DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Valen Luca

Stormofheaven

Anybody think were going to see Valen Luca and his circus in the last book? My dream is that after the last battle, he sees Nynaeve and Lan is like 10 steps away. Luca says something dumb and Lan comes over stabs him. Repeatedly. Enough so, that there is no possible way she can heal him. Ever.

No telling, I honestly doubt we'll see Luca again, but who's to say.

I don't actually want him to die, but if he never gets screen time again I wouldn't be to disappointed.

As to Lan killing him... not going to happen. If Rand can have his harem why can Nynaeve have her's :nynaeve:

Valan Luca has served his purpose. No need to slow down - drag any part of the plot with his 2 leagues a day marches. He'll probably turn his show back and head to Ebou Dar to earn his money in the new Seanchan capital and perform for the Empress, may she live forever!

I wouldn't be surprised if somehow he ends up in the blight and somehow convinces trollocs to pay and watch him.

more likely, he'll convince trollocs to perform for him, and a fade to perform some vanishing acts. maybe a worm to eat them all for the finale.

Luca seems like a Randland "Pimp" in his own mind. I love Luca for one reason. It's not his way with women, it's not his ego, it's not even his love of money and good clothes. It's his Cape. Gotta love a person who can not only wear a cape, but wear it well and know they look good with it on.

That would be an awesome twist but very unlikely. I loved Luca he was great for comic relief but I just don't see him making an appearance. This is mainly because who needs to hide from the forsaken or the Seanchan anymore? He was only good for a cover and since everybody is coming out into the open theres no point for him to exist. However, I wouldn't be disappointed if there was a page on him being heroic and foolish while his menagerie falls apart. Valan Luca patron saint of travelling performers muahahahaha.

First I thought "valen luca? that character got written off like dr drake remoray..."

however in ToM we are treated to that same farmer who gave Rand, Mat, and then one of them I dont recall who another ride.

So maybe Valen has yet to give his last appearance.

Now you may be asking - what does farmer blunt have to do with luca? Well its writing style and circles of the wheel and stuff. No character is ever just "filler."

No no no no. You have it all wrong. Luca might want to get Shadowspawn to perform in his circus, but in reality Fain is going to create his own competing circus that highlights performing Shadowspawn. And in the end, Luca will make his reappearance in order to kill Fain and destroy his main competition in the race to become the biggest circus in Randland. You still get to see Lurks dancing the sa'sara, or maybe the tiganza, and Luca gets to make a final appearance and accomplish a big task.

Who wouldn't be happy with that?!

*Insert tongue in cheek*

Hmm... Luca as Demandred. Yes, I can see that. /nods sagely. His "travelling show" is really just a cover for the amazing super-secret commando unit he's been building. When the Light side gets a load of his army of dancing bears, contortionists and back-flipping dogs, they'll just run away in terror. Man, a group like that would make the Bloodknives look like a troop of Girl Scouts!

Archived