DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Lives 2 Mafia [Nemo Edition] - The Town has dragged to a victory

ed2funy

i get what your saying Kath but my gut still says your scum; i've thought it since Day 1 with your interaction with Ama. which seemed liek you were trying to shift focus from Ama onto Arlow.

i agree with your points about Ley, and about his vote count though. the vote count issues is more of a reason for me to vote him as i still don't like that people are voting him based only on the fact that he was coached (which was the entire case on him yesturday)

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

woah. . . did I read that right?

Leyrann, Mafia Goon, never coached.

Ya'll heard it.

Ley, two phrases come to mind:

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks." {I know, you're a dude, but that's the proper quote}

and

"The more I hear you protest you are not a thief, the more I am certain to count my spoons when you depart." {i have no idea where that one came from}

Some quotes from early in the game, cut down for brevity.

All this is to show why people think you were coached:

So I just noticed something and thought I would point it out.

Above is the first attempt at scumfinding. And what it looks like to me is a sneaky way of shifting focus onto Arlow (who already has 3 votes, yes?) without really looking like it. This way, if a bandwagon does start on Arlow (and on Day One, it doesn't take much) then you don't look all that scummy reading back through.

Granted, I've never played with Arlow before and don't really know if what you're saying has any validity. Plus this early on Day One, there isn't much to look at anyway, so you could just be trying to get the game going. Either way, you have done it, so good job for that.

then directly after that we have Locke pointing it out as the first scumhunting and trying to make that seem suspicious. Its this fact that I just picked up on. He specifically asked for the game to get going, then as soon as it does he jumps on the first person (well second really, cause key was the first to look at Arlow, but I'll take on the heat of being the first to really look into someone and 'throwing the first stone') who does start scum hunting.

I answer him and explain my post (not quoted here as its long and doesn't really add to this post and its on the same page).

*facepalm* Sorry, I had the vote count really messed up in my mind. This is what I get for not paying attention or going back to check things. I withdraw my previous statement.

As for Ley, this is his first game, so I cut him some slack there.

After I explain/correct his vote count, he then makes his case of 'oops, I'm not paying attention to the game' and withdraws his comments in his second post I quoted.

All of this seems off to me. First he tells us to play, then when we do he says we look suspisious for it. I'm meaning specifically his reaction to the fact that we're scum hunting (after he suggested we do).

The above quote was from Kath trying to convince us Locke was scum.

A few posts later, Ley took his vote off of Kath and voted for locke with no explaination.

Leyrann, what is your reasoning behind that?

(As a good rule of thumb, providing your own reasoning for votes is a good idea. Otherwise, people tend to think of the worse possible reason of why you voted the way you did.)

Because of what was said about Locke in the few posts above mine. And him (in my opinion) not trying to defend himself.

This looks like you were in-thread coached.

And is a primary reason for my FOS vs kath.

Yes, you read it right.

I gave up.

But I am NOT being coached. Just so that you all know I REALLY learn fast.

Calm down, kid. Part of mafia is being able to push through those moments when it seems the entire group wanted to lynch you. You were very much still on the fence as a lynch candidate, as I saw it.

No one said you weren't capable of learning fast.

Some quotes from early in the game, cut down for brevity.

All this is to show why people think you were coached:

So I just noticed something and thought I would point it out.

Above is the first attempt at scumfinding. And what it looks like to me is a sneaky way of shifting focus onto Arlow (who already has 3 votes, yes?) without really looking like it. This way, if a bandwagon does start on Arlow (and on Day One, it doesn't take much) then you don't look all that scummy reading back through.

Granted, I've never played with Arlow before and don't really know if what you're saying has any validity. Plus this early on Day One, there isn't much to look at anyway, so you could just be trying to get the game going. Either way, you have done it, so good job for that.

then directly after that we have Locke pointing it out as the first scumhunting and trying to make that seem suspicious. Its this fact that I just picked up on. He specifically asked for the game to get going, then as soon as it does he jumps on the first person (well second really, cause key was the first to look at Arlow, but I'll take on the heat of being the first to really look into someone and 'throwing the first stone') who does start scum hunting.

I answer him and explain my post (not quoted here as its long and doesn't really add to this post and its on the same page).

*facepalm* Sorry, I had the vote count really messed up in my mind. This is what I get for not paying attention or going back to check things. I withdraw my previous statement.

As for Ley, this is his first game, so I cut him some slack there.

After I explain/correct his vote count, he then makes his case of 'oops, I'm not paying attention to the game' and withdraws his comments in his second post I quoted.

All of this seems off to me. First he tells us to play, then when we do he says we look suspisious for it. I'm meaning specifically his reaction to the fact that we're scum hunting (after he suggested we do).

The above quote was from Kath trying to convince us Locke was scum.

A few posts later, Ley took his vote off of Kath and voted for locke with no explaination.

Leyrann, what is your reasoning behind that?

(As a good rule of thumb, providing your own reasoning for votes is a good idea. Otherwise, people tend to think of the worse possible reason of why you voted the way you did.)

Because of what was said about Locke in the few posts above mine. And him (in my opinion) not trying to defend himself.

This looks like you were in-thread coached.

And is a primary reason for my FOS vs kath.

So... I'm not sure if this is just going to turn your FoS at me, but I was the one who told him that giving an explanation was a good thing to do. I was railed in my last game for making a silly mistake similar and didn't want "the new kid" to get railed, too.

Just so that you all know I REALLY learn fast.

Repeating this makes you sound really obnoxious, just fyi.

Also, part of mafia is not giving up. Part of the reason we kept our cases on you is to see how you reacted under pressure. Apparently not well.

Also, part of mafia is not giving up. Part of the reason we kept our cases on you is to see how you reacted under pressure. Apparently not well.

I'm sure I would've had those last two votes too. I mean, we had five votes on me, and two on Kath, while the deadline is that soon, that I will not be active again after I shut down in some minutes. People don't want a random. So they vote the person with most votes. And I got really annoyed by you all thinking I was coached, because I wanted that you knew I did it on own power. You wouldn't believe me otherwise. So I've shortened my life with some hours, but I could also let you believe the truth earlier.

Ley - kath pointed out why you appeared coached, i agree with those. if your not, then good for you you have a really good understandingof the game; if you were and your denying it, we'll your scum and i expect you to be a LLL in this game.

point is, continuing to argue a moot point wont accomplish anything as you've outed yourself and nothing will get my vote off of you because of that.

Okay. I just wanted to make sure you didn't see Kate and think Kath.

For a moment earlier, I thought Kath was Kate when reading through the vote count. I think I don't sleep enough. :tongue:

kate you confuse me; Moon FoS'd kath, not you. i don't get where the fear comes from you being linked to Kath. unless maybe its a fruedian slip and your scared that there is a link between yourself and her and want to CYA.

this jumping to conclusions pings me.

^ this

also, ley being a goon makes me suspect Key less and i think that Kath should be our lynch for tomorrow. for the reaosns i've already pointed out. just because she's on Ley's wagon doesnt mean crap; she's scummy in her own merit. her being on Ley's wagon both days speaks more of a team mate trying to use a "lost cause" to vet themselves imo.

also, Maw's comments of "they didn't NK ley so he must be scum" a few pages back pings as well; not to mention his vetting for Arlow with the "relys on a cop finding so their probably leaving him for last" comment as well

my new short list is

Kath

Maw

Kate

Jack

Argh, I've looked for my original post but can't find it. Ley, I said earlier that you getting better at gameplay really fast didn't automatically make you scum imo, nor even did the fact that you may be getting coached. I explained my reasoning earlier, but can't for the life of me find the post. However, if you're going to give up and reveal, you really don't leave me any choice. Vote Ley. Hammer I believe.

Archived