DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Will Tam al'Thor marry again?

Ajvn

Cadsuane will probably go out in a blaze of glory in MoL, like killing Taim and a whole host of his lackys. She's approaching binder death anyway, I could see her coming to a realization and removing the oaths. I personally think she's checking out with a bang, she is the queen of the battle ajah after all. One of its few useful members

If he ends up with anyone I'd say it'd be Alanna there has to be more reason for that bond than we have seen so far. I'd say Tam asked her to keep an eye on him (not to bond him obviously) we know she is not on Verin's list so this is the only way to explain her actions fully imo

Really, if she foreswore the oaths (which I don't think she'd do), she'd be middle aged.

I like Cadsuane more than most. Her Far Madding sensibilities are a big detraction, but she doesn't suffer fools, or stupid rules. One of the few AS to treat other sisters based on merit and what they can contribute rather than raw power.

One theory, since debunked, said that Tam might marry Morgase, because they are of an age and would have time to get to know one another while serving under Perrin. Obviously, Morgase is with Tallanvor now, and obviously will not be widowed AND rehusbanded by the time AMoL wraps up.

There's no other woman for Tam. He's got no interest. Truth be told, and I hate this... he's not likely to survive The Last Battle. Though he is obviously Rand's father now, and a touching reunion it was, he is more a soldier. Helping to command Perrin's forces, he just doesn't seem likely to see the other side. He's already served his purpose, now that Rand has found laughter and tears.

I love the character Tam, and would not like to read his death, but I guess I very well might.

One theory, since debunked, said that Tam might marry Morgase, because they are of an age and would have time to get to know one another while serving under Perrin. Obviously, Morgase is with Tallanvor now, and obviously will not be widowed AND rehusbanded by the time AMoL wraps up.

There's no other woman for Tam. He's got no interest. Truth be told, and I hate this... he's not likely to survive The Last Battle. Though he is obviously Rand's father now, and a touching reunion it was, he is more a soldier. Helping to command Perrin's forces, he just doesn't seem likely to see the other side. He's already served his purpose, now that Rand has found laughter and tears.

I love the character Tam, and would not like to read his death, but I guess I very well might.

I also thought that he is going to marry Morgase. The books mentioned several times that it is not so unusual for the Andor nobility to marry a commoner.

But now we know for sure that it won't happen. I would like to see Tam al'Thor as a husband anyway. We know him as a soldier, we know him as a father...the

role of husband could deepen the character.

I also thought that he is going to marry Morgase. The books mentioned several times that it is not so unusual for the Andor nobility to marry a commoner.

But now we know for sure that it won't happen. I would like to see Tam al'Thor as a husband anyway. We know him as a soldier, we know him as a father...the

I think that's a good point, but honestly, I don't think we will see it simply due to there being no room for it. I mean, so much stuff has to happen in AMoL, I don't see Sanderson marrying Tam. It would really just be a waste of space. It would be nice and all feel good and what not, but unless it served a real purpose, I don't see it happening.

I think that's a good point, but honestly, I don't think we will see it simply due to there being no room for it. I mean, so much stuff has to happen in AMoL, I don't see Sanderson marrying Tam. It would really just be a waste of space. It would be nice and all feel good and what not, but unless it served a real purpose, I don't see it happening.

I dont see this happening either, and I think Mrs Sanderson would have something to say about it as well :darkone: .

On a serious note though, I dont think Tam will marry again. He's been dodging so many "oh my sister is a better cook than me" type insinuations since Kari passed, he just isn't looking for another wife/partner at such a late stage in his life.

A.

you guys are all missing the point that RJ never added info that was useless there had to be a reason for putting a whole chapter of how he has been dodging advances if it's not going to build up to something later remember even random wagon drivers from the first book popped up in the later books.

you guys are all missing the point that RJ never added info that was useless there had to be a reason for putting a whole chapter of how he has been dodging advances if it's not going to build up to something later remember even random wagon drivers from the first book popped up in the later books.

Ok you've convinced us. Surely we are missing the point :rolleyes:

"Rand, say hello to your new stepmother, Cadsuane."

I have won again, Lews Therin.

This is probably the best call I have seen in months. Excellent!

I really have no idea where this is coming from. It is such a random point, I doubt there will be any serious plot involving Tam and a potential partner. I mean, Tam is awesome and all, but who on earth cares? He has had his love with Kari etc.. and as mentioned by Terez, seems very loyal to her. In EotW he has been avoiding re-marriage, which gives credence to this assumption.

He has show no romantic interest in any character whatsoever. I would hardly call the incident with Cadsuane a "love at first sight" moment. I just cannot see any relevancy coming out of this.

It is interesting to discuss, but in terms of the actual story, it just has no purpose. If there is any reference to romance with Tam, it will probably a quick declaration of love or a footnote in the epilogue like "Tam lived rest of his life with so-and-so"

Ok you've convinced us. Surely we are missing the point :rolleyes:

I don't know for sure he's going to end up with anyone, but RJ never spent any time explaining specific things to turn around and not use them somehow. Kinch made an appearance what 11 books later? I just say don't rule it out, I see there being a possibility for it.

Archived