DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Fave Character

Clayden69

I agree with whoever said that they tend to favor what they're currently reading, so since I'm reading the Malazan books, I have to go with Anomander Rake. He just has that amazing ability to totally capture every scene he's in and keep you thinking about him, even though he's very rarely in the books (at least, as far as I know; I'm currently reading Toll the Hounds). Honorable mentions go to Kruppe and Quick Ben, because they're awesome.

In other series... hmm. Tough one. I love all three of the WoT boys, but I have to say that I'm a bit of an oddball in that Perrin is my favorite; I think he has been ever since TDR. I think it's because I see a lot of myself in him. I admit that he gets less enjoyable to read during the Faile plotline, but I still love him.

Also, Kvothe from Rothfuss' Kingkiller books is a great character, and I'm very interested to see where Pat takes him in the next book and how it all plays out with the past self vs. future self aspect (won't say more due to spoilers).

I agree with whoever said that they tend to favor what they're currently reading, so since I'm reading the Malazan books, I have to go with Anomander Rake. He just has that amazing ability to totally capture every scene he's in and keep you thinking about him, even though he's very rarely in the books (at least, as far as I know; I'm currently reading Toll the Hounds). Honorable mentions go to Kruppe and Quick Ben, because they're awesome.

In other series... hmm. Tough one. I love all three of the WoT boys, but I have to say that I'm a bit of an oddball in that Perrin is my favorite; I think he has been ever since TDR. I think it's because I see a lot of myself in him. I admit that he gets less enjoyable to read during the Faile plotline, but I still love him.

Also, Kvothe from Rothfuss' Kingkiller books is a great character, and I'm very interested to see where Pat takes him in the next book and how it all plays out with the past self vs. future self aspect (won't say more due to spoilers).

If you think Rake is awesome now, just wait till you finish TTH.

My favorite is Judge Holden from Blood Meridian. Others from more traditional fantasy...

Drusas Achamian

The Bloody Nine

Mat Cauthon

Tyrion Lannister

Lord Kosoter

Quick Ben

Forgot the Bloody Nine (even though he was a slight copy of Dace) class character. Hope Abercrombie brings him back in a new series. In fact I think he'll have to as the fans of the First Law series are going mad that he hasn't appeared in the last couple of books. One of the best fantasy writers at the mo and one of the best characters, for me Abercrombie kicks Sandersons arse.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

If we're just going by books, I'm currently reading ASOIAF, so I'm a little bit fixated around the characters there atm. I think Tyrion, Arya and Asha are probably all up in the favourites section. Going to have to give Faile and Nynaeve honourable mentions, too.

Currently, though, my favourite fantasy characters are Littlefinger and Varys, by far and away. I'm such a Littlefinger fangirl at the moment, its not even funny.

From WoT, Rand and Tam al'Thor, Lan Mandragoran, Moridin and Gareth Byrne.

From ASOIAF, Ser Barristan Selmy, Jon Snow, and even though we don't really get to see him Rhaegar Targaryen.

From LOTR, Borimir, Gimli,Strider(before we were really made aware of who he is), and Arwen.

From The Darkness That Comes Before, Kellhus Anasurimbor.

Archived