DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Weekend Plans

Ryrin

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ooh! What was the new place? How was Chef? 

We had a local SCA event at an incipient group this morning, an anime con staff meeting in the afternoon. Thursday (not quite weekend but we weren't waiting until Friday) we went to see How to Train Your Dragon 2. :smile: 

Chef was a fun movie! The new restaurant is South African called Jay's Peri Peri Chicken/Ocean Basket. They are next door to each other and you can order from each menu. It was awesome!!

Did you like the movie?

*laughs* My weekend is full of SCA, so separating the two is difficult. 

This past weekend was SCA Saturday (fighter practice and armoring workshop), then Father's Day with my husband. 

It started with a Mama and Peanut Day on Friday, though. We packed so much into that day, I'm still exhausted from it! 

Ryrin - LOVED the movie. (Whole family loved the movie). Laughed. Cried. Laughed some more. Squealed with joy. Have not teared up at an animated movie that much since the Disney summer blockbuster of 1994 (left vague to avoid immediate spoiler for anyone who hasn't seen this yet). 

Also watched Saving Mr. Banks with my parents on Father's Day. Very good movie (in different ways obviously than How to Train Your Dragon) but taps emotions in its own right. 

Lor - Mama/Peanut day sounds like it was fun! 

It was!! We dropped her sister off, went Lowes and rescued plants, then went to the library, got her hair cut, got my ear pierced in the shell, bought candy do or then movies, saw How to Train Your Dragon 2 (great movie!!!), then came home and got all of the plants we rescued into pots! So much fun!!!

Revising 'fun' to 'fantastic' Lor. :biggrin:

This weekend promises to be fun. A friend is coming into town this morning for breakfast on her way through on a trip, and this afternoon we are going to look at a dog (hoping she turns out as awesome in reality as listed in the adoption information). Tomorrow I take my son to camp for two weeks. 

*Edit/update* Today we 'went' to look at a new dog at one of the local animal shelters, and we brought her home with us. Her name was already Xena (of warrior princess fame) and it fits, so we kept it. :smile: Pretty German Shepherd/Rottweiler mix. She is now bathed, fed, and mellowing in our AC. The cats have been surprisingly mellow about the new addition to the family. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sleep all day Saturday. Burned out from work. Sleep is good. Go to San Jose for the day on Sunday for some poetry stuff. In the near future I'll do some hiking and pack packing trips in a few national parks.

This weekend is Royal University of Meridies... Better known as RUM, or what it will take to survive this event.

What he said.

Then, I drive to my parents to hang out for a few days, go to fighter practice with Kyn's Shire to get my cert for youth combat and get my dad hooked on the SCA. I'm heading home today so I can get to work for the rest of the week. Hooray./

Archived