DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Weekend Plans

Ryrin

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a great weekend working Naka-Kon in Overland Park, Kansas. :biggrin: Learned some new Con skills (I've never been in Registration before. I'm usually Guest Relations/Events) and made lots of new friends! Glad to be home now. My honey is home from Gulf Wars with piles of stories. 

Wars are awesome. I hope you get to go to one soon! Though I enjoy our local events a lot as well. 

I don't get to go nearly often enough. It's been over ten years since I last made Gulf Wars. But next year Spring Break and Gulf Wars overlap again, so I am hoping to take the whole family next year. 

Wars are addictive (try looking at this conversation out of context. It's disturbing...).

I had a blast at Gulf Wars, now I get to recover! I'm going to make it to fighter practice tomorrow, but I still have laundry (oh, the endless laundry!!!) And my house is a wreck. Fun stuff...

Yeah, I joined my local Barony of Facebook.  Soon, I will attend my first SCA event.  I got like 35 replies to my post.  They seem like an awesome bunch.

Hooray for a friendly group. I have visited groups in many places with warm welcome, but am quite happy to have lived in our local Province for fifteen years now (since it was still a Shire). Much of our region is like family. 

May you have a great first even Ryrin! 

This morning I am attending the memorial and wake for a fifteen-year-old Lord who lost his life last weekend in a house fire. His parents and the whole family are dear friends of ours from the SCA. His two little brothers are right around my son's age, so they have all played at events together for all of their lives. 

Today there will be tears, and hugs, and stories of a young hero who will be forever remembered for his acts and deeds of chivalry, honor, kindness, helpfulness, and his unfailing good humor.  And for allowing smaller kids to climb all over him both at home, and at Gulf Wars (he was already 6' 4" at fifteen). 

That's awful, Lady. I can't imagine... :'(

I'm cleaning this weekend. I rescued my front room from the cat/Gulf Wars/Daisy Scouts/water leak in the pipes under my office this morning. My head is killing me. Sorry, Kyn.

Thanks. It was a beautiful ceremony, and an uplifting evening with good stories and camaraderie at the wake. Many friends who had not seen each other in far too long made time to turn up to support friends. I truly love our SCA family. 

I hope you're feeling better Ryrin! 

The rest of my weekend shall be one of writing lesson plans, cleaning, and doing cub scout activities with my son. :grin: 

Archived