DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Lives 2 Mafia [Nemo Edition] - The Town has dragged to a victory

ed2funy

• Replies 827
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm here. Just haven't got much to say unfortunately :( The only thing I've seen which strikes me really as suspicious is Keys wagon jumping on Day 3.

Interesting, because at the time you said:

Keys reasoning seems legit. It's exactly what went through my mind aswell.

Lol facepalm. I was thinking of you in Kaths game.

There was only one vote candidate on Day 3 here. I just have a bit of a headache and muddled it up. Please don't tell me you think I'm that big of a tard T_T

So you were thinking of my reasoning being legit in Kath's game, or my bandwagon jumping (which I don't believe I did as it is day 3 and I'm not even voting for anyone)? I'm confused!

I suppose not :wink:.

I'm here. Just haven't got much to say unfortunately :( The only thing I've seen which strikes me really as suspicious is Keys wagon jumping on Day 3.

Interesting, because at the time you said:

Keys reasoning seems legit. It's exactly what went through my mind aswell.

Lol facepalm. I was thinking of you in Kaths game.

There was only one vote candidate on Day 3 here. I just have a bit of a headache and muddled it up. Please don't tell me you think I'm that big of a tard T_T

So you were thinking of my reasoning being legit in Kath's game, or my bandwagon jumping (which I don't believe I did as it is day 3 and I'm not even voting for anyone)? I'm confused!

I suppose not :wink:.

No, I thought your reasoning was legit in THIS game :P

I wasn't thinking straight, ignore it. Forgive me >:[

Ok..So I did that scan of Tiinker that I had said I was gonna do. I have it saved in a word doc. Its only from when Tiinker joined and no quotes, just a recap and my thoughts. If you want it, I'll post it, but I don't want to just put out my thoughts out there when we have someone else who is looking scummy, but I did say I was gonna look back at Tiinker as he really pinged me yesterday, so that is why I'm saying that now.

After the Vote between Arlow and Ama I do think Tiinker is worth looking at closer. That whole day vote reeked of mafia trying to use inactivity and deadlines to get a lynch on a townie over outed scum, and Tiinker was the most vocal and obvious show of this.

Post it please at the very least it'll get the game moving.

Here are my thoughts from yesterday on a scan back of Tiinker (and the game play on that day). I've not been feeling well, so its not very detailed or quoting postes and stuff like a real case, but its what I could do given how I was feeling:

During day two there was a lot discussion about Arlow's role hinting and eventual reveal. With 24 hours left of day 2 Ama votes Arlow, saying its purly OMGUS to save her own butt. Directly after that Red votes Arlow, saying that his vote on Ama is scummy. Two posts later Ley says Ama looked scummy, but because Arlow voted for her after she said something that made her look a little less scummy she was going with a vote on Arlow too. After this Arlow reiderates his hint that he already made about knowing that Ama is scum and outright says that he knows she is scum. This is after he already revealed his character and explained he was an investigative role. But people seemed to overlook that and follow Ama's OMGUS vote for him, so he said it again, more clearly. The game was really dead and there were only 22 hours left before deadline. Still when Tiinker came online she posted the following (I cut some for length, its post 298):

... But really I haven't had much time to do more than skim but I'll be reading through it for the next hour or two.

At the moment I'm down with lynching either [ama or arlow] since but I don't want to push either of them- Ama saying what she said looks to be an easy setup and Arlow doesn't ring town or scum to me - so I'm going to Vote Arlow for now. I'll check back with the thread regularly till the deadline so if there's a shift then I'll swap votes.

This pinged me as it was after he had revealed the way his role worked and claimed he had found scum, we had a good number of posts and contraversy over it and had confirmed that he knew Ama was scum. Granted Tiinker did say that he had only skimmed, but still I would think this stuff would have been part of what he skimmed since he commented and voted on it. Right after this post Nyn posts voting Arlow too. After what had been said I don't understand why Nyn would have done it if she was town, (or Mafia really, its too obvious, but I get to that later) she's been around long enough to pick up someone saying "THIS PERSON IS SCUM" and she still shrugged it off. This whole vote just reaks of Mafia trying to take advantage of a really quiet game and ignoring the fact that their pal had been caught and trying to push on to get a quick lynch on someone with out a case. But at the time, and looking back it looks like a bunch of mafia trying to vote Arlow over their pal Ama in the hope that the inactivity would force deadline and thus a bandwagon on him.

Tinker posted a lot during this time, even after it was pointed out several times that voting Ama gave more info, and he still claimed he didn't see it. He backed Ama (while claiming that he wasn't really sure of her) and kept going after Arlow even though he had said he had an investigative role that proved that Ama was scum. By this time Tiinker had enough time to know what was going on. He just wouldn't change votes which, given all that was going on that day, seemed really really suspicious. After this there is the whole Wombat/Tiinker "I'm with you" Exchange that I commented on at the time. Its just all too much. It screams Tiinker is trying to save Ama, and Ama wasn't even trying to save herself. She admitted that she looked scummy and was only voting arlow so there was a chance someone else would be lynched.

As I said before everyone who didn't change votes after Arlow made his claim looks really scummy to me. Namely Tiiker, who stayed active throughout the whole thing, Nyn who is experienced enough and smart enough to see what was going on, and Moon, who came in at the end after everything and still voted Arlow, even though ama was only one vote behind, just so she could make Arlow L-1.

I advice people to read a back throught that whole day. I know its not smart/normal for the mafia to be obvious like that, but if they thought they could come out in one swoop and force a bandwagon to beat the clock in a quiet game I wouldn't put it past them.

Does anyone find it odd that the mafia didn't target Arlow after his reveal?

I do not. Let's think a bit about it. At that point, we know Arlow has an investigate role. This means it is likely that the Doc will protect him, the only sure Townie. If the Mafia think a bit about this, they know it's better not to try to kill him, but instead someone else.

Just because someone blatantly says "This person is scum! Lynch him!" doesn't give me them any credit whatsoever unless they explain HOW they know. He didn't reveal until a lot later

I am with you. But I didn't want to throw my vote on the other train and cause a tip on the scale before it was ready. It stayed pretty neck and neck and it's why I said that I'd prefer if people didn't vote at least until each got a chance to reply.

Still have 5 hours before the deadline and despite what Wombat says that's still time to get two votes without having the next two people to come online the "unvote,vote".

Arlow you just claimed an anti-town role. If you're scum then I don't know if that's a major slip or great thinking. If you're town then you just got served by the mod. If someone switches there vote to Ama then I'll hammer but I'm not going to break the tie at the moment.

I bolded the important parts.

In a game with unfortunately little activity like this one votes always end up piling on randomly and I didn't want that. All I had to go on was Arlows word and imo it was way more beneficial to have a competing train since no one revealed and I didn't have a good idea on the pair of them. From what I read it looked like Ama's train started because she said that Christine being town was a sure thing.

Vote: Amadine

Trying to vet Christine pings hardcore.

Vote Amadine.

Your attempt at vetting Christine is teh scummie.

Those were the first two votes on Ama and then Christine suicides and then we get Arlow voting.

I still think Ama is scum, even though Christine flipped town. VOTE Ama

I had only skimmed the thread at the time and I found it more convenient for me to vote Arlow than Ama since it was like 5 votes against 2 and since I saw no reason to push it further and cause a lynch tipping.

Arlow then came out and claimed a role which was deemed scum. What was I supposed to think? When I came back though he had fully claimed and Ama was L-1 so I filled the last spot.

I do not. Let's think a bit about it. At that point, we know Arlow has an investigate role. This means it is likely that the Doc will protect him, the only sure Townie. If the Mafia think a bit about this, they know it's better not to try to kill him, but instead someone else.

Unless the doc didn't believe Arlow.

I thought you were new to mafia?

Unless the doc didn't believe Arlow.

I thought you were new to mafia?

Yes, I am. But is this so difficult? I'm fifteen, the best age for learning, and much more clever than the average person (because I'm doing the highest grade of school without real effort, except for Greek).

I don't care how far you got in the other games now, you have gone from knowing way too little to knowing way too much in this game. Either you were playing 'dumb' at the start and are giving up on that and playing 'smart' now, or your being coached. Vote Ley.

I don't care how far you got in the other games now, you have gone from knowing way too little to knowing way too much in this game. Either you were playing 'dumb' at the start and are giving up on that and playing 'smart' now, or your being coached. Vote Ley.

I think he's being coached.

VOTE Ley

(Didn't get around to a reread due to Dead Island coming out yesterday >.>)

I find myself unable to vote Ley atm. As a new player (well not so new now, but compared to everyone else other than Ley, I'm still the new guy), I need a little clarification. I saw a few of you post in the Mafia Grievances thread that a great thing for newer players to have is a QT where more experienced players coached us through our first game. Some of you that are actually voting for him now were the ones that said that as a matter of fact. I don't see that he may be getting a little advice (and I DO think someone is advising him) makes him 100% scummy. I think that a townie as well could benefit from a more experienced player coaching them on the in and outs in their first game. If we take the fact that his "Mafia Game" has taken an exponential leap (and it has) off the table, has anything else he has said seemed especially scummy? Not to me it hasn't. Now I'm not saying he isn't mafia, he very well may be, but I would rather cast my vote on him due to scummy play, and not on his game improving. And also, I may be a softie, but as this is his first game, let 'em play, we desperately need Mafia players on DM, and to scare a new player off just because his game is "too good" seems ridiculous to me.

Now I realize I'm going to get FoS's thrown my way for defending someone that is halfway towards getting lynched and I'm ok with that. If the overall state of DM mafia is improved by you guys lynching a townie (me), then that's a sacrifice I'm willing to make. But there are peeps in this game that have acted far scummier than Ley that we should be taking a look at (Tinker for one), and I feel that we will be wasting a lynch on someone whos' scumminess is being shown by being a good player? Really? So let's keep the newer players who are happier to lurk through their first game and get rid of the ones that actually try to do what the vets say they wish new players would do....that is bad play imo.

O.o You think he's getting coached (advised, whatever) and yet you don't think he's 100% scum? I don't think Mottlee and Ed would've set up a separate QT board for just Ley and a tutor... As this is an advanced game, not a basic training one (which ran a while ago, and featured private QT boards).

Looks like we'll be probably getting a random lynch today... :/

I voted Ley becuase there weren't really any other options with it being so dead at the moment, but I do find Tiinker, Nyn and Moon very suspicious, as they posted after my claim that Ama was scum and didn't even acknowledge it.

Ishy that's noble of you, but at this point I doubt we have the time to form a lynch on you to save Ley, and to be honest that would only hurt the game, unless you flipped scum. You're death won't give us any info to move forward with tomorrow. At this point, even if Ley is Town we still get info from his death.

In 2 hours its deadline. The only thing that we hope for before then is a controlled lynch before it goes random. That doesn't always mean that you vote the person you find scummiest, that means you vote the person who is most likely to go down. A random lynch doesn't give as much info as a controlled one.

Come on guys, I know you know this stuff. Has everyone just given up on this game? It doesn't have to be over.

*crawls out of the woodwork*

I agree with certain parts of Ishy's point about Ley...but I still think Ley is more likely scum than town.

Oddly, though, if Ley flips town I will be looking at Ishy more closely. Ishy's detailed explanation on not wanting to vote on Ley just seemed like he was trying too hard to point out that he didn't want to vote for him. I can't exactly put a finger on it, but it just doesn't sit well on the radar.

In the interest of a controlled lynch, and because Ley hasn't made any blatant newbie errors that I would expect,

Vote Ley.

Am I mafia if I say it's not weird the mafia didn't try to kill Arlow? Which mafia would ever ask someone else to do that, and not say him/herself. And it's some minutes to deadline, if I'm right, so I Vote Kath, because, at the last vote count (I had no time to carefully read all the posts), she was voting me, while the other one who already had a vote, was not. But I think we'll have a random.

Archived