DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Movies That've Made You Cry

Nolder

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Million Dollar Baby made me tear up.

Gardens of Stone and Section 60 made my cry. Section 60 was ridiculously sad, if you aren't at least fighting tears by the end of that movie, you aren't human.

Dude I watched Gardens of Stone when I was an infantryman in the 82nd Airborne and I had a hard time not tearing up.

We Were Soldiers. The scene where Joe loads Jimmy Nakiyama onto the med-evac after he gets hit by napalm and he throws down his rifle as the Seargeant Major hands him his camera and starts taking pictures. Man... as a combat vet it gets me every time. That and the charge of the mountain at the end when "Sgt. MacKensie" starts playing... Chills up the spine man. If you don't know, this is the song I'm referring to:

The end of Last of the Mohicans when Duncan sacrifices himself to save the others and Hawkeye puts him out of his misery as he's being burned alive. Then when Chingachgook is just moments too late to save Uncas and Alice throws herself off the cliff. Chingachgook takes Magua down like a punk, but then realizes he's the last of his people. So sad. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tiKM4fxY1U&feature=related

• 4 weeks later...

The Lord of the Rings movies bring tears to my eyes every time I watch them, and Million Dollar Baby was amazing but turly brutal. Requeim for a Dream didn't make me cry, but it did send me digging through the closet for my old Winnie the Poo books. Poo Bear... make it right... the world is a good place isn't it Poo Bear?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

So I started watching The Boy in the Striped Pajamas, and got about 20 minutes into it before stopping it, at least for now. The main character and his family move next to a 'farm' (camp) and the little boy asks his dad, a soldier if he can play with the children there, and to see him try to explain in his words "Those people, they're not really people..." before the mom cuts him off. And some of those people say it never even happened? It makes me sad. My grandfather Jim was in one of those camps as a p.o.w. All we can do is pray for them I guess.  I'm sure I'll cry again before it's over.

I cry every time I watch Moulin Rouge, and the last Harry Potter movie. Every darn time. When I saw the HP movie in the cinema I was sitting with my fist stuffed into my mouth so nobody would hear me sobbing...

I know there's more movies, but I can't remember them right now.

I cry every time I watch Moulin Rouge, and the last Harry Potter movie. Every darn time. When I saw the HP movie in the cinema I was sitting with my fist stuffed into my mouth so nobody would hear me sobbing...

I know there's more movies, but I can't remember them right now.

Oh my gosh I know! If I could cut off the last 5 minutes of the Moulin Rouge I'd be ok.

Archived