DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Lives 2 Mafia [Nemo Edition] - The Town has dragged to a victory

ed2funy

Underwater creatures from Nemo have hands now?? O.o

If I had called Ama out in another game, I would've thought most people would take me at my word, and if I were lying, lynch me the next day. So why did you, Tiinker, go for a competing train? I don't see it as being "way more beneficial" so much as seeming as a distraction from a possible scum lynch.

Not only that, but three of you, Nynaeve, Ahmoondah, and Tiinker, just ignored my post clearly announcing someone was scum. Tiink and Moon both admitted to skimming through the game, but apparently missed that post. Nyn pops in to vote for me, then disappears again.

Not sure which of you to vote for right now, you're all scummy to me, and I will be placing a vote when I get home tomorrow arvy. Good night all *waves*

As per my 'skimming:' Arlow, currently I'm in Grad school. In the last several days I have: worked on writing 2 substantial (20 page+) scholarly research papers, compiled an anthropology ethnography on a family,including a home visit and interview, written over 1,000 words in a daily field journal, worked on completing and writing my last 3 of 20 book reviews for my Oral Examinations to take place at the end of next month, celebrated my wedding anniversary, dusted my entire house, repaired a leaky pool, washed and folded a week's worth of laundry, swept/mopped/vaccumed my floors (3 times), bathed two water-phobic canines, gone to the funeral of a step-brother-in-law that I can barely stand, oh, and I've worked 32 hours.That's not including my DM work. I may not be official DM staff, but I do hold a temporary position in another Social Group that takes up quite a bit of time.

I joined the game as a favor to Ed and Mottlee to replace someone that needed it.

No, I am not scum. I'm a person with a very busy life.

Oh, and Kate is probably one of the Humans in the film.

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i still think Chrissy is the best vote for today. Key is still pinging me as well. i'l already stated why.

i have to agree with Jack that its wierd the scum haven't even targetted Arlow after his claim. you'd think they'd want any role associated with an investigator to be gone.

Ooo morning.

Yeah, my guess is her being the dentist. He has the most time as a human in the movie. I don't know if he'd be mafia though. Hm. I'll have to think on that.

I also agree with Jack, and Red, that the scum not targeting Arlow is weird. I'd still like to vote Ley because my thoughts on the issue have not changed, no matter what Red thinks :tongue:.

Okay, thanks for the explanation Moon. Red, did you mean Kath? As I don't believe Christine is still alive? O.o

I also agree that me not being targeted is weird... But I'm grateful for it! :biggrin:

Leyrann, what are your thoughts on who's scum? Have you got a case on somebody or just general suspicions?

What about all these inactvies? Post your thoughts peoples!

VOTE Nyn

i still think Chrissy is the best vote for today. Key is still pinging me as well. i'l already stated why.

i have to agree with Jack that its wierd the scum haven't even targetted Arlow after his claim. you'd think they'd want any role associated with an investigator to be gone.

Red, correct me if I'm wrong here, but think you meant to say Kath instead of Chrissy in that quote, as Chrissy is dead, and you are gunning for me now.

You've been pinging me all game, but you always ping me. Though you usually have more to back up what you claim. You really don't seem be giving any reasons or cases this game. Now, I know you aren't as active as you used to be, but this game really isn't moving that swiftly.

Also, sorry I haven't been posting lately, I've been offline for 3 days. My internet dropped out and we needed to wait for someone to come in and fix it.

I don't know how this game works exactly, but I am under the thinking of lives being transferable, or gained somehow. I don't really think the connection of 'power roles' have more lives, vanillaish roles have less. It could be that, but I don't think that is enough reason let someone who is playing scummily off the hook.

Scum is scum, whether they have one life or more. For the same reasons I did yesterday I'm Voting Ley.

Vote Count:

Ley (2) - Key, Kath

Day will end Friday, 0600 PST, 2300 East Oz time.

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch, 8 to Quick it.

PAFO, but I will say death scenes hold no bearings on roles/characters.

*Modpokes Arlow* Maw replaced Nyn....

I don't know how this game works exactly, but I am under the thinking of lives being transferable, or gained somehow. I don't really think the connection of 'power roles' have more lives, vanillaish roles have less. It could be that, but I don't think that is enough reason let someone who is playing scummily off the hook.

I think that power roles might have more lives, good or evil. Ama had two, and she was a Mafia Roleblocker. So lynching Ley will either be very good or very bad. I'm hoping it's good. Come on people, we already have half the job done. If the scum didn't swoop in to finish him off, I think we should. VOTE LEY.

My results after my re-read:

Kate has been targeted by a night kill, so she is probably not scum.

Arlow has claimed an investigatory role, found Amadine as scum, and is likely not scum

For the rest of this, please forgive me for not putting quotes. . .

People who have at some point either voted against Kate or pointed an FOS at Kate:

Jack D (but he voted Vs Red after his FOS)

Ishy

Maw/Nyn thought Kate was scum

Red- has voted vs Kate

People who have FOS/voted vs Arlow (Not all inclusive)

Kath: Kath voted vs Arlow and Lock.

Ley: voted vs Locke d1, voted off Kath Day 2, and voted vs. Arlow. Arlow is today asking Ley's advice. . .

Red: Has voted vs. kate, vs arlow. And is absent her usual way of texts.

I suspect Red and Kath of being Scum. I think Ley might not be scum, if Arlow investigated and found ley innocent-ish.

mild fos at arlow for not noticing the change.

I'm going to vote kath

earlier in the game, Ley seemed to be taking a lead from you in taking vote vs. arlow.

Thing about Arlow's investigative abilities is that they depended on the cop. He was just another conduit to get the Cops sightings out to the populace without revealing the actual cop to the scum. Without the cop, he can't actually do much unless there is another cop investigating, which i don't think there is. For all purposes he is just a normal townie now, and as such the mafia are saving him for last.

I don't like the fact that we are considering not re-lynching ley. We already started the job; why are we deciding to stop and do something else halfway through? I could go for a kath vote after that, but I think our first priority should be killing Ley and getting information from his death.

I don't like the fact that we are considering not re-lynching ley. We already started the job; why are we deciding to stop and do something else halfway through? I could go for a kath vote after that, but I think our first priority should be killing Ley and getting information from his death.

That's how I feel. Although I will probably be up next on the lynching block if he flips town.

VOTE: KATH because i think she's more scummier than Ley considering all people are voting Ley for is because he appears to be coached.

Maw - if the mafia felt that Ley was an easy target because people suspected him and a likely lynch tomorrow, it makes perfect sense why they wouldn't NK him if he was town. why waste a Nk when the town will do it for you. bringing this up is just throwing WIFOM into the mix; you on my short list now

Moon - care to explain exactly why i'm pinging you; because from your summary its either because i keep voting Kath (whcih your doing now) and because i'm not posting my trade mark WoT's (which i've explained the reason for in the beginning.)

Kath and Moon have played enough games with me to know that whether scum or town i normally post huge Wot's; so to use that as a reason to want to lynch me is either poor form as a townie or reaching as a scum cause they see me as a threat. i'm surpirsed they haven't FoS'd Jack over his lurkiness cause he's normally active while their at it *rolls eyes*

my short list

Kath

Key

Maw

Moon

Arlow

Jack

Also, I'm not too sure about lynching Leyrann again. Most of our roled players have had two lives, so I'm wary of lynching another.

(Forgot to put this in with my other post... Sue me)

so your trying to use the fact he has more than one life to advocate not lynching him; even though you just casted your vote for him.

anyone else see this as a blantant scum move?

Red, correct me if I'm wrong here, but think you meant to say Kath instead of Chrissy in that quote, as Chrissy is dead, and you are gunning for me now.

You've been pinging me all game, but you always ping me. Though you usually have more to back up what you claim. You really don't seem be giving any reasons or cases this game. Now, I know you aren't as active as you used to be, but this game really isn't moving that swiftly.

Also, sorry I haven't been posting lately, I've been offline for 3 days. My internet dropped out and we needed to wait for someone to come in and fix it.

Scum is scum, whether they have one life or more. For the same reasons I did yesterday I'm Voting Ley.

so your saying you know he's scum then? and yes i meant you i just got my names mixed up. i have explained why i think your scummy, and i'm not goign to repeat myself again; this game isnt' so long that you cant go look it up yourself. i've said why i think your scummy many times so if your claiming that i haven't then thanks for being so obvious in your scumminess.

this is the 2nd time in this game you've accused me of not giving a reason why i found you scummy; last time i quoted it, this time i'm gonna call you lazy for trying the same thing twice and call you out on it.

So, this post may be short because I'm typing with the one hand I have left?

Anyway, glad to be alive.

You're all kind of pinging me about the same, and none of it is blatant that I feel comfortable voting for.

I still think Ley acted really suspicious with his lack of any real mistakes, but to want to lynch him because he had more than one life is poor logic. We know that there have been Town players that had more than 1 life.

For the reason that he went from wet-behind-the-ears to experienced player with no goof-ups between, in the course of half a mafia game...

Vote Ley.

So you vote me because I am a fast learner?

I thought I already explained it wasn't weird!

And don't think that I know everything. I really want to know what WIFOM means, and I also don't know what FoM is, even if I know that it means someone is looking scummy.

But I'll post that explanation again (quoted, because I'm lazy):

Maw, I don't like judging myself, but I think I can do in this case. You say I get experienced too fast. But I do the highest grade of school the Netherlands have, without really much effort.

Do I need to explain it further?

I learn Latin and Greek at school. My average note is more than 7 out of 10. Most people are VERY happy when they have a 7. For subjects like Maths and Physics, I have a 9 out of 10 without making homework. Aren't these about seeing connection between things? Isn't Mafia about that too?

Red, I didn't say that I 'know' ley is scum, and I don't. I don't know anyone but me. I was responding to Arlow's thoughts on Power Roles having more than one life, and how Ama had more than one life. I was just saying that just because someone doesn't die the first time doesn't make them town, and it doesn't mean that we shouldn't kill them. If they are scum they are scum whether they have one life or 50. I even said that I was voting Ley again for the same reasons that I did in the last day phase. I didn't say that I was voting Ley in connection to the Scum is Scum thought. Though I do think Ley is playing a very suspisous way and its coming off as scum to me.

Red, you are not playing like you do in other games, that would be suspicious, but I know you have less online time. Its not just the amount of posts or the wot though that i noticed was different. It was the vagueness of what you go after. Usually you go more full out into things, you tend to get really emotional can caught up in something and you try to push it till its breaks. Granted there really hasn't been much to get that pushy about in this game, but your just playing really differently. I haven't voted you over it and I won't. I know you have reasons for playing differently this game and I've given you loads of room for that without really calling you out over it. So you're saying that I come down on you over that is really not right. I've mentioned it, but only to say 'you are playing differently but I know you have a reason so I'm moving past it.'

Red2111, on 01 September 2011 - 10:12 AM, said:

i didn't get onin time to switch my vote, but i woudl have voted for Ama as well

Kathleen, on 31 August 2011 - 06:22 PM, said:

If we get a controlled vote on Ama and she flips scum than we know Arlow not only told the truth but has a way to find more scum. If she flips town we have someone to go after for a lynch the next day.

We have someone saying they 'know' Ama is mafia, why are we trying to go away from that? Even if she is Town we know who to go after tomorrow. I think we get more from her lynch than Arlow's right now.

And all we get if Arlow dies is confirmation of he has a role that could have helped us, but won't be any use to us once he's dead.

Anyone trying to pull away from that looks suspicious to me, especially if ama does die and flips scum.

this post is scummy

You say its scummy but don't say why. Can you please explain. I don't see how that is scummy at all.

more distancing between you and Ama, connecting players to Ama and also shifting the focus from ama to arlow.

This is all I saw as your reasoning to find me scummy. and this was my reply to it:

I wasn't distancing, and I wasn't shifting focus from Ama to Arlow, I was pointing out the logic of lynching Ama over Arlow when both were getting votes. I was explaining my reasoning on why I was voting Ama, and yes, of why I thought others should too. Of course that means I'm going to disagree with her and point out the benefits of doing it.

Ama already looked scummy to me, then Arlow outright said that he KNEW she was scum. I took that as a hint of his role being investigative and saw a way to test them both. It turned out she was scum, and for now, I'm leaning on believing that Arlow told the truth about his role.

I mean, I know I'm the one its about, but I really don't see how that is scummy. Ama was mafia. At the time we had a lot of people saying they thought she was scummy, then we had someone clearly saying they knew she was scum and people weren't acting on it and deadline was coming. I really don't see how this is scummy.

Then there was this later on in reposnce to someone claiming that they believed my 'case' on Ley:

"Kath hasn't really made any points against Ley, she's only agreed with Key; so i don't see how she's made a convincing arguement at all. if anything, she's not really argued for or against a lynch, and i've ye to see her pull a case on someone. all she's done is try to link players to a known scum and try to distract attention awya from Ama at one point. then when she was called out on it, attempted to try and distance herself while still linking Arlow & Ama together."

And I agree that I didn't make a case on ley. Key had, and I had agreed with her and voted as such, I believe, but I never claimed to have made a case on Ley. As for my linking players to known scum the only thing I can think of that would be remotely close to that was when you and arlow both made comments about the christine/ama exchange when christine died. And all I did then was answer a question in the way I saw it. They asked what you two were getting at with your comments and I told them what I thought you were both saying. I wasn't even saying that I agreed with it, I just said that given what you both said, it looks like "this" is what is being implied as happening.

There hasn't really been much to make a case of, and what there has been others have done. There really isn't a lot going on in this game to make a case off of. People playing scummy have flipped Town. We got a break in on a mafia and it almost didn't get a lynch because people weren't willing to follow a reveal of an investigative role revealing and stating they found scum. It did go through in the end but it was like pulling teeth. Then we get enough people finding someone else scummy one day and as soon as they don't die first time everyone jumps off. There really isn't much else going on. I did make a case on Tiinker, but it is very very week and really my argument is not just about Tiinker its about all of the people who were so hard core against going after someone who was pointed out as scum by a revealed investigative role. Tiinker was just the most vocal about opposing it.

Care to explain why you voted me, Kath?

Yes, you said "the same as yesterday". But, as I said in the post above you (which I'm sure you have seen before posting), I AM just a fast learner. Not only here. Also in RL. Am I REALLY looking most scummy of everyone?

I must say I start wondering if YOU are maybe scum, because you keep saying I'm playing scummy.

Just re read Key's case and the thoughts after it. Its not really anything specific you said or did, its just how you conviently know things when it benifits you and yet when you get heat on you suddenly your a newb in a first game. Even after you claimed to majically get smarter over night and post completely differently than you had been you still fell back on the newbie card a few times, even just on that page where we're discussing the possibility that your coached.

This is game is so low on actual game content that there really isn't much other than gut to go on. And you seem suspicious. You haven't really out right done anything that screams "your scum" but your so back and forth on how you post. It seems like sometimes you know nothing, other times you know everything and one minute you'll say you don't know something, then 3 mins later you say you do, then in your next post your casing the whole thing. It just really seems like you're getting help.

When someone outright says you look like your being coached and getting help from experienced palyers you say you don't understand what they are saying, like you can't figure it out, then you turn around and claim that because you get good grades in school you magically are smarter than anyone else and are a pro over night at this game?

You're just wishy washy, conveintly smart when you think you need to be and conviently dumb when you think it will help you. You seem coached, if so its gotta be a mafia team or a mason (like) team backing you and since you went down with out a fight on it or revealing or anything when you being lynched last time I think you have something to hide. I could be wrong, I was wrong about Locke. But people were calling you up and down on it, calling you suspisious but getting votes on you was hard (if I recall correctly. I haven't looked at time stamps on it though. but I do think it was coming down to deadline before you got the last vote, and it wasn't even a full out hammer, it was just the bare minimum). To me that looks like Mafia team reluctant to actually kill you. I know it could be people thinking you were town, but a lot of people said you were the most suspisious. Then today when your alive again people are pulling away from you again. To me it looks the mafia not wanting to lynch you.

I could be wrong about that, and its not even the full on reason I'm voting you, but it is adding to it. I still think your posting the way you have has been really sketchy/wishywashy/conveintent and at the very least its been distracting to the game, at least for me.

Ley,

Without going into too much detail, let me tell you that just because you make good grades in school doesn't mean you won't make mistakes in a game like mafia. I make mistakes in mafia ALL THE TIME, but somehow manage to keep a 3.9/4.0 grade point average in my university (taking as many classes at a time as allowed). And, anyone who knows me here on DM can tell you that I put forth no effort to my classes except that I mostly attend them (and MSN the whole time I'm there). Academic learning comes easy to me, and mafia comes easy for me mostly, too... but that doesn't make me immune to silly mistakes.

I think you have been coached into many of your responses.

Archived