DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Transfomers 4

Emperor

STOP GOING TO SEE THESE FILMS PEOPLE! It only enourages Bay that he has talent. And yeah... saying the third one was better than the second one is like saying Uwe Boll's Bloodrayne was better than [insert any of his other movies here]!!!

Michael Bay has revealed on his official blog that a June 29th 2014 release date is being targeted for a fourth "Transformers" film.

Bay's small scale crime flick "Pain And Gain" starring Mark Wahlberg, Dwayne Johnson, and Ed Harris will go in front of cameras first starting this April. Bay says "I have just concluded a deal with Paramount to do two movies, but it won't be two 'Transformers.' I will first do 'Pain & Gain' with Mark Wahlberg and Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson. Then I will do the next Transformers for release on June 29th 2014".

In terms of casting and tone, Producer Lorenzo Di Bonaventura says that it'll probably be something akin to the upcoming "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" (a part sequel/part reboot).

He tells MTV that "I think we really are going to do a reboot there. [but] what that's going to be, we don't even know yet… We've got to get a story first. It's a hybrid because there's still continuity going on, and there will be a lot of new cast. Whether there's anybody from the first cast, we don't even know yet. But it's going to be a whole new story. But the characters that would certainly come along would be Optimus and Bumblebee, I'm sure."

• 4 weeks later...

I enjoyed the first and third one. The second one was annoying. Yeah Bay doesn't do enough with the Transformers unless he plans on killing one. Then you see a little bit more of that one.

What really irritated me is that Shi la baff always played the same whiny kid who never grew up. Supposedly all the human actors will be replaced in a fourth film.

Loved all the trek references in Dark of the Moon.

I enjoyed the movies as movies, but when you think about all three as a whole ... epic fail.

For example ...

The ancient Primes came to earth and built their sun destroying pyramid thing. And they somehow failed to notice the giant CUBE they'd been looking for since forever ago?

Megatron made a deal with the psycho bot from the third movie to build a teleporter to bring their home world to earth ... and forgot to tell his boss from the second movie who wanted to harvest the sun with the afore mentioned pyramid. He also managed to crash land in a glacier hundreds of years before he was supposed to meet with the guy.

His boss, mister Fallen One himself, had apparently been chilling out on one of Saturn's moons for 15000 years ... and never noticed the cube in that whole time he was monitoring earth and planning his revenge.

Soo ... it seems like Decepticons are total noobs when it comes to hatching evil plots. Can't wait to see what kind of plot hole filled incompetence they come up with this time.

• Community Administrator

I enjoyed the movies as movies, but when you think about all three as a whole ... epic fail.

For example ...

The ancient Primes came to earth and built their sun destroying pyramid thing. And they somehow failed to notice the giant CUBE they'd been looking for since forever ago?

Megatron made a deal with the psycho bot from the third movie to build a teleporter to bring their home world to earth ... and forgot to tell his boss from the second movie who wanted to harvest the sun with the afore mentioned pyramid. He also managed to crash land in a glacier hundreds of years before he was supposed to meet with the guy.

His boss, mister Fallen One himself, had apparently been chilling out on one of Saturn's moons for 15000 years ... and never noticed the cube in that whole time he was monitoring earth and planning his revenge.

Soo ... it seems like Decepticons are total noobs when it comes to hatching evil plots. Can't wait to see what kind of plot hole filled incompetence they come up with this time.

Aside from transporting Cybertron directly over earth? I'd think an 'alien' race that technologically advanced would know two objects can't share the same space... Not just meaning destruction of earth, but destruction of both. (And it does look as if cybertron in the movie was solid, and not simply a 'dysonsphere' which would be more akin to cybertron technology... in whichcase, it make more sense using it over Sol, and not earth..)

remember when the transport failed?

Yea... Megatron/old-prime? They cut cybertron in half...

Optimus Prime?

He purposely allowed millions of humans to be annihlated, and allowed the destruction of a city (or more?) just to prove that deceptacons are evil? My god! Thats not the Optimus Prime I grew up with! He's a total dick head in the movies! After that stunt, I wouldn't want to be his friend either.

Optimus Prime?

He purposely allowed millions of humans to be annihlated, and allowed the destruction of a city (or more?) just to prove that deceptacons are evil? My god! Thats not the Optimus Prime I grew up with! He's a total dick head in the movies! After that stunt, I wouldn't want to be his friend either.

Though in his defense, the government DID tell him to leave. He's all about law and order ... or some crap like that.

• 2 months later...

Optimus Prime?

I felt like that about Megatron! Him, serving someone? I dont think so. Even as Galvatron, he was going to backstab Unicron with the Matrix. Now he willingly serves the Fallen?

All in all, I dont think the movies are a COMPLETE failure but the way Bay roped in all the old references was a good idea but terribly executed. Prime isnt as heroic as he was in the old story, and Megatron isnt as evil, and Bay completely ruined Devastator. Twice.

Convert the old animated movie to live action, without changing any of the characters or story, and it'll sell more than any of the others.

Optimus Prime?

Take that Optimus! Haha that made me laugh a lot

• 2 weeks later...

booooooring. i havent paid to watch any of them either, in fact the only reson ive watched any of them was because my sister in law and her boyfriend made me sit and watch them. i have 0 intent to watch a forth. only reason to even think of watching one is because of the hot girl.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I saw the first one, hated it.

I'm not a die-hard fan; I ADORE Beast Wars, and tried watching G1, but it was hard to get into - guess I'm too young. :P

I've heard the second movie was just absolutely atrocious, so I guess I'm better off as is.

However, I have heard that this new Transformers: Prime is pretty good, I might give that a shot.

Okey I am a huge fan of G1 Transformers, I have the show on DVD and I still watch it. I have a collection of the toys, quite a few Transformers books and comics, I am a fan, and as a fan I am not happy with the live action Transformers movies. But if I lay all that on the shelf for a moment and just watch the movies for what they are, mindless science fiction action flicks, good for a night in the sofa with some popcorn and little else then I sort of like them, then they are sort of entertaining, though they do spit on the original source material.

STOP GOING TO SEE THESE FILMS PEOPLE! It only enourages Bay that he has talent. And yeah... saying the third one was better than the second one is like saying Uwe Boll's Bloodrayne was better than [insert any of his other movies here]!!!

Michael Bay has revealed on his official blog that a June 29th 2014 release date is being targeted for a fourth "Transformers" film.

Bay's small scale crime flick "Pain And Gain" starring Mark Wahlberg, Dwayne Johnson, and Ed Harris will go in front of cameras first starting this April. Bay says "I have just concluded a deal with Paramount to do two movies, but it won't be two 'Transformers.' I will first do 'Pain & Gain' with Mark Wahlberg and Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson. Then I will do the next Transformers for release on June 29th 2014".

In terms of casting and tone, Producer Lorenzo Di Bonaventura says that it'll probably be something akin to the upcoming "G.I. Joe: Retaliation" (a part sequel/part reboot).

He tells MTV that "I think we really are going to do a reboot there. [but] what that's going to be, we don't even know yet… We've got to get a story first. It's a hybrid because there's still continuity going on, and there will be a lot of new cast. Whether there's anybody from the first cast, we don't even know yet. But it's going to be a whole new story. But the characters that would certainly come along would be Optimus and Bumblebee, I'm sure."

Do you listen to Kermode at all?

Seriously the one good thing about a Michael Bay film being released is the Mark Kermode film review:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFm6nWeJeoA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g__bQ-Y7D8Q

(link is just voice, can't see video)

Will remove video links if anyone has a problem.

• 4 weeks later...

Being a huge fan of Transformers since I was 7, it was a interesting attempt at bringing them to big screen motion pictures. Hearing Peter Cullen was amazing, and just hearing his voice after 24 years was amazing.... then Leonard Nimoy in movie 3!?! Gave me chills!!!! I agree that they spent tooooo long on humans, but the biggest gripe? WHY WAS FRANK WELKER REDUCED TO BIT PARTS!!!!!!! HIS ABCENSE AS MEGATRON'S VOICE IS WHY THE DECEPTICON LEADER WAS OFF!!! I would advise to watch Transformers Prime. It is the best cartoon series of this decade..... with Peter Cullen as Optimus Prime, and Frank Welker returning as Megatron..... Take a look, THAT will definately bring back the memories!!!

Optimus will ALWAYS be my top childhood superhero.

Also: Do not blame Optimus Prime for the city's destruction. Humanity could quite easily had said no to Sentinel's demand. They were trying to save their own skins, and deserved to get a taste of what Prime and his Autobots went through during the War; exactly as Prime warned the President through Galloway in the 2nd film. Optimus Prime at this point was not acknowledged by Humanity as the legitimate Prime and the Cybertronian equivalent of a President or Queen.......or First Among Servants. He left purley because he said it is what he promised do if told to leave.... and Oprtimus Prime keeps his promises. The fault lies with the decision makers. Prime has said that 'we had the right to decide for themselves'. In this case they chose poorly, very very poorly, and nearly cost Humanities existance as a result. Think they will learn by the next film??

More importantly, what would you all do if Optimus Prime appeared on Earth today???? I know what I would do.

Archived