DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Lives 2 Mafia [Nemo Edition] - The Town has dragged to a victory

ed2funy

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well damn.

I'm headed to bed soon and I have to say that I still feel more comfortable with Ama. So I'm switching my vote back. Arlow's claim seems too real. Why claim that if it's anti-town unless you were told otherwise?

Unvote, vote Ama.

your vote switching is scummy Em. a few posts above this you were sure Ama was tellign the truth about her Janitor thing, now your firmly in Arlows corner. not to mention your post where you switched to Arlow was scummy in itself. your higher up on my list now as well

I know. I figured people would think that it was scummy. No, I wasn't sure, but I read what the role meant and freaked out a little bit. Then, after I thought about it for a minute I figured that he wouldn't obviously claim an anti-town role on thread, so back to my original vote.

Your last sentence I don't understand though. I don't see how the post when I switched to him was scummy.

well, generally I believe the first finder (ish) claim for a little, yeah. Because if no one comes out against it, why would you attempt to lynch a finder.

That being said, the Janitor role looks anti-town, so unvote vote Arlow.

this is the post i'm talking abtou Em.

you start by saying you believe the claim and question trying to lynch a finder; then you say that the role posted by Ama looks scummy and vote Arlow.

it feels like you voted Arlow to try and get him a majority over Ama while leavign yourself a legit way to unvote him by sayign you "semi" believe his claim as a finder of some sort.

plus the underlind controdicts yourself. you clearly disagree with lynching anyone who has claimed a finder role without a CC, yet then you go and vote him there for increasing the chance he might be lynched.

well, generally I believe the first finder (ish) claim for a little, yeah. Because if no one comes out against it, why would you attempt to lynch a finder.

That being said, the Janitor role looks anti-town, so unvote vote Arlow.

this is the post i'm talking abtou Em.

you start by saying you believe the claim and question trying to lynch a finder; then you say that the role posted by Ama looks scummy and vote Arlow.

it feels like you voted Arlow to try and get him a majority over Ama while leavign yourself a legit way to unvote him by sayign you "semi" believe his claim as a finder of some sort.

plus the underlind controdicts yourself. you clearly disagree with lynching anyone who has claimed a finder role without a CC, yet then you go and vote him there for increasing the chance he might be lynched.

?? That's not contradicting myself. I don't want to go against an uncontested finder. HOWEVER, Arlow said what his role was, Ama posted what mafia wiki said about it and it said it was anti-town. Why wouldn't I vote for that?

I'm back from getting a back pack for my Goose. We went out of province instead of just to town. It was a pretty fun day.

I just caught up in game. Red, why does my post look scummy to you. You say it does, but haven't said why you think it does yet. If you want to wait till the morning to talk about game stuff I'll wait, but I wanted to get the question out before I forgot it happened.

Kath, i explained why i found you scummy; you seemed like your were trying to turn attention from what Ama said onto Chrissy.

Is this the second Saw game you've ran, Red? I could swear I remember this....

Also, if you are toward the end and looking for a last sign up or two, PM me....for now, I am busy with modding and playing Kat's game. >.<

yeah it is. different story and different character names this go around though *evil grin*

writing up the kidnapping scenes is making me want to do a final Destination style game, just thinking of the different mucked up ways i can have "death" kill people is calling to me lmao

here Kath, i'll quote where i explained why i foudn you scummy, like your suggesting i didnt. i undertand you already answered this, but i still don't find it less scummy.

Key, I think they are saying that it was the mafia, but instead of it being an attempt to kill a townie they think it was a set up to make one of the mafia look as town and skim through the rest of the game. It would be a smarter move on the mafia if they could pull that off than an attempt to kill a townie night one.

no i didn't say that nor did i imply it. what i said was that froma townie perspective for a player to assume (and say so on thread) that just because someone didn't die makes them town is FoS worthy. if i thought the underlined, i woudl have FoSd them both, not just Ama.

you suggeting the underlined speaks of team work and trying to shift focus from Ama onto Chrissy

Em, i'm not buying it.

heres Arlows claim

I'm Jacques (the little shrimp) and a Janitor. I get the Police Report each night, and it looks like the Cop was lucky enough to view scum on the first night.

heres what Ama dug up

Also this is what mafiascum has to say about the Janitor: http://mafiascum.net...p?title=Janitor

Janitor

Janitor

Alias:none

Alignment:

Role type:

• Misleading

Choice:

• Night

The Janitor is an anti-Town role who "cleans up the body" after its kill, thus preventing players from learning anything about the player when they flip. At daybreak, it is simply said that the player died with no information about their role or their alignment.

Usually Janitor is X-Shot so as to not deny the Town too much information. In this case, the Janitor must choose whether or not to clean up the kill.

Janitor is usually anti-Town; however, Janitor Vigs have been known to exist (with the Janitor aspect compulsive).

Variations

Usually, but not always, Janitors will learn the role and alignment of the players they kill even if they clean up the body.

Use and Power

Most of the time, Janitors are scum, so the people whose flips are obscured are usually Town. Thus, the use of a Janitor revolves around obscuring whether the killed player had a power role. Thus, Janitor is best used when killing players who have not claimed.

As for its power, it's probably overrated.

first off, Mafia wiki says MOST times it's used as a scum power, but i've seen in non-corner games the Janitor role be used like an Undertaker role.

2nd, the type of role Arlow is claiming doesn't match what Ama has pulled fromt he wiki; s this means that either Arlow is a LLL (seeign as Ama provided a link to back up her source and quoted it word for word) or Motlee & ed tweaked the role and called it a Janitor (maybe to fit his character)

i'm goign with the 2nd one, seeing as i've done so myself and because this is an Advanced game. you basing your vote onto Arlow off of Ama's post when the roles don't match just makes me suspect you even more.

first off, Mafia wiki says MOST times it's used as a scum power, but i've seen in non-corner games the Janitor role be used like an Undertaker role.

2nd, the type of role Arlow is claiming doesn't match what Ama has pulled fromt he wiki; s this means that either Arlow is a LLL (seeign as Ama provided a link to back up her source and quoted it word for word) or Motlee & ed tweaked the role and called it a Janitor (maybe to fit his character)

i'm goign with the 2nd one, seeing as i've done so myself and because this is an Advanced game. you basing your vote onto Arlow off of Ama's post when the roles don't match just makes me suspect you even more.

Ok, suspect me lol. You'll be disappointed.

Well, sorry I haven't been in as many games as you? I haven't even seen a Janitor role, so I was going off what the mafiawiki said.

Just because it says Advanced does not necessarily mean roles were tweaked, so how am I supposed to guess that? Like I said, I read what she posted and thought "ok, he's anti-town so obviously we should get rid of him." Then, after I thought about it, I figured no one would claim an anti-town role on string if that was indeed their role so I should go back to Ama.

I don't get the confusion.

Red, the comment I was asking your elaborate on was this one:

i didn't get onin time to switch my vote, but i woudl have voted for Ama as well

If we get a controlled vote on Ama and she flips scum than we know Arlow not only told the truth but has a way to find more scum. If she flips town we have someone to go after for a lynch the next day.

We have someone saying they 'know' Ama is mafia, why are we trying to go away from that? Even if she is Town we know who to go after tomorrow. I think we get more from her lynch than Arlow's right now.

And all we get if Arlow dies is confirmation of he has a role that could have helped us, but won't be any use to us once he's dead.

Anyone trying to pull away from that looks suspicious to me, especially if ama does die and flips scum.

this post is scummy

You say its scummy but don't say why. Can you please explain. I don't see how that is scummy at all.

Archived