DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

All I want for Christmas

Maria

Hey everyone. We did this last year and it had some good outcomes so I thought we could try again this year. The rules are as follows:

- Reply to this thread. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.

- If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.

Step Two

- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.

You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.

There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.

---

My list is as follows:

1. Aaron Sorkin's Sports Night on DVD (I'm unable to find this anywhere *pout*)

2. A Keeper stole

3. Snail mail letters

4. Bradley Whitford (and if I can't get him in person then an autograph or something would do just fine :P)

5. A trip to the States

6. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone in hardback (the British version. I have the American one, but it's just not the same)

7. A new English-Norwegian Norwegian-English dictionary (my old one isn't very good)

8. Poetry books (especially W.H. Auden or Louis MacNeice)

9. A fluffy fic (Harry Potter or West Wing fandom)

10. A new layout for my LJ

Contact info: mortma @ gmail . com (remove the spaces of course =))

---

Allright, now you go and we'll see if anyone's wish will be fulfilled this year, as well.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oooh... What a great idea. If nothing else, we can drool over everyone else's list.

1. Nice pins or brooches to jazz up my suits.

2. The Ancient Aes Sedai pendant from Badali Jewelry. I should have purchased this at Dragon*Con when I had a coupon.

3. Postcards from countries that aren't America. Also, samples of currency. I teach social studies and my kids eat this stuff up.

4. Stress balls. I let my wiggly students play with them during class. It keeps them from humming, tapping, whistling, clicking and kicking chair legs. I had some free, foam, apples and peaches that barely survived the last school year and have not survived the current one. So if anyone can send me some new ones, I'd be forever grateful. I don't care if they have logos on them, so long as they are school appropriate.

5. A working shower in my master bathroom. It broke last month and we've been using the guest bathroom. It is a pain. But the garage door broke the same week and we had to fix that first.

6. Candles. I love candles. My husband prefers unscented, but I am not picky.

7. Arrested Development on DVD. We've been Netflixing them, I'd like to own them outright.

8. Snakes on a Plane on DVD. They are releasing this in time for Christmas, right? Right?

9. Tiny bottles of hand lotion to keep in my purse. You know, the sample sized bottles you get at hotels. I haven't traveled much this year, so I've run out.

10. Lots of silly letters and notes. I love getting mail. =)

3. Postcards from countries that aren't America. Also, samples of currency. I teach social studies and my kids eat this stuff up.

Send me an email with your adress (accidently deleted my adress list), and I'll see what I can do, if I can only remember to not buy beer for all my money...

As for my list. In no particular order:

Hedwig & The Angry Inch on DVD. There's not a friggin store in this country that appears to have it GRRR!!!

Tintin comic books in French

A plane ticket to the US

Odd music instruments.

Belgian beer, lots of different ones.

Diamond studs for my ears

Blankets with snazzo patterns on them

Celtic-influenced silver rings (for fingers)

Plants. My home desperatly needs more green

Wooden thingies, statuettes etc.

Hmm... What do I want for Christmas?

1- Less stress at work. If anyone can tell me HOW to get it instead of that I need it, I'd be forever grateful.

2- My friends' lives to SETTLE DOWN! Is it wrong to want them to smile more than cry? *sighs* I'll take every other month being stellar for them as a compromise, but... I'd rather not compromise, if I can get away with it...

3- All 9 released seasons of SG1 on DVD (I have season 6, now I need the rest. What? It's my favorite season, sue me. :P )

4- My book published. Yeah, I have to actually find someone who'll read the thing and pimp it for me. *sighs*

5- A baby. I got everything else on my to-do list. Just this last little hang up...

6- books and more bookcases for my library.

7- plants. *grins* Sure I have a zillion, but what's a zillion more? I have a HUGE front and back yard to fill, people!

8- More pen pals. :) I got a great one when I asked last year.

9- Bricks for my plant boxes. I need 86, I have 14. They're $.79 each at Home Depot. It may not sound like much, but try prying that $$ out of the hubby's hands, I dare ya. ;)

10- A wireless keyboard that doesn't die after 6 months. Don't get cute, I replace the batteries. Every 45 minutes of typing, as a matter of fact and I put the used ones on the charger, too. Microsoft replaced the first one after it died. I'm about to have to write them about the new one now. *grumbles and mutters and kicks stuff*

Oh, and Maj, I just bought this for myself:

http://www.gaelsong.com/Shop_by_Department/Jewelry/Rings/Spinner_Ring/Page_1/J7630.html

If you find something you like from a company in the states, feel free to e-mail for my address to ship it to. I won't mind in the least passing it along to you and paying for the shipping. :)

Oh, and PM's and the info in my profile is just fine for contacting me. LOL Just in case anyone's in for hooking me up this year...

hmmm... my list is simple enough.. and complicated enough!

1. My very own Orion Slave girl :P

2. An egg beater

3. The humans in BSG to kill the cylons already. Wait.. scratch that... would make for a boring show..

3. Orange Converse men's size 10 1/2

4. Any oriental art. Paintings, sculptures out of wood, jade, etc, banners, you name it, I want it! Except for buddhas.

5. the original "The Italian Job"

6. no more drama among friends, both off and online

7. nike low cut socks (men's size 6-12)

8. An Auburn "AU" logo sticker for my car. 3" or 4" by 4" or 5" ish

9. Startrek (TOS) first season on DVD

10. Mario Kart for Nintendo DS

oooh I didn't do this last year so I think I will now :D let's see....

1. Aes Sedai silver ring (size 5) hehe

2. Aes Sedai Shawl

3. Aes Sedai silver green pendant

lol yes I seem to have a theme..

4. More time with Staffy

5. Bubble bath..anykind, i've run out..

6. Fantasy Books..I've only read SoT, WoT, and HP...

7. Time to read books :? lol

8. Fuzzy, comfy sweaters

9. New DM sig

10. A pet penguin :D

It took me forever to think of a list, since I don't like a lot of stuff sitting around the house. The things I want are more experience-related than material things.

1.) A boyfriend from SoCal (no long distance for now) who fits all the requirements on my list for a mate.

2.) Offers for interviews from all the places I applied to for internship.

3.) More patients who consistently show up for their sessions.

4.) Christmas cookies and sweets.

5.) Gift certificates to bookstores so I can buy more books.

6.) Tickets to a musical that I haven't seen.

7.) More time to work on my hobbies and develop my talents.

8.) Losing weight and toning up.

9.) Money to put into a fund for non-Americans to be able to afford coming to Dragon*Con next year.

10.) The sig Joe is making me to be finished so I can show it off. :P

Hunh. I don't really expect anyone to buy me anything, but it seemed fun to make a list. ^_^

Things Arya Currently Wants:

1. A really pretty sig. I suck at making them. (Favorite colors are pink and green, obviously. :P)

2. Bah. I need money so I can buy the boyfriend something special. I work as a waitress in an awesome restaurant that sadly, doesn't get much business, so I make around $10 a night.

3. DVD: Ice Age 2

4. And DVD: Pirates of the Caribbean 2

5. A coffeemaker.

6... Money again, so I can buy things for my parents. AGH.

7. One of those College Cookbooks you see in the bookstore. I SUCK at cooking, and I always want to make dinner for boyfriend and... it tends to blow up. Literally.

8. Victoria's Secret makes me ecstatic.

9. Letters and postcards are always fun.

10... You know, this is hard to think up this much stuff. An Aes Sedai ring size 6, I suppose. :P Since I'm Accepted and snazzy now, haha

JSUDreamChaser@hotmail.com (Though I just posted for fun, don't worry! :D)

This was a TON of fun last year so I've been looking forward to it again. ;) I hope that I can help be a secret Santa again this year too. *pokes Lor* hehehe

Kelly's Christmas List

1. Anything related to Star Wars or James Bond for my hubby. (He's a fanatic and I'm soooooooo broke this year.) :(

2. A pair of earrings (anything with a Celtic design, I haven't had a pair of earrings in 4 years)

3. Any kind of Oriental or Asian stuff

4. A TMX ELMO FOR MY NIECE!!! (I've looked EVERYWHERE!! *cries*)

5. Any clothing 4XL or larger

6. Postcards from anywhere!

7. Any kind of spare material for sewing. (I'm trying to get back into it again.)

8. Hair sticks

9. The best Christmas ever for all my DM friends!!

10. The best Christmas ever for my family and loved ones!!

Contact me at: kellydarrell@charter.net

I can only think of one thing at the moment...and it is very Scrooge like! lol! I will fill the others in over time, since I don't really know what I want my parents to get me.

1. For Christmas celebrations and stuff to actually start in December. I am fed up of seeing Christmas stuff everywhere by this time of the year. Christmas is in December, and should stay in December.

2. [to be filled]

3. [to be filled]

4. [to be filled]

5. [to be filled]

6. [to be filled]

7. [to be filled]

8. [to be filled]

9. [to be filled]

10. [to be filled]

Anyone who can fulfil wish number 1 will go down in history in my eyes.

if you can do anything, contact me on valhalla_407@hotmail.com

ooh, these are fun!

1. postcards and snailmail! love it. never get it..

2. I liked the fund Dwyn was talking about! :D

3. the job I really want in Washington DC.. ut I wont know for another 6 months, so I guess its too much to ask!

4. A song of ice and fire! the whole series! everyone says its so good, but its not in any store around here!

5. a memorycard for my PS2 so I can turn it off

6. a new cellphone

7. lose 15 kg!

8. good grades on my exams!

9. Photoshop!

10. snow!!!!

oh, and everyone that wants cards and psot, jsut email me your addy, and I'll send one from pretty norway!!

Ohlala, some pretty nifty stuff there, I think I just have to bookmark this, even though I've seen several of the designs at my local favourite bling-store. Can never have too much shinies to look at :D

10. snow!!!!

You can have everything we get here. The only time I like snow is when it's on a pretty postcard. Cold, wet, stupid thing.

I think I like this tread :D

Havent made one of these in years....

1. To pass my statistics exam

2. To get god grades on my biology and math exam

3. Postcards from DM-people

4. For someone to make my sig. special and cool. And the correct size...

5. Snow

6. Loose 15 kg. ( but with christmas its more likely too gain 5...:? )

7. A learn how to play the guitar überfast and übercool guide

8. A complete alpine-ski-set. Boots, skis, new alpine jacket and pants.

9. Cross country/montain ski-set.

10. Money to by new clothes....

If anybody want some postcards let me know, and Kathana, I'll even mail you some norwegian currency (just keep in mind that im on a student budget :wink: ). Just mail me/PM me the adress...

Btw, MsD. The "A Song of Ice And Fire" series is really good. I bought mine form amazon US. you'll save alot of money doing so, if you oont get them for christmas...

martinktvete @ gmail.com

Archived