Amadine

• Replies 923
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings fellow Dragons,

a pleasure to make your acquaintance.

First of all, thank you Dragonmount for hosting this site.

Next, thank you Robert Jordan, Harriet, Brandon and Tor for bringing us these works.

I am a peaceful warrior so it is with regret that I bring up this issue.

Like all of you, I have waited patiently ,or is that all my life :-), for The Wheel Of Time to come to the end of its cycle.

I read many a calm, excited, impatient, angry but all passionate comment about when A Memory Of Light would be released.

My simple take was & is, it is what it is and we shall all receive the work and share in its glory when we're supposed to.

I have been waiting happily with the knowledge that I had pre-ordered A Memory Of Light, from Amazon.co.uk, the moment it was available to do so several months ago.

Suddenly last month I, like many others I suspect, were hit with a double whammy from Amazon.co.uk. In a casual email they told me that the pre-order was cancelled and that I would have to pre-order again. No problem I thought, I'll do immediately. Then the 2nd hit - it seems that here in Europe & elsewhere, we will not be getting the hardcover copy of A Memory Of Light with the artwork by Michael Whelan, at least not initially anyway. Of course, if you go to Amazon.com or Tor you can order what I deem as the correct version of the hardcover and pay the extra delivery costs, exchange rates, not withstanding.

I realise now that Orbit & Tor have direct book covers (I had only previously used Amazon.com) but my issue is that Amazon.co.uk clearly had the Tor cover on their website at the time of the original pre-order and up until the time of their cancellation email.

Yes, I have made a complaint to Amazon.

I can guess the reason but am wondering why the same book cover wasn't made equally available to everyone around the world for such a momentous occasion?

In the end, I will be getting Michael Whelan's hardcover version even if it means not guaranteeing receiving it on January 8th.

Patience is a virtue:->.

Your thoughts are welcome.

Thanks for your time.

Regards & wishing you all peace and good reading,

K♞.

Hi all, new to dragonmount been looking at this site since it began so thought I'd finally sign up.

I began reading the series again in preparation for MoL's release but am finding it very hard to start from the beginning. My problem is that no matter how hard I try I just cannot picture the bumpkins that were Rand, Matt and Perrin. The journey they have made throughout the series has seen them grow so much that I found myself lol at rand being scared or the "black rider" in eye of the world.

I'm going to stick at it but wondering if anyone else has found the same problem with starting from the beginning 17 years after reading it for the first time?

Cheers Moss

Guest cleptokilla

I Have been to your site many times and listend to some of the Pod's now it is time to become part of your WoT family, that is if you will have me. 

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain...

Guest Chrisansari

I'll date myself by saying this but I have been reading the Wheel of Times books since the beginning, picking up the first book in 1990. I've hooked my wife, my daughters, brother-in-law and nephew on the series. We are all anxiously waiting for Jan 8th!

Chris

Hello folks..

Glad to be here, I have been a HUGE fan of the series for like.. forever.. and now just before it is ending I have finally decided to sign up and create an account. Now that the series has almost ended I need some other place where I can come and discuss the series and anything new to think about which I have missed in the previous books... Also looking forward to being a part of the discussion when AMOL is finally released... Ooh!! Cant.Wait!!

New to DM, but longtime reader of the series (since 1997 - The Eye of the World was one fo the first books I picked up and read as liesure reading after graduating from Rutgers University).  As a result of becoming a fan of the series, I eventually plodded around the intarwebs and found like-minded folks at SFFWorld.com where I became a moderator and book reviewer.  I just found out that I'll be a Memory Keeper for the Philadelphia signing.

W00t!

Hello, all! I've lurked around Dragonmount for years; just now introducing myself......

I fell in love with WoT eleven years ago and have gained immense pleasure from re-read after re-read..... Haven't read MoL yet, but not in a hurry......

Looking for a good social group. I despise Egwene al'Vere so please recommend other haters; also I dislike ALL of the Trakands in the later books so there's that, too.....

Please message and friend me at will!! And thanks!