DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Lives 2 Mafia [Nemo Edition] - The Town has dragged to a victory

ed2funy

Bloody hell. This is just wonderful. We're running out of people to lynch. I would like to hear from a couple people, though. Namely Jack and Player. I don't believe they have posted in a while.

I really don't like the underlined comment. It just seems... eh... too much like trying to sound disappointed about losing a Townie. There are 10 players left in the game AND we have gotten two mafia members already.

Vote Mawthtex.

Red, I was "NKed", but apparently had a life and didn't die. I think that's why some of the others have more than one phase listed on their lynch...each "death" is recorded.

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hey Mods, question.

why does Kate have a "NK Night 5" by her name as well??

Red, I totally blame ed for that. it was supposed to be Night 4 not 5 and has been updated.

Vote Count:

Maw (1) - Kate,

Kath (1) - Moon,

Not voting (8)- Player, Red, Maw, Kath, Tiinker, Ishy, Jack, Arlow,

Deadline is Friday (will get back to you with exact time as i need to check with ed)

With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch and 7 to quick lynch.

i've been happy with a vote on her for the past 2 days, and i'm good on one for her now

VOTE: KATH

:blink: @ Moon. care to explain the reveal? all i did was put you on my list, mostly for foSing me over metagamming and nothing game related. i'd hardly call that enough pressure to warrant a reveal.

PITA? I haven't mastered all the mafia jargon yet. Oh, we are at 10 people aren't we. All the crossouts make it look like we have about 6. So I guess we're doing better than I thought. It doesn't help that player and jack haven't posted for a while though. Does anyone have a rough estimate of how many scum there might be in a game this size?

Standard mafia set up would have the mafia team at about 4 members for a game this size.

Its usually 1/4 but sometimes it's 1/3. And that is just non town members, so if there is cult it would be different and some mods put solo's on top of a 1/4 split and some count them in it.

I'm think its 4 non town, but then I have more than 4 people on my suspisious list. color="#FF0000"]Red[/color] is top on mine, I'm too tired now to get into all the reasons why.

Bloody hell. This is just wonderful. We're running out of people to lynch. I would like to hear from a couple people, though. Namely Jack and Player. I don't believe they have posted in a while.

I really don't like the underlined comment. It just seems... eh... too much like trying to sound disappointed about losing a Townie. There are 10 players left in the game AND we have gotten two mafia members already.

Vote Mawthtex.

Red, I was "NKed", but apparently had a life and didn't die. I think that's why some of the others have more than one phase listed on their lynch...each "death" is recorded.

Overly concerned-sounding, I agree. And Kate is town as far as I can see, so I feel comfortable with seeing where this goes.

Vote Maw.

i'd be good with a Maw vote, but i like the thoguht of competing trains better. either we need to agree to move our lynch to an inactive today or switch our focuses into pressuring people today and worry abotu the inactives on a later date.

PITA? I haven't mastered all the mafia jargon yet. Oh, we are at 10 people aren't we. All the crossouts make it look like we have about 6. So I guess we're doing better than I thought. It doesn't help that player and jack haven't posted for a while though. Does anyone have a rough estimate of how many scum there might be in a game this size?

PITA is a non-mafia related jargon. stands for Pain In The A**

Standard mafia set up would have the mafia team at about 4 members for a game this size.

Its usually 1/4 but sometimes it's 1/3. And that is just non town members, so if there is cult it would be different and some mods put solo's on top of a 1/4 split and some count them in it.

I'm think its 4 non town, but then I have more than 4 people on my suspisious list. color="#FF0000"]Red[/color] is top on mine, I'm too tired now to get into all the reasons why.

i agree with Kath about the scum/town ratios.

amazing kath *golf clap* call this vote what it is, an OMGUS vote. your not too tiered to list the reasons to vote me, the only reason you have is the fact that i wont let the teamwork i saw between you and Moon drop and that you've been ontop of my list for the past 2 game days.

Who's alive:

Kate, NK Night 5.

Ahmoondah

dapianoplay3r

Tiinker

Kathleen

Ishmael Forsaken

Red

JackD

Arlow

Mawthex

keyholder21

Dead Townies:

Locke, squirt (baby turtle

Christine (Gill)

Wombat (Dory)

Dead Scum

Ama, Bruce

Leyrann

now, who is "confirmed town?"

Kate (Because she was a NK Target)

Me (doc.)

Arlow? (He had some role that is now useless without the cop IIRC)

Who's alive:

Kate, NK Night 5.

Ahmoondah

dapianoplay3r

Tiinker

Kathleen

Ishmael Forsaken

Red

JackD

Arlow

Mawthex

keyholder21

Dead Townies:

Locke, squirt (baby turtle

Christine (Gill)

Wombat (Dory)

Dead Scum

Ama, Bruce

Leyrann

now, who is "confirmed town?"

Kate (Because she was a NK Target)

Me (doc.)

Arlow? (He had some role that is now useless without the cop IIRC)

Kate is definitely NOT confirmed. Wasn't this basically the reason that Ama got lynched for and that Christine suicided to prove? After all that I wouldn't put it past any mafia to use that against us. The only one I'd consider confirmed is you so far.

Well, actually Red, I was tired and busy last night, and its not just an OMGUS vote. I know with the way you've been voting me every day it could look like that, but I actually have quite a bit more than you think I do backing my reasoning for think you are suspisous. I did not have the time or the energy to write it all up yesterday, but its here now:

Day one Red Votes Kate on the 'playing the newbie card' bandwagon, with a note that both I and Locke look scummy. I said my peice on the Kate issue (thinking it was forced on her and she seems town) and Locke did look scummy that day but flipped town. I know I'm town, but you all don't so do you want with me being on that list, but in my eyes that looks like Red was fine with lynching 3 townies, the three who making any kind of noise day one. Very much join the club, but join all possible clubs at the time. I'm willing to whore myself to any of the possible causes, cause I know they are all town.

Red was the first to call Ama out when the Ama/Chrissy thing happened but didn't vote her. Even after chrissy dies, Red tries to make me seem scummy.

Red:
Kathleen, on 29 August 2011 - 12:19 PM, said:

Key, I think they [red and arlow] are saying that it was the mafia, but instead of it being an attempt to kill a townie they think it was a set up to make one of the mafia look as town and skim through the rest of the game. It would be a smarter move on the mafia if they could pull that off than an attempt to kill a townie night one.

no i didn't say that nor did i imply it. what i said was that froma townie perspective for a player to assume (and say so on thread) that just because someone didn't die makes them town is FoS worthy. if i thought the underlined, i woudl have FoSd them both, not just Ama.

you suggeting the underlined speaks of team work and trying to shift focus from Ama onto Chrissy

i think we'd do good going for Ama or Keth on this, for reasons i've stated. Ama's post felt like a scum trying to align herself with Chrissy which is why i pointed it out in the first place; and for Kath, thats obvious. sicne i like competing trains, let the pressure begin

first of all what I said wasn't shifting focus from Ama to Chrissy. It was saying if Chrissy flipped mafia it would clear Ama for the game, therefore i was saying that I think Ama is mafia. Red agrees from the start that Ama looks mafia, yet doesn't vote her. Then she pulls pressure off of Ama by suggesting that I was pulling pressure off her. She says Ama looks scummy, but she likes to have competing trains and that that is why she votes me.

This reads as teamwork from Red to save Ama's ass and redirect all focus on a townie (me) and shift the focus off a teammate, while givinng the blame of the shift off herself and onto me.

This has been her only reason this whole game on why I look scummy, and it wasn't even a point I was making, it was me defining what I thought she and arlow were saying.

Then when votes on Ama pile up and Ama switches to Arlow, Red immediately follows saying that Ama looks scummy and her vote on me isn't catching on so she go to Arlow. If you think ama is scummy, why vote Arlow over her? cause shes your teammate? looks like. Then Ley jumps on arlow too, looks like the mafia is really coming to help save ama! Then arlow out right says ama is scum and he knows it and Red doesn't ever switch her vote.

She is the first to post when the death scene comes up (having lost a life, not actually died) though and convientely says she couldn't get on to change her vote to Ama, but she would have. Then she quotes my post where I say that we have someone claiming they 'know' ama is scum, and that i'm suspisous of people who still try to lynch him and don't switch to the one who he says is scum. I pointed out that in voting for who he says is scum, we not only have a chance to get scum, but a chance to prove if he is a townie with a benefitial role, and Red claims that that post is scummy. She doesn't say how it is, just that it is. So I ask her about it.

In that same post, Red claims that Em changing her vote from Arlow to Ama after his reveal looks scummy and is now thinking em is scum for it.

Then the next day when Ama is up again, Red doens't vote at all. When she does get back she addresses how my post looked scummy and says,

more distancing between you and Ama, connecting players to Ama and also shifting the focus from ama to arlow.
That was all she said about it. I wasn't shifting focus from ama to arlow, I was trying to shift focus from Arlow back onto Ama, who I believed was scum and I couldn't understand why so many people were letting her slide and not trusting an informant role. Red then says that just because Ama flipped Scum doesn't mean that Em is cleared, and that she still thinks that Em is scum for voting off of arlow onto Ama. Yet, once again Red votes for me.

Then in the next post Em says she'd be good with a vote for me or Ley because he seems to be being told what to say , and Red steps in and and says

Em - i'm not following you on Ley. i'd be down for a Ley lynch as well [but for different reasons]
. This looks like Red is trying to discount a valid claim against a team mate, but then distance herself from him and stay 'part of the townie group' still up for lynching whoever the town wants.

Em does her case on Ley and Red immediately agrees that key is right, it does look like he's been coached. seems like the thinking was 'They have a good case, I better go with it so I don't go down with Ley!' Yet in the same post Red says that I am still the best canditate, because she's thought I've looked scummy to her longer. So agreeing to vote a teammate but trying to get out of it? And oddly enough though the vote goes to deadline, Red never does come back to vote for ley. (ley looses a life but is still alive) So that's two mafia, that Red defends, then says look scummy and she'll vote them, but then she doesn't. I also find it funny that the ones who are coming after me in this game are Ama (mafia), Ley (mafia) and Red (unknown).

When day comes this is the first post of Red

i still don't see the fact that Ley appears to be coached more of a reason to lynch him over Kath. kath is whose pinging my radar the most.
Again, my name, leaving reasoning vague and open for you all to think up why I'm scummy to you. taking heat off a friend before he gets lynched again?

That night Kate was the target of the NK. Kate, who Red had tried to push a lynch for on Day One. Red then posts that I'm still the best option for today, but Key would be ok too. For reason's she's already stated. but doesn't vote. She says nothing about Ley, who had the votes to be lynched the day before though.

Moon jumps in with her saying that both red and I look scummy, but she votes me. Also saying nothing about Ley. I think this is distancing between Moon and Red, perhaps the last two mafia trying to split up to save themselves from going down together, but still working together.

Red then vote for me, even though votes are on Ley and cases are made and its obvious he's scum. the only two who had voted at that point that weren't on obvious ley, were Moon and Red, who both voted me because "i ping them"

Red also says that her top two suspious people are me and Key.

I then give my defense again to Red, who still states that while I've been coming off scummy to her since day one its all been on those two posts I made earlier in this write up where I talk about what I thought someone else said, and were I say we should follow the informant role to lynch a scum, who was scum. She then says that she sees my point, agrees with it all, but still thinks I'm scummy. She said she agrees with my points against Ley, but still thinks Ley is town.

directly after this is when Ley can't take the heat anymore and confesses that we were all right, and that he is infact a mafia goon. and says

I go focusing at Red's game. Because I'll be lynched again today. I KNOW it.
. So was that mafia giving up and outing a teammate?

Then right away Red unvotes and votes Ley, then Moon Follows. So, your teammate gave him self up and so you two finish it off? Looks bad to me.

After the lynch but before day ends Moon tries to shift focus back to me with some looney accusation about in thread coaching of Ley with a post that isn't any such thing.

And then Red sucks up to me a little. but ends the post saying that I'm still the best choice for a lynch in the morning.

Then we wake up to today, where Moon votes me from the gate. red said I magically moved to number two on her sus list after Maw, but then when Moon votes me Red does too.

Then red procedes to tell me that I wasn't tired last night and that I have nothing on her and its all OMGUS cause I'm pissy that she's been after me from the start.

So sorry that this is so long, but I did infact have more than OMGUS reasoning to vote Red, and I'm sticking to it. If Red flips scum I'm looking at Moon next.

heres why i still find Kath scummy. you guys read the quotes and decide for yourselves, i'm already behind on work enough as it is to make a long winded WoT trying to argue against Kath right now. if i have time, i'll come back to it.

i kept saying Moon where i meant to say Ama. but point blank, the interactions between Kath and Ama felt like team work. both with the distancing and the people Kath tried to attach to Ama.

Key, I think they are saying that it was the mafia, but instead of it being an attempt to kill a townie they think it was a set up to make one of the mafia look as town and skim through the rest of the game. It would be a smarter move on the mafia if they could pull that off than an attempt to kill a townie night one.

no i didn't say that nor did i imply it. what i said was that froma townie perspective for a player to assume (and say so on thread) that just because someone didn't die makes them town is FoS worthy. if i thought the underlined, i woudl have FoSd them both, not just Ama.

you suggeting the underlined speaks of team work and trying to shift focus from Ama onto Chrissy

If we get a controlled vote on Ama and she flips scum than we know Arlow not only told the truth but has a way to find more scum. If she flips town we have someone to go after for a lynch the next day.

We have someone saying they 'know' Ama is mafia, why are we trying to go away from that? Even if she is Town we know who to go after tomorrow. I think we get more from her lynch than Arlow's right now.

And all we get if Arlow dies is confirmation of he has a role that could have helped us, but won't be any use to us once he's dead.

Anyone trying to pull away from that looks suspicious to me, especially if ama does die and flips scum.

this post is scummy more distancing between you and Ama, connecting players to Ama and also shifting the focus from ama to arlow.

You both make good points, however I find kath's to be a little more convincing. Red's sound a little more like they were just pulled out of thin air.

Why did Moon reveal she was the doc? If she is, isn't that basically THE ROLE that you do not want getting out to the general public? There wasn't even any pressure on her, so why the reveal? However, she might be telling the truth, so we can't really afford to lynch her without a pretty darn good reason. FOS though.

If we get a controlled vote on Ama and she flips scum than we know Arlow not only told the truth but has a way to find more scum. If she flips town we have someone to go after for a lynch the next day.

We have someone saying they 'know' Ama is mafia, why are we trying to go away from that? Even if she is Town we know who to go after tomorrow. I think we get more from her lynch than Arlow's right now.

And all we get if Arlow dies is confirmation of he has a role that could have helped us, but won't be any use to us once he's dead.

Anyone trying to pull away from that looks suspicious to me, especially if ama does die and flips scum.

this post is scummy more distancing between you and Ama, connecting players to Ama and also shifting the focus from ama to arlow.

Also, I'm not too sure about lynching Leyrann again. Most of our roled players have had two lives, so I'm wary of lynching another.

(Forgot to put this in with my other post... Sue me)

so your trying to use the fact he has more than one life to advocate not lynching him; even though you just casted your vote for him.

anyone else see this as a blantant scum move?

So, its not okay for kath to shift focus from ama (according to you; I don't see it. I see another reason to vote ama and a way to put her alignment info to good use), but it's fine for you to pull focus off ley? Hypocritical much? We had already voted him once. This a last-ditch attempt to try to get your teammate off the hook? This supports Kath's arguments more. VOTE RED.

Why reveal?

Because of Red's FOS.

And, because regardless of Red being scummy or not, she's been a good enough mafia player in the past that she can usually lead a good lynch against someone just on the basis of FOSing.

This was a second FOS for me by Red,

Moon, no offence here, but that's really not a good reason. I mean, Red has been on my case basically from day one, but if she has nothing to go on why give in? I have had a lot more pressure from her with no reveal, and with a role like you claim to have you shouldn't be so free to give it up. Though its no use crying over spilled milk I suppose. Its done now.

Though to be honest, my first thought was it was is it a lie to cover your butt? If you are mafia and we think your the role you said you were then we're not gonna lynch you that easily. This could be my over thinking brain, but with so little pressure it looks like a tool to keep yourself alive.

Why reveal?

Because of Red's FOS.

And, because regardless of Red being scummy or not, she's been a good enough mafia player in the past that she can usually lead a good lynch against someone just on the basis of FOSing.

This was a second FOS for me by Red,

Vote Moon.

There was absolutley no reason to reveal when you did, Kath had more of Red's fos than you did. I don't think I believe your reveal at all. Good with my vote, let's see what it pulls out.

Vote Count:

Maw (2) - Kate, Ishy

Kath (2) - Moon, Red

Red (2) - Maw, Kath

Not voting (4)- Player, Tiinker, Jack, Arlow,

Deadline is Friday 2300 Oz, 0600 PST

With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch and 7 to quick lynch.

You have to unvote, Ishy.

Archived