DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Weekend Plans

Ryrin

:biggrin: Yay for new friends!

We had a nice Easter, despite spotty rain. We managed to get the main egg hunt in in 20 minutes (my son found 18 eggs in 20 minutes. He's getting better at this. :wink: ) He was also happy that instead of a traditional "stuffed bunny" his easter basket contained an Umbreon (pokemon). 

Easter Dinner was nice. My Aunt and Uncle were also at my Folks' place so it was festive with family. 

Then I came home and spent the evening making progress on the research paper due Wednesday. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kynwric... Glad to know that Terick's memory continues on far and wide!  

Sorry to vanish for umm...weeks? It's the end of the school year here. Next week is Finals and I've been frantically catching up on all the grading that fell behind of late so that it's done and I can wrap up the year on time and in style! First Year teaching Middle School is 'almost' survived! 

This weekend will be grading, and attending the graduation ceremony for a college friend. 

Yay for bike riding and surviving middle school! I have always maintained that there's a special place in haven for middle school teachers! Lord knows, I couldn't do it!

Lor, I'm mildly surprised I survived this year. Before this I taught college. I have determined that teaching college is EASY (in comparison anyway). My college students NEVER gave me trouble! At worst, they were occasionally lazy. Though over all, I look forward to seeing the adults most of my students will become. I keep reminding myself of this. :wink: 

Attended the friend's college graduation yesterday (one of four people I know who did so, but the only one living close enough to attend), and am about to cuddle up with my boys (husband and son) to watch a movie. :smile: Had a tasty mother's day meal of spinach-and-cheese tamales at our favorite Mexican place. 

Busy weekend for me! My parents came into town on Thursday, I had to get Peanut to recital rehearsal on Friday afternoon, then we drove out to take my folks out for sea food. Saturday was crazy, with Peanut's recital at 2, then dinner and mother-daughter BINGO Saturday night. Today, we got out and had Krispie Kreme donuts, then Dana took the girls mother's day shopping. My parents left just before lunch to go home, and we had Mexican at a restaurant we've never been to before. We stopped by my in law's and took my mil cards and hung out for a while. Then we cane home and Dana did all the laundry while Tadpole and I took a nap!

It was awesome!!!

My grandpa was supposed to fly into town for my kid sister's high school graduation but he had cancel.  I'm really disappointed - I need to get back to Michigan more often.

So, instead, I'm going to a practice held by a local WMA group.  They teach English long sword and I'm going to see if I like the school enough to start practicing with them regularly.  I love the SCA to death but I'm at a point in my fighting where I need structured practice with slow form work.  After that, I think I might head down south on Sunday and go to the fighter's practice in my old Shire.  (Oh, right - I moved to a new city.  It was very sudden.  I'm only an hour away from home and it just needed to happen.)

Um.  I might be getting another cat.  My roommate's friend needs to get rid of her kitten, so I offered to take him under my dominion, er, care.

Having just finished the last day of 'normal' classes for the year (cheering can commence now) I give the last two final exams of the year tomorrow. Going to celebrate with a whole weekend of NOT working. We're going to one of the nearby Baronies' events this weekend on Saturday, then going to hang out with my parents for a belated mother's day (Mom was out of town last weekend) and shopping for something to wear to one of my best guy friends from childhood's wedding in California in two weeks. Should be fun. I haven't been to California since 1996! 

That's a lot of fighting, H!

Yay end of year chunk, Lady!

I'm not doing anything. Tadpole is sick and Dana is racing. So, I'm at home with my monsters hanging out on Netflix.

Archived