DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Lives 2 Mafia [Nemo Edition] - The Town has dragged to a victory

ed2funy

You mean that these posts look scummy? I'll tell you why not.

Red:

I must say, Locke, that you shift focus to Kathleen. Why?

This was just a joke.

Leyrann, what is your reasoning behind that?

(As a good rule of thumb, providing your own reasoning for votes is a good idea. Otherwise, people tend to think of the worse possible reason of why you voted the way you did.)

Because of what was said about Locke in the few posts above mine. And him (in my opinion) not trying to defend himself.

Locke wants me to explain my vote more, so here it is:

First, you wanted to get the game going, and then you said "here is the first attempt at scumfinding", like you didn't expect it. I wouldn't have seen it if Kathleen didn't point at it, but I think that's because this is my first game. And because my vote at Kathleen was a joke vote (I thought really everyone did that), decided to vote you. Somewhat later, we had your joke about "being back in the mafia" and, also something that is mentioned multiple times already, your "being messed up". You are acting most scummy to me now, but I must say that Wombat (I still think Kate is scummier but I'd like to get something resembling a train) and Talmanes (However, since Locke has more votes, and neither have many anyway, I'll place my vote on him for now VOTE LOCKE) also act suspicious.

Ley is coming off as real newb to me, but some of the things he does (jumping his vote to the newest person to have a finger pointed at them) seem really scummy, but I remember being new and it could just be newness making him jumpy.

I am a newbie. This is my first game ever. And I jumped to Locke this fast, because I only made a joke vote (and I've decided not to do that anymore), and he was the one who looked most scummy. I just vote the one who looks most scummy. But I must say that I am thinking of changing my vote to Kate. But only if she really looks more scummy. Or if I think it'll be a random lynch otherwise. But then I have to change in less than 5 hours, because I go to bed after that, and can't be active until 4 hours after the deadline after that...

So in five hours you'll hear my final vote.

I seriously don't know what looks scummy about those.

And I know now, that no one who was voting Kate, now votes Locke. I wondered about that.

I just checked who the persons who then voted Locke first voted. I didn't do that earlier. But I just looked at the last post of the modgods.

Am I allowed to ask what a Vanilla Townie can do?

Sorry, I already know.

I checked this on the Mafia site, then came at the "Townie" page, and saw they were also called Vanilla Townies.

A quick lynch is a lynch before the deadline.

I read this at the Mafia site.

Thanks. I didn't knew that. And I didn't read the other game, because it's something like 30 pages... With long posts.

And, replying to Arlow and Red, I think this means that Amadine can be confirmed Mafia if Christine is one, right? I mean, there are four possibilities.

1) Amadine is Mafia, Christine not. This means that this was just an attempt to kill Christine.

2) Amadine and Christine are both Mafia. This means that this was an attempt to have Christine looking unsuspicious for the rest of the game.

3) Neither are Mafia. Not well-thought off, but nothing wrong after Christine's lynch.

4) Christine is the only Mafia. Also then it was just not well-thought off. Then, if Christine was lynched/killed, it would make Amadine look very suspicious, after her comment here.

And of course there is a fifth possibility, but I don't think the Mafia wouldn't have used their Night Kill.

This was just saying all four possibilities, instead of only those two Kath said (in both of witch Arlow was not Mafia, IIRC (but maybe I don't RC))

All that Ama looks scummy for is her comment about the attempt to kill Christine, and I don't think it's enough.

And because Arlow voted Ama after she looked less scummy (because Christine turned out Town):

VOTE ARLOW

Isn't it a bit weird to vote someone after that one looks less scummy? Yes, I know, it turned out Arlow was right. But I still didn't like it at that point.

First, you say that you vote him because he claims to have an anti-town role, then you say it is ridiculous someone would claim an anti-town role, and switch back...

If that doesn't look scummy...

Don't you agree it is weird to do this?

Except if you have a Night Action.

But last night, everyone just did go on discussing. That was after Ama was lynched the first time.

Again, I don't know what is scummy about this one. I just told someone who was replacing someone what happened lately.

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it interesting that Red keeps accusing people, but seems immune to persecution himself. I also don't really agree with the things he is basing his arguments on. Just throwing that out there.

Key and Kathleen, on the other hand, make a most convincing argument for a Ley vote. I think that I'll follow their lead for the moment and VOTE LEY.

Also, for the record: I have played Mafia before, just not online. I have played it at a couple parties and large gatherings. So while i am familiar with the premise, I may be missing some of the finer points. I thought that status was a good one to get cleared up immediatly.

Which one's do you find more scummy? Those before, or those after your "They read interesting for someone who is playing his first game" comment? Because there (or, one post before it) is a bit where I became more experienced. All before was on day 1 (and at the start of night 1), while the other things were after that. As you can see too, I just voted the first one looking scummy at day 1, but made my own vote at the other days.

So you just got an arbitrary 500 experience boost and leveled up, right when people were starting to point fingers at you? That seems just a bit too convenient to me... But, I could also be overreacting. I'm good at WIFOM... I'll leave my vote where it is until you convince me to move it or someone else starts looking more scummy.

Vote Count:

Kath (1) - Red

Ley (2) - Key, Mawth

Deadline is Friday, 2300 East Coast Oz, 0600 PST.

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to Lynch and 8 to Quick Lynch.

Quick vote count. Have to get my ASU's together. Might show ya a pic later.

So you just got an arbitrary 500 experience boost and leveled up, right when people were starting to point fingers at you? That seems just a bit too convenient to me... But, I could also be overreacting. I'm good at WIFOM... I'll leave my vote where it is until you convince me to move it or someone else starts looking more scummy.

LOL, Mawthtex.

Now, who shall I vote for?

Ley could be inexperienced, or could be inexperienced scum playing dumb.

I don't find red that scummy, but she never pings scummy to me.

I'm not sure who I'll vote for.

I find it interesting that Red keeps accusing people, but seems immune to persecution himself. I also don't really agree with the things he is basing his arguments on. Just throwing that out there.

Key and Kathleen, on the other hand, make a most convincing argument for a Ley vote. I think that I'll follow their lead for the moment and VOTE LEY.

Also, for the record: I have played Mafia before, just not online. I have played it at a couple parties and large gatherings. So while i am familiar with the premise, I may be missing some of the finer points. I thought that status was a good one to get cleared up immediatly.

i'm a she not a he :tongue:

i'm also not immune to arguements against myself, infact if anyone has any please bring them forward; i'm always up for getting more info that way.

Kath hasn't really made any points against Ley, she's only agreed with Key; so i don't see how she's made a convincing arguement at all. if anything, she's not really argued for or against a lynch, and i've ye to see her pull a case on someone. all she's done is try to link players to a known scum and try to distract attention awya from Ama at one point. then when she was called out on it, attempted to try and distance herself while still linking Arlow & Ama together.

i get what Key is saying, but i don't think it's enough to lynch Ley over personally. Mafia aren't the only ones who can have a QT board, so the fact that he appears to be coached in an advanced game is worth noting but not worth leading a lynch on imo; and the fact that Key keeps ignoring this fact and keeps pushing the scum angle so hard makes her case FoS worthy and smells more like a set up imo.

i also don't like Ley's responses, they sounded a bit panicky. Key said plainly she felt he was being coached and pulled those quotes up as evidence to show why she thought so; she never said she thought the posts themselves we're scummy.

the fact that Key keeps ignoring this fact and keeps pushing the scum angle so hard makes her case FoS worthy and smells more like a set up imo.

Que? How am I pushing the scum angle "so hard?" I said I thought he was being coached, posted the quotes to show it when you asked, and then responded to him when he had questions.

You're appearing to go after me "so hard" yourself.

I said yesterday that I would reply now, because I had to go to bed at that point. So here I am.

Maw, I don't like judging myself, but I think I can do in this case. You say I get experienced too fast. But I do the highest grade of school the Netherlands have, without really much effort.

Ok..So I did that scan of Tiinker that I had said I was gonna do. I have it saved in a word doc. Its only from when Tiinker joined and no quotes, just a recap and my thoughts. If you want it, I'll post it, but I don't want to just put out my thoughts out there when we have someone else who is looking scummy, but I did say I was gonna look back at Tiinker as he really pinged me yesterday, so that is why I'm saying that now.

After the Vote between Arlow and Ama I do think Tiinker is worth looking at closer. That whole day vote reeked of mafia trying to use inactivity and deadlines to get a lynch on a townie over outed scum, and Tiinker was the most vocal and obvious show of this.

This said, I do find Ley scummy too, so I will vote him if it is more productive to the game.

Archived