I agree  it probably does not involve Tuon. But 13 is a number with huge implications, whilst 'innkeepers' makes me think of Setalle, who has connections to AS and Mat.

Am I reading too much into this? Probably.

It's a red herring.

I'd say more likely Mat at Merrilor...with whoever. I think Tuon's reaction will be....different.

Ditto.  

Plus, this is a miniscule quibble, but I wish that chapter was titled Tarmon Gai'don instead.  More epic.  190 pages will take me a few hours to read, need to put an epic soundtrack together (Navras / Neodammerung by Juno Reactor, Minas Tirith from LotR, Arena / Derezzed from Tron: Legacy, etc.), 

Plus, this is a miniscule quibble, but I wish that chapter was titled Tarmon Gai'don instead.

I had the same thought. I was hoping all along it would be named that, but I figured it would be either that or The Last Battle.

The new one:

"That, she replied back, is something one should never, never say to an Aes Sedai. Ever."

Two things.  First thing, isn't "never ever" more grammatically correct.  "Never never" is a double negative, or am I missing something?  I never never took ate human flesh = I am a cannibal.

The new one:

Oi Vei! Don't some of you know people in real life who use double negatives

There is an apostrophe between both "nevers"; the second "never" is clearly being used for emphasis.

I could very well see a chapter titled "The Last Battle" having little to do with TG itself and rather being about someone having to overcome some last personal hurdle in order to get where they need to be plot-wise. Or, you know, it could actually be The Last Battle.

It's hard to say who because there are mixed signals. For one there is no emotion shown with the question. If it was Nynaeve, Egwene or Elayne I'm sure there would be some exclamation of shock or surprise because it'd be the first thing they asked once they saw him. Nynaeve in particular wouldn't be so calm about it. Rand and Perrin are the ones most likely imo to be able to ask that question without any sign of surprise since they are likely to see Mat in their visions. But I don't think Mat would deflect the question with either of them. With Rand and Perrin I'd say Mat would actually tell them that it happened in the ToG. Those kinds of jokes are what Mat usually says to women or people he doesn't trust all that much. Well, most of the people Mat doesn't trust happen to be women. XD

If you combine both Tuon actually isn't a bad choice. She has a very strong self-control and she has been trained to keep such reactions hidden. Besides she has those odd Seanchan notions of propriety, I could see her deadpanning the question.

That said I think the most likely candidate is a woman probably not part of the maincast who isn't all that close to Mat, especially one who is used to have people jump at her every word. I know again this applies to most of the women Mat knows, but someone like Teslyn or Joline or even Aludra would be my guess.

It is probably a woman talking to Mat. Rand or Perrin would ask, "What happened to your eye?" .... Randland Women, however, have to "blame" Mat and ask, "What did you do to your eye?"

If it is in Merrilor, then Nynaeve might be the one. Or it could be Setalle Anan.

As Tam attacked again, Rand lifted the sword and-

There's been discussion on Tam and Rand sparring, so, (just to be awkward) I'm going to say they are fighting two other people and not each other

edit:

Interesting that Rand lifts the sword, instead of his sword

The sparring in Leigh Butler's review I guess.

yes, I'm quite sure it is even though I was given 9 different reasons by Mark D that it can't possibly be the case. :)

yes, this is a bit strange but might look ok once we have the full context. We don't know what the preceding sentence is.

The sparring in Leigh Butler's review I guess.

yes, I'm quite sure it is even though I was given 9 different reasons by Mark D that it can't possibly be the case. :)

yes, this is a bit strange but might look ok once we have the full context. We don't know what the preceding sentence is.

Lol Herid!!! I was just looking for that post from Mark so I could quote it.

Is it me or does the most recent Memory of Light (day 20) email seem cutoff?  Also, I have been a little disappointed in the quality of the emails.  Tor's emails states that Sentences, words, paragraphs, chapter titles...memories, if you will, of light will be released, but so far, it has been basically phrases.  Where are the spoilers and paragraphs?

Archived