DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Weekend Plans

Ryrin

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure yet about the whole weekend.  My son is in the musical "Oklahoma" in a local theater production.  Saturday night, I'm having dinner with a girlfriend and then we are picking up her grandchildren and taking them to the play.  My husband and I went yesterday and he is there now.   I think I'll be going to the gym too.

wow two whole days of freedom, and for the first time in ages I will actually able to relax for my days off. perhaps raise some chaos with a few friends or take a visit to the new hunger games movie? (katness everdeen rawr) ha. or maybe stay home and do nothing allll day but sleep : )

Ryrin, what role is your son playing? :smile: That's awesome!

I just worked concessions at the OSU-Baylor game (OSU splits concessions with groups who work the stands.... my students were raising money for the Fall Formal, and for the Sophomore Class' funds for their Jr Prom next year). It was 29 degrees (14 with wind chill) while we were there...and none of the concession stands are indoors. I think I have depleted all of the hot water in the house on a shower and tea. And it's now about time to crash in my warm blankets. 

Oh yuck! I hate being cold and that pushes the limit of what I can deal with. Hope you've warmed up!

We are going to my in law's for thanksgiving luncheon and pretty much wasting the rest of the day. black Friday shopping probably won't be happening for me, but I am taking peanut to see the Nutcracker at a historic theater Saturday night. We even bought her "formal" dress, so she's dressed appropriately. Hehe she's been talking about it non stop since we bought the tickets last week.

Went to breakfast and then to Best Buy today to get my son a game and a cord.  Got that and ended up getting me a Tablet and accessories and saved $424.98 on that.  My husband BBQ'd tri-tip form dinner and then we went to a friends for dessert and drinks.

Yesterday we went out to breakfast and went to the kitchen outlet store.  We had a nice evening at home cooking dinner, making popcorn in our new air popper (using seasonings) and watching college football.  Today we are kind of hunkering down at home watching the NFL.  I'm making hot tea and hot chocolate.

Weekend was totally not what was planned this weekend. Original plan: Yule Revel (SCA) and sewing stuffed dragons. Neither happened since I did not go anywhere. Instead my husband was in the hospital (for the third time this year) with the same leg infection (Fun with after-effects of lymphoma). He's just fine now, thankfully, but it did rearrange the weekend priorities. Instead I got a lot of stuff done at home. Oh, and my son and I went with a friend yesterday afternoon and saw Frozen! 

Holy cow! I've had a fantastic weekend that I don't want to end! Dana went out of town Friday morning, leaving me with the two monsters all weekend! We ate at Carraba's on Friday night (if you get a chance to try their Bistecca Ardente, DO IT! it was awesome!" I got a wild hair afterwards and invited my mother-in-law out to see the Festival of Lights over on the other side of the river. They have a petting zoo, horse rides... just lots of stuff for the kids to do at the end of it. We had so much fun!

Yesterday, we hung out at home until lunchtime, then went out and got lunch, party supplies and t-shirts to ugly up for a party we went to last night. We were out partying until 9, when I herded my monsters out and came home.

Today, I've done laundry and cleaned, but we haven't gone anywhere, all day. I'm hoping we can do Christmas decorating Tuesday and Wednesday nights!

I'm so glad your husband is better, Lady! Was Frozen as awesome as it looks? I want to see it, but I doubt I'll get a chance. :-(

How was your Hanukkah, Ryrin?

Chanukah was a blast! We had people over and it was tons of fun. Now it's over and I'm done.

Today, I watched football all day and sat in the hot tub at the gym.

Glad your hubby is better, Lady.

Thanks! He's fine now, and hopefully this coming weekend will be less insane. I can't say it will be more fun since I anticipate spending the majority of it grading student work. Though we are definitely going to see The Desolation of Smaug!

Frozen was great, Lor! The music and animation were both amazing. :smile: 

We're finally putting decorations up today! It's supposed to rain and be nasty outside, so we're going to stay in. Tomorrow, my mother in law is going to watch the girls so we can do some shopping. I'm going to check off as many things from our holiday bucket list as possible! I covered the center of the table in candles last night and the girls and I ate dinner by candlelight. So awesome!!!

We spent yesterday with some friends who are moving out of state, so we had a festive get together. That was fun. The kids had a good time playing. Made good food. :smile: 

Today has been 'cleaning the house and putting it back together after a crazy month' day. I *will* have a nice clean house for Christmas!

I have had a pretty lazy weekend. We were supposed to leave after work on Friday and drive to my parents' house about 5 hours away for my nephew's birthday. Instead, Tadpole had a fever and was pulling on her ear, so we stayed home. :(  Since we didn't have any plans, that was pretty much my whole weekend. The girls and I finished putting up Christmas decorations yesterday and we went grocery shopping today. 

The best part? I don't have to go to work tomorrow! Whoo-hoo! :) 

We went over to a friend's home for football and food yesterday afternoon.

Today, watched football and a movie on TV.  Lounged around.

Lor, both of my sons had almost constant ear infections.  The 16 year old still gets them.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived