DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Fave Character

Clayden69

who is ur fave character in fantasy?? (including Greek mythology and Norse etc..)

mine is Nakor the Isalani from Raymond E. Feists Midkemia series

i also very much like Ralan Bek from Raymond E. Feists Darkwar Saga (i know most of his later work is shoddy compared to his stuff up to Serpentwar but he proved with Bek he can still create good characters)

Jesus. Come on, dude could turn water into wine, now that's my kind of herobiggrin.gif

Ok, more serious...I tend to favour what I am currently reading, and since last thing i read was ADWD, I am leaning towards Tyrion.

Jesus- nah!! not much of a drinker and detest wine

Tyrion- ive just started reading A Game of Thrones and ive said in a different thread that i think he has the potential to b a fave character of mine

who is ur fave character in fantasy?? (including Greek mythology and Norse etc..)

mine is Nakor the Isalani from Raymond E. Feists Midkemia series

i also very much like Ralan Bek from Raymond E. Feists Darkwar Saga (i know most of his later work is shoddy compared to his stuff up to Serpentwar but he proved with Bek he can still create good characters)

I have read most of Feists' Midkemia saga, and I must say that every scene with Nakor in it is always an enjoyable scene to read.

My MOST favorite character in all of Fantasy is without a doubt, Rand al`Thor.

I have many, many favorite characters from the hundreds and hundreds of fantasy novels that I've read. But for me, my very most favorite character is Rand al`Thor.

my fav fantasy character ... i have to go with Fain tbh. Voldy is a close second, just because i've been a Voldy fan girl since GoF was released in hard cover .... old loves die hard, what can i say :baalzamon:

as for religion, i'd have to say Athena. she's epically awesome imo.

Guest Nyanko_Susu

My favourite fantasy characters so far are Andrej Delãny and Abu Dun from "Chronicles of the Immortals" by Wolfgang Hohlbein (orig. "Die Chronik der Unsterblichen"). But since I've started TWOT-series this could be about to change... Who knows? ;)

My least favourite character is definitely Paris from Greek Mythology (Trojan War).

My favorite is Lerris, of the Recluce Saga by L.E. Modesitt. Poor guy, he just wants to make nice furniture, and keeps getting dragged into battles and political intrigue and saving the world.

Guest Nyanko_Susu
Poor guy, he just wants to make nice furniture, and keeps getting dragged into battles and political intrigue and saving the world.

That sounds quite interesting. :happy: Poor guy, really...

My favorite character is Rand al`Thor.

In my opinion, no one but Robert Jordan has ever written a hero with all of the complexity of personality that we find in Rand al`Thor while at the same time, most of the world either hates him, fears him, or treats Rand al`Thor with much, much less respect than he deserves. He knows that he is going to die, and he is going to willingly sacrifice himself in order to save the world and those whom he loves. Those are some of the reasons why Rand al`Thor is my most favorite fictional character of all time.

Odyssus is pretty badass in Greek Mythology.

In modern stuff..

Rand is up there.

Tyrion as mentioned before and likewise, Jamie Lannister.

Locke Lamora is a good character.

Kvothe is interesting and has possibilties.

Oh, and Roland Deschain.

• 2 weeks later...

Cerebus, from Dave Sim's great graphic novel CEREBUS. He's an Aardvark (don't ask--it's both very simple and very complicated), but he has quite a resume of occupations over his life:

Sorcerer's Apprentice,

Barbarian,

Kitchen Staff Supervisor/Security Chief,

Diplomat,

Prime Minister,

Memoirist,

Accidental Husband,

Prime Minister again,

Pope,

Rapist/Husband For a Few Minutes,

Chosen One Who Ascends to the Moon,

House Guest,

Fugitive,

Chosen One Who Ascends Through the Solar System and Ends Up On Pluto,

Barfly,

Bartender,

Divine Inspiration to an Unstable Prophet,

Fanboy of a Suicidal Writer,

Sheepherder,

Star Athlete,

Messiah to Three Crazy Disciples,

World Ruler,

Husband Yet Again,

and finally Doddering Old Father of an Evil Son.

That's Cerebus. Check him out sometime. Hey, his story is only 6000 pages long.

Archived